Lombardi hired by Browns

Integrity28

Browns hired NFL Network's Michael Lombardi as VP of player personnel.

Lombardi wasn't given the GM title, which leaves open the possibility that Chiefs director of pro personnel Ray Farmer could still be in the mix to rejoin president Joe Banner and Lombardi in the front office. This will be Lombardi's second stint at the head of player personnel, as he also ran the department in the early 1990s before and during the Bill Belichick regime. Although Lombardi has been out of the league since a 10-year run with the Raiders ended in 2007, he's been advising Banner for the past few months.

New Browns VP of player personnel Michael Lombardi called the selection of Brandon Weeden at No. 22 overall last year a "panicked disaster."

Lombardi also told a Cleveland radio station in September that Colt McCoy gives the team a better chance to win. On the flip side, Weeden's arm strength is better suited to new coach Rob Chudzinski's vertical attack. One source told ESPN Cleveland that team president Joe Banner assured McCoy he is still in the team's plans, though likely not as the starter. We've seen no evidence that Weeden has been given similar assurance.

LOL... we'd better hire someone legit, that's all I can say.

I see this going well.

How can no one have final say? Who the hell is going to be making the decisions? It has to be someone, unless they plan to send every decision to committee and put it to a vote. Are they going to draw straws every time they're on the clock during the draft?

That's some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever heard. Can always rely on the Browns to make sure the Jets aren't the only idiots in the NFL.

How can no one have final say? Who the hell is going to be making the decisions? It has to be someone, unless they plan to send every decision to committee and put it to a vote. Are they going to draw straws every time they're on the clock during the draft?

That's some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever heard. Can always rely on the Browns to make sure the Jets aren't the only idiots in the NFL.

I picture the Browns' draft room with a giant wheel with all the players on it.

To say the Jets are in a better position than the Browns, to win in the next decade is absurd.

The Browns won't win sh*t, they never do. The Jets, on the other hand, need to sneak in some quasi-good play just to make sure they cock-tease us all. A playoff berth mixed in with maybe even a postseason win or two, just to let everyone think that maybe this time, this is really it. Which of course, will be followed by the inevitable complete collapse. So granted, it's not like either team has a chance in hell of getting themselves a ring, but on a relative scale, pretty much everyone wins more than the Browns.

Another guy that I'm not sure how he keeps getting jobs.

And I think he's way off on the Weeden/McCoy thing. Weeden was just a rookie, I don't care how old he is. And he has a rifle, McCoy is terrible.

Who is like 5 years older then Mccoy and sucks. This guy is 29, he sucks and he's old, add that to the other busts the Browns have picked.

Archived