Could Tebow take Kellers place as a HBack in Jets new West Coast Offense?

SouthernJet

I think there could be some validity to SJ's idea.  Idzik is always pretty coy in his comments on Tebow; always adding the qualifier that we will be adding competition at all positions.  That may be an indication that we will be looking at his ability to contribute in other ways. If there isn't a market for Tebow, we aren't going to drum one up by merely saying that he's included in our QB competition.  He couldn't beat out the Amazing Mark Sanchez...and other teams are well aware of that.  Lip service at a press conference won't change that fact.    

Tebow can play football. I don't think he can replace the production of Keller, but I wouldn't discount the idea of us trying him out at other positions better suited to his skill set. 7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal contains $8.7 million guaranteed, including a $6.275 million option bonus in the second year. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives, though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2013: $2,586,875, 2014: $895,000, 2015: Free Agent

7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal contains $8.7 million guaranteed, including a $6.275 million option bonus in the second year. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives, though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2013: $2,586,875, 2014: $895,000, 2015: Free

7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal contains $8.7 million guaranteed, including a $6.275 million option bonus in the second year. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives, though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2013: $2,586,875, 2014: $895,000, 2015: Free Agent

7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal contains $8.7 million guaranteed, including a $6.275 million option bonus in the second year. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives, though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2013: $2,586,875, 2014: $895,000, 2015: Free Agent

Idzik is trying to put lipstick on a pig!

One thing i like about this is Idzik could dump him and Tanny will be to blame. But the fact he is trying to color the picture rosy shows me he is focused on doing what would be in the best interest's of the team. Whether he is successful in trading Tebow is another thing!

Tebow can play football. I don't think he can replace the production of Keller, but I wouldn't discount the idea of us trying him out at other positions better suited to his skill set.

I find the myth of Tebow fascinating.

The man's entire skill set is his intangibles. Otherwise, he's slow and stiff.

And difficult to tackle...sounds like a perfect H-back to me. 

The only time he's dangerous with the ball in his hands at all is when he's scrambling. If he doesn't have some element of surprise on his side, he's toast.

The only time he's dangerous with the ball in his hands at all is when he's scrambling. If he doesn't have some element of surprise on his side, he's toast.

ya agree,, Hback w/pitches, quick dump offs would give that 'opportunity',,LIke I said Its very doubtful, but I am just thinking the Jets MAY be pondering

ya agree,, Hback w/pitches, quick dump offs would give that 'opportunity',,LIke I said Its very doubtful, but I am just thinking the Jets MAY be pondering

I appreciate the effort to make conversation, but the reality is that there are guys much better equipped for the role available in free agency or the draft who will also come much cheaper. It makes no sense to change Tebow's position here, and I hope like hell that they're not considering it.

If the Jets want to start losing the circus label, they need to start by getting rid of the sideshow that is Tebow.

If this is the case, then the same old inmates are running the asylum.

I find the myth of Tebow fascinating.

The man's entire skill set is his intangibles. Otherwise, he's slow and stiff.

A 4.7 forty and a 38 inch vertical is not something to dismiss for a guy that is 240, has good endurance, and by most accounts is pretty darn strong.

I appreciate the effort to make conversation, but the reality is that there are guys much better equipped for the role available in free agency or the draft who will also come much cheaper. It makes no sense to change Tebow's position here, and I hope like hell that they're not considering it.

If the Jets want to start losing the circus label, they need to start by getting rid of the sideshow that is Tebow.

I agree with this but I don't agree on the physical assessment. I think he has the tools but either doesn't have or hasn't learned what's needed to succeed in the NFL. In tired of talking about this guy, Jets should do the right thing and cut him so that he has a chance to get picked up by another team. They are really going to damage his career should they take him through training camp and then cut him. We all know there is hardly any chance in hell hat he would start for the Jets no matter how well he does in training camp. Let the guy go.

every time i watch this i pray he catches it

He looks like a dork there. I was thinking that he should have forcefully come back for the ball. He needs to stay at QB and live with the consequences of that. If that means he is out of the league or forever a backup with spot duties as a punt protector so be it. That is still a good life, 500k or 600k a year is nothing to be unhappy about.

Archived