Jets interested in Charles Woodson?

Matt39

Jets should be interested in all these former superstars turned role players. This is especially true of the pass rushers Abraham and Freeney, but a ballhawk like Woodson in the secondary could play the same role Deon Grant played for the Giants' secondary a couple years ago. Probably cheaper than Landry.

Speaking of Landry, what are the chances Los Yets get a comp pick for him?

Jets should be interested in all these former superstars turned role players. This is especially true of the pass rushers Abraham and Freeney, but a ballhawk like Woodson in the secondary could play the same role Deon Grant played for the Giants' secondary a couple years ago. Probably cheaper than Landry.

You add guys like this when you're on a Super Bowl run. Hopefully, the Jets will be looking at guys like this in two years. Right now, they'd just be coming here for a last paycheck.

Landry may very well be on the Jets again this year.

IMO there are a few FA’s S that are better then him, plus several good S in the draft.  Don’t think the market for him is going to be as high as he, and a lot of fans think

Landry may very well be on the Jets again this year.

IMO there are a few FA’s S that are better then him, plus several good S in the draft.  Don’t think the market for him is going to be as high as he, and a lot of fans think

prisco didn't even have him on his top 50 FA list... or honorable mention. I think Landry's impression of himself is higher than what the market will bear. He could come back at the right price.

You add guys like this when you're on a Super Bowl run. Hopefully, the Jets will be looking at guys like this in two years. Right now, they'd just be coming here for a last paycheck.

Or to win, which might not be YOUR goal for 2013 but most definitely should be the JETS' goal for 2013.

Ask any rebuilding team ever how that planned schedule works out. It's a nonsense mentality that is a built in excuse for losing and being bad.

prisco didn't even have him on his top 50 FA list... or honorable mention. I think Landry's impression of himself is higher than what the market will bear. He could come back at the right price.

Didn’t read the article, but I agree with Prisco.  Landry/Bell were a major improvement at the safety position, but I was stunned when Landry made the Pro Bowl.

Other elements are that Landry is still a major injury risk to give a 3-5 year contract to.

IMO if the market is low for him, he will want to come back to play for Rex.  Rex bent over backwards for Landry last year.  He practiced when he wanted to.  Not sure to many other teams are going to cater to him like that

Or to win, which might not be YOUR goal for 2013 but most definitely should be the JETS' goal for 2013.

Ask any rebuilding team ever how that planned schedule works out. It's a nonsense mentality that is a built in excuse for losing and being bad.

Please lay out the scenario by which the Jets win the Super Bowl next year...

I’ll do it, I’ll do it

Garrard comes in and returns to Pro Bowl form.  32 TD and 10 pics

Holmes returns healthy, has a breakout year, and keeps his mouth shut.  Lai actually teaches Hill how run routes, and catch the ball.

Jets trade a 7th round pick for Chris Ivory.

Keller signs real cheap.  1,000 yard season 10 TD’s

Jets draft an OG in the second round who makes the rookie all rookie team.

Couples lifts a few weights in the offseason, and makes a major leap the way Wilkerson did.

Pouha takes a $4,000,000 pay cut, and returns to form as a dominating force against the run.  Elis learns how to keep his pads down in jail.

Jets draft Jarvis Jones, who gets 16 sacks.

Wilson works out with Revis in the off season, and actually learns something.

Landry comes back at vets min.

See, that was easy, and possible.  Let me comp the odds of it actually happening………………………………............Darn my calculator broke

I like the way you think... WTF!!!!??? But yeah... 

I’ll do it, I’ll do it

Garrard comes in and returns to Pro Bowl form. 32 TD and 10 pics

Holmes returns healthy, has a breakout year, and keeps his mouth shut. Lai actually teaches Hill how run routes, and catch the ball.

Jets trade a 7th round pick for Chris Ivory.

Keller signs real cheap. 1,000 yard season 10 TD’s

Jets draft an OG in the second round who makes the rookie all rookie team.

Couples lifts a few weights in the offseason, and makes a major leap the way Wilkerson did.

Pouha takes a $4,000,000 pay cut, and returns to form as a dominating force against the run. Elis learns how to keep his pads down in jail.

Jets draft Jarvis Jones, who gets 16 sacks.

Wilson works out with Revis in the off season, and actually learns something.

Landry comes back at vets min.

See, that was easy, and possible. Let me comp the odds of it actually happening………………………………............Darn my calculator broke

That's not too shabby. lol

They decide not to sh*t the bed in 2013/2014 in March of 2013 because some guy/bot named T0m insists its the only and right way to do it. They have a good draft. They have a good FA. They get top 25 QB play. They keep their best player, he plays the season healthy, the D takes a step forward with an improved pass rush built around Coples, Wilkerson, and faster OLBs. 

Please lay out the scenario where the Jets vault into Super Bowl winners in two years by losing. Please do it without parroting something about how they draft one of the Junior two year starter QBs from 2014's supposedly super mega loaded franchise QB class. 

Edit: Co-sin with the above post^^^

As for as the FA position we can't go right hear. If we go young we're in the field house of paying some injury prone canidates such as Louis Delmas and Kenny Phillips who over the past two years haven't held up although still very young at 26. Ed Reed and Woodson although old can come cheeper but with limit service as thier career ar dwindling making it much likely to look about an replacement sooner than later. But overall I would be ok with the latter as those drafted at safety can be groomed under them. But in no way can we be picky and lose out on all an come out of it with Bush and that hyprid SS/LB guy from USC (Gamecocks) as our projected starter coming ino the draft.

Also don't think Woodson would go to Seattle.

They decide not to sh*t the bed in 2013/2014 in March of 2013 because some guy/bot named T0m insists its the only and right way to do it. They have a good draft. They have a good FA. They get top 25 QB play. They keep their best player, he plays the season healthy, the D takes a step forward with an improved pass rush built around Coples, Wilkerson, and faster OLBs. 

Please lay out the scenario where the Jets vault into Super Bowl winners in two years by losing. Please do it without parroting something about how they draft one of the Junior two year starter QBs from 2014's supposedly super mega loaded franchise QB class. 

Until they get an actual functioning professional football quarterback, they won't do nada next year...

Until they get an actual functioning professional football quarterback, they won't do nada next year...

The same could be said of this super amazing rebuild (v~12.0 or so) that will have the team ready to vault into the elite in two years.

So, win the Super Bowl with the 24th best QB in football. Seems plausible. Gato, ladies and gents.

So, win the Super Bowl with the 24th best QB in football. Seems plausible. Gato, ladies and gents.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Check out who #25 is according to their QBR (Sanchez is #37). So say ~top 20 QB performance as that same player is ranked 17th in DYAR. 

I reeeeally don't think you understand just how much QB play has dragged this roster down. Sanchez wasn't even producing at bottom tier starter levels last year and they mined 6 wins out. That's ignoring both sides of the ball were missing their best players. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Check out who #25 is.

I reeeeally don't think you understand just how much QB play has dragged this roster down. Sanchez wasn't even producing at bottom tier starter levels last year and they mined 6 wins out, and that's ignoring both sides of the ball were missing their best players.

Alex Smith ranks #7 on that list. Christian Ponder ranks #17. Sam Bradford is #21. If you melted them down and combined them to form an android QB, you'd still take Flacco over that android, and I don't think Flacco is that great.

I fully understand how bad Sanchez has hurt everyone else on the roster--offensively and defensively. However, I don't think any part of this roster is just so much improved by JAG QB TO BE NAMED that they're ready to compete at a high level. Your OLBs are cut. Landry and Revis are probably gone. Holmes is a gimp. Shonn Greene is meh. David Garrard fixes none of this. I understand your view that if the QB simply doesn't turn it over, the team improves. I just think you're nuts if you think that a net-zero QB takes a rebu--er--transitional roster and makes it a contender.

Alex Smith ranks #7 on that list. Christian Ponder ranks #17. Sam Bradford is #21. If you melted them down and combined them to form an android QB, you'd still take Flacco over that android, and I don't think Flacco is that great. 

Yet in your head the Jets need super special magic QB play to win a Super Bowl. Makes sense. T0mShane ladies and gents.

Yet in your head the Jets need super special magic QB play to win a Super Bowl. Makes sense. T0mShane ladies and gents.

Flacco's QB rating through the playoffs this year was ~118.2. So, yeah, I'm saying you need a pretty high-level QB. I know. It's crazy.

Flacco's QB rating through the playoffs this year was ~118.2. So, yeah, I'm saying you need a pretty high-level QB. I know. It's crazy.

So which is it - Flacco isn't that great or he's a high level QB? Looks to me like they got well timed, high quality play out of a mediocre QB for a few isolated games. It's not crazy to think you can get that for 4 games if you can scratch out mediocre for 16.

Yyyyyep

Revis Cro Woodson Landry would be the ultimate super unit for a year. Draft a stud pass rusher and replace Sanchez with like, somebody good and it'd be an almost "look out" moment

Until hear I was getting ready to high five myself.  I got here and decided to punch myself in the balls instead. Thanx.

Archived