Mehta, Cimini & Agapito On Revis: MERGED

flgreen

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets Pettine well has run dry for Manish and he needs to make BS stories out of nothing now. I would imagine its only a matter of time before we see Manish transfer to The Buffalo Evening News :)

(Folks ever wonder why Jets 'allowed' Pettine to walk to a rival in a lateral? He Brutus'ed Rex and Jets, thats why.."Et Tu Mikey")

How is this news?  They didn't walk by the guys and not say hello, they just didn't meet.  They shouldn't meet.  If they did, could you imagine the inferences these ******* morons would make?  The guy is under contract already, there isn't the urgency that the press wants to create.

Exactly. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The media has been doing this to them for years. Why some are so blind to it, I don't know.

In other news, the Jets DID meet with agents for:

-Santonio Holmes  to restructure his deal, this is verified. 

-Dustin Keller  to gauge interest in coming back at a reasonable price?

-Jeff Cumberland  to resign?

-Austin Howard  to resign?

-Shonn Greene to wish them well?

-Laron Landry to beg for a reasonable contract?

I'm more interested in why we haven't met anyone about UFA's: Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson and Mike Devito.

Mehta is inventing a controversy where there isn't one..

The Jets have paid Revis a fortune, he is right now under contract and not even his agent says the Jets and he had any meetings set up in Indy.

Idizk's 1st phone call upon getting the GM job was calling Revis personally.

You can fault the Jets for a great deal. but were I Idzik or Johnson I would revoke the Daily News' press credentials for thisi crap.

In other news, the Jets DID meet with agents for:

-Santonio Holmes to restructure his deal, this is verified.

-Dustin Keller to gauge interest in coming back at a reasonable price?

-Jeff Cumberland to resign?

-Austin Howard to resign?

-Shonn Greene to wish them well?

-Laron Landry to beg for a reasonable contract?

I'm more interested in why we haven't met anyone about UFA's: Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson and Mike Devito.

One conclusion you can make from this is that the Jets are way too focused on non-QBs. None of those guys are QBs who can and will turn this directionless and possibly stupid franchise around.

One conclusion you can make from this is that the Jets are way too focused on non-QBs. None of those guys are QBs who can and will turn this directionless and possibly stupid franchise around.

Not this year bubby.  We can't afford any saviors, and there aren't any available anyway.  

This is a great point.

These guys are actually FA's.  Why isn't Mehta concerned about the disrespect being shown them.

Reading between the lines: the Jets are going to let Moore, Slauson and Devito stick their toes in the pool before making a decision on them.  If that's the case, we can kiss Moore and Devito goodbye.  The latter will go up north, he's a perfect BB guy. 

That also means we'll be rolling with Ducasse and a new addition...hopefully Slauson comes back.  

Mehta is inventing a controversy where there isn't one..

The Jets have paid Revis a fortune, he is right now under contract and not even his agent says the Jets and he had any meetings set up in Indy.

Idizk's 1st phone call upon getting the GM job was calling Revis personally.

You can fault the Jets for a great deal. but were I Idzik or Johnson I would revoke the Daily News' press credentials for thisi crap.

Revoke their press credentials?  Please don't.  That would put them in the same boat as ... JetNation!

The Darrelle Revis saga continues as stories are coming out of the NFL combine in Indianapolis about friction between himself and Jets executives, along with more trade rumors.

The New York Daily News reports that Jets general manager John Idzik met with a number of player’s agents but not Revis’:

The Jets’ contingent, which included GM John Idzik, Rex Ryan and (owner Woody) Johnson himself, didn’t meet or contact Revis’ representatives during the combine

Idzik … met with representatives of Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Austin Howard, Shonn Greene and LaRon Landry during the week, but elected not to talk to Revis’ agents.

Source: Manish Mehta / NY Daily News

Revis’ contract runs through this season but the Jets are prohibited from restricting (tagging) him in any way after the contract runs out.  With Revis able to become an unrestricted free agent next year the cash strapped Jets may not be able to retain him.

News came out about the Jets, at the behest of owner Woody Johnson, looking at possibly trading the star cornerback instead of signing him to a new contract or losing him to free agency.  Revis recently lashed out at the organization during an interview about not being informed the team was looking to trade him.

Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports that the Jets have listened to “preliminary offers” for Revis while at the combine:

As the Jets spent last weekend at the NFL scouting combine shopping Revis in passive-aggressive style (New York isn’t calling anybody, but team management was all ears when multiple teams called to hold preliminary talks, according to sources)

Revis is rehabilitating from a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee sustained early last season but it looks like the Revis trade talk will only grow louder and stronger as his recovery progresses.

Preface this that the only jersey I now own is Revis, and even if he's traded I'll still wear it. He is great at what he does, but he isn't a QB and he's coming off a bad injury. I wish him well if he is gone.

How tense can anyone really be at a bunch of people who have paid him over $50 million? Guy probably has a fvckin'solid gold toilet seat thanks to Woody Johnson and he's "tense"?

"Elected not to talk"-what does that even mean?

So JetNation is now reduced to quoting articles from a tabloid?  Come on, this is Mehta who basically has written another article in which the validity of it can not be proven because it is all speculation on his part.

In fairness, there really is no urgency to talk to Revis' agents right now.

I give you grief all the time, but this sums it up perfectly. 

So, the Jets met with their impending free agents and Holmes who they want to restructure.  Revis is under contract and they have said they want him here.  Why do they have to speak with his agents during the combine?  They really don't.  But Mehta is taking this and trying to spin it that the team is snubbing him.  He's really turned into a horrible journalist with all of his articles pretty much all just baseless speculation at this point.

I could just see this ****sucker using mapquest to determine how far the two hotels are from one another. 

They probably sent the same a$$hole that tracked Rex down for seven hours while he was on vacation to get a picture of him.  The Daily News is nothing but a tabloid now.

I tweeted him saying it was out of bounds, He just DMed me askin 'Rich, did u read article'??

I answered him, YA, it never says a mtg was scheduled, thats not a Snub, its just 'no mtg was on agenda'

Just don't criticize him too much or he'll block you like he did to me.  I Tweeted him and said that my anonymous sources told me that his anonymous sources were full of sh*t.  Both Manish and his butt-buddy Gary Myers both blocked me after that.  They can't take a joke or any criticism at all over there.

Archived