Welcome to Gang Green - Mike Goodson

NJ

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodson returns kicks too. Doubt he makes the team.

I don't know how bad the Raiders and Carolina are at returns, but Goodson has not been anywhere near as successful as a kick returner.  I'm not in favor of leaving 7 yards on the field every kick off.  Competition is good. Let them knock each other out.  I'm pretty sure one of those two will get dinged up anyway.

He averaged 6.3 a carry last year. One out of every ten runs went for 20+ yards. He caught every one of sixteen targets and averaged 12 yards a catch,including one that went for 64 yards. On what evidence are you saying he sucks? The old eyeball test? He's ten times the player Bilal Powell is.

He's garbage.  When McFadden went down they started a ******* FB over him.  YPC is a ridiculously overrated stat, especially when you're talking about a guy who carried the ball a whopping 35 times.  So he can catch out the backfield.  Sweet.  Too bad we have a QB who cant even throw to a RB. 

Powell is so much better its not even funny.  

He's garbage.  When McFadden went down they started a ******* FB over him.  YPC is a ridiculously overrated stat, especially when you're talking about a guy who carried the ball a whopping 35 times.  So he can catch out the backfield.  Sweet.  Too bad we have a QB who cant even throw to a RB. 

Umm. They went down in the same game. Second quarter McFadden, third quarter Goodson. He missed the rest of the season. I know, I was paying attention. Do you always fabricate things to support your arguments?

Umm. They went down in the same game. Second quarter McFadden, third quarter Goodson. He missed the rest of the season. I know, I was paying attention.

His stats say he played 12 games.  So what happened in those games?  They chose to hand the ball off to a FB over him.  

4 years in the league and a 3rd option every where he's been.  

Ohhhh I'm so excited. 

1. Continually post hyperbolic drivel about not judging the roster until it's completed

2. Complain that player signed via free agency is garbage

3. Repeat

Barnes and Goodson sound like good bets to sign today. Good depth signings. Young, athletic, cheap.

Also being floated that Bradway is trailing Geno Smith around. If Buffalo decides to wait and grab Nassib, he should be there at 9.

I can only pray that the Ills draft Nassib. That will set them back another 5 years. lol And you wonder why they haven't made the playoffs THIS CENTURY.  lol

His stats say he played 12 games.  So what happened in those games?  They chose to hand the ball off to a FB over him.  

4 years in the league and a 3rd option every where he's been.  

Ohhhh I'm so excited. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. Let me explain why:

He got hurt against Tampa Bay in week 9, so technically he played that game. He missed the next five games with a high ankle sprain. Came back in week 15 against KC and ran 13 times for 89 yards coming off said high ankle sprain. Your fullback that he was supposed to be playing behind got exactly zero carries. McFadden came back from his own high ankle sprain in week 16 and had 17 carries to Goodson's 4, Reece (the fullback you mentioned that he couldn't play ahead of)  didn't carry the ball. In week 17 McFadden got 19 carries, Goodson got 1. The fullback got zero.

Now it's your turn to spin this somehow to make it look like you knew what you were talking about all along.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Let me explain why:

He got hurt against Tampa Bay in week 9, so technically he played that game. He missed the next five games with a high ankle sprain. Came back in week 15 against KC and ran 13 times for 89 yards coming off said high ankle sprain. Your fullback that he was supposed to be playing behind got exactly zero carries. McFadden came back from his own high ankle sprain in week 16 and had 17 carries to Goodson's 4, Reece (the fullback you mentioned that he couldn't play ahead of)  didn't carry the ball. In week 17 McFadden got 19 carries, Goodson got 1. The fullback got zero.

Now it's your turn to spin this somehow to make it look like you knew what you were talking about all along.

Pwned me bro.  Goodson's a stud.  He's going to set the league on fire.

Go Jets!

Just checked, Powell, and McKnight combined salary is $1,185,000  Goodson’s salary is $2,300,000.

That looks to me, in this tight cap situation, the Jets are planning on starting this guy in the WCO. 

It also cuts back on the possible chance of the Jets taking a RB in the first half of the draft.

I’m surprised

Just checked, Powell, and McKnight combined salary is $1,185,000  Goodson’s salary is $2,300,000.

That looks to me, in this tight cap situation, the Jets are planning on starting this guy in the WCO. 

It also cuts back on the possible chance of the Jets taking a RB in the first half of the draft.

I’m surprised

Pretty stupid if you ask me...but I'm a douche.  

Threatening 0-16 type panic. 

LOL. Again, have the faith. Rex Ryan can coach up a bag of balls into a frenzied, fighting machine.

I am a little amazed that your acumen did not tell you that this was going to be happening 60 days ago. Jet veterans will be waling/cut and replaced by placeholders and potentials. This is interim Plan A.

Did you not see this coming?

LOL. Again, have the faith. Rex Ryan can coach up a bag of balls into a frenzied, fighting machine.

I am a little amazed that your acumen did not tell you that this was going to be happening 60 days ago. Jet veterans will be waling/cut and replaced by placeholders and potentials. This is interim Plan A.

Did you not see this coming?

Ofcourse I did....does that mean I cant disagree with the particular signing of a player? 

Archived