Geno Smith calls Sanchez a pretty good player

Pac

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez sucks: True

The Jets did an awful job developing Sanchez: also true.

In a nutshell thats what Ive been saying all along but as soon as I even slightly favor Sanchez the Haters jump me and start this ridiculous nonsense you see in this thread neg repping me for no apparent reason other than to get a laugh. I would have stoped posting on the subject long ago but Im not the one overexaggerating points not by a long shot.

Integrity I dont care what Slats said :tongue: I know and you know this will be history and forgotten soon enough and I never was offended by you in the least as Im sure you were not offended by me. Its the mafia in us after all :)

In a nutshell thats what Ive been saying all along but as soon as I even slightly favor Sanchez the Haters jump me and start this ridiculous nonsense you see in this thread neg repping me for no apparent reason other than to get a laugh. I would have stoped posting on the subject long ago but Im not the one overexaggerating points not by a long shot.

Integrity I dont care what Slats said :tongue: I know and you know this will be history and forgotten soon enough and I never was offensed by you in the least as Im sure you were not offended by me. Its the mafia in us after all :)

Unreal. No, it's not what you've been saying all along... it's part of what you said, but in order to back up those points that Tomshane is making (which I agree with) you said the Jets didn't build around Sanchez and used that to imply they won't build around Geno either (which I do not agree with). That is the ONLY aspect of what you've said that I've argued about.

The idea that the Jets didn't build around Sanchez or give him weapons. That is why Keller came up, Cotchery, Braylon, etc., the running game came up, the O-line, all weapons... all with varying degrees of value. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to build around him. Looking back in hindsight and saying "they didn't try because all those guys ended up sucking" is stupid. At the time the thought was surround Mark with proven veterans and high draft picks. 

The GM didn't do a good job with Mark or the guys he surrounded him with, that doesn't mean they didn't try. You are wrong.

It's got nothing to do with Sanchez-hating, and you are getting neg repped because you are being your typical unreasonable, illogical, bullheaded self... and because your points are being proven wrong, and instead of just admitting it you are employing some BS spin to try to save face. That'll get you neg reps... that you deserve.

The only aspect in which the Jets truly failed in Sanchez's "development" was how they handled the insecure girl that sits between his ears. He's physically capable of playing the game. He obviously doesn't have the guts or brains for it though, it's conceivable they could have put better coaching and mentors around him than they did. 

That said, sometimes you can't coach the pussy out of a pussy.

Also... the weapons don't typically make the QB, the QB makes them. Case in point... The Redskins signed an underachieving Pierre Garcon last year, and drafted a 6th round RB. Hardly what I'd call obvious weapons for a QB. 

RG3 made those guys look better than they are. 

Morris had lanes all day because of RG3's threat to run. RG3 made Garcon look better than Manning did. 

Get the right QB, and the weapons will emerge from the unlikeliest of places. 

Teams ALWAYS try to build around their QB. To say otherwise is dense.

You either find a QB or you don't. More often than not, the sink or swim variable with QBs is between their ears. You offer a nice narrative about how it's everyone else's fault, but in reality all you have to do is watch Sanchez play to see he doesn't have the mental makeup to play at a high level. He looks unsure, confused and scared. ALL THE TIME.

Oh man i missed all the sh*tting on Pac. That sux.

Once these 2 boners started trying to one up each other with dueling novellas I bailed..  I'd rather get to the point and go for a knockout.  These 2 dancing bears prefer to do the waltz for a week.  I gotta stick and move while at work.

Also... the weapons don't typically make the QB, the QB makes them. Case in point... The Redskins signed an underachieving Pierre Garcon last year, and drafted a 6th round RB. Hardly what I'd call obvious weapons for a QB. 

Morris had lanes all day because of RG3's threat to run. RG3 made Garcon look better than Manning did. 

Get the right QB, and the weapons will emerge from the unlikeliest of places. 

You either find a QB or you don't. More often than not, the sink or swim variable with QBs is between their ears. You offer a nice narrative about how it's everyone else's fault, but in reality all you have to do is watch Sanchez play to see he doesn't have the mental makeup to play at a high level. He looks unsure, confused and scared. ALL THE TIME.

just have to LOL at you ...do you even read the crap that spontaniously sh*ts from your mouth ?

just have to LOL at you ...do you even read the crap that spontaniously sh*ts from your mouth ?

No, you never troll... congratulations, you've managed to make me lose even more respect for you.

Once these 2 boners started trying to one up each other with dueling novellas I bailed..  I'd rather get to the point and go for a knockout.  These 2 dancing bears prefer to do the waltz for a week.  I gotta stick and move while at work.

1-pump chump.

Get the right QB, and the weapons will emerge from the unlikeliest of places.You either find a QB or you don't. More often than not, the sink or swim variable with QBs is between their ears. You offer a nice narrative about how it's everyone else's fault, but in reality all you have to do is watch Sanchez play to see he doesn't have the mental makeup to play at a high level. He looks unsure, confused and scared. ALL THE TIME.

No, you never troll... congratulations, you've managed to make me lose even more respect for you.

Sorry but Im not trolling here brotha

"Morris had lanes all day because of RG3's threat to run. RG3 made Garcon look better than Manning did."   Hilarious really hilarious

"Teams ALWAYS try to build around their QB. To say otherwise is dense." Of course they do, but The Jets Under Herm, Mangini and Rex had no idea what so ever on how to do it. NONE. Hopefully Idzik will get it right hes off to a good start with Ivory and Goodson who will certainlt get some respect when in the game. I also like the Fact he drafted some OL and brought a few more FA in here that actully might stick. Unlike Tanny who was talking as if Hunter and Ducasse were just dandy.

Sorry but Im not trolling here brotha

"Morris had lanes all day because of RG3's threat to run. RG3 made Garcon look better than Manning did."   Hilarious really hilarious

"Teams ALWAYS try to build around their QB. To say otherwise is dense." Of course they do, but The Jets Under Herm, Mangini and Rex had no idea what so ever on how to do it. NONE. Hopefully Idzik will get it right hes off to a good start with Ivory and Goodson who will certainlt get some respect when in the game. I also like the Fact he drafted some OL and brought a few more FA in here that actully might stick. Unlike Tanny who was talking as if Hunter and Ducasse were just dandy.

You are pathetic.

RG3 made that whole offense work. He made a player that was mediocre with Manning, and a 6th round RB look better than they did BEFORE they were in an offense with RG3. THAT is what franchise QBs do for you. They make UDFAs like Rod Smith, and slow white guys like Ed McCaffrey look like studs. They make dirtbags like Deion Branch and David Givens looks like Beasts.

Not the other way around.

As to the bold.... YOU said the Jets didn't build around Sanchez, and you are now saying "of course they do"? But then implying they didn't again now. LOL what a hot mess... It's NOT about "how to do it" it's about the FACT that they've not built around good QBs, so no matter who you put around them, you will have underwhelming, unrealized potential. We had ONE QB since Vinny that was a legit franchise caliber QB. It was Favre. He made everyone around him better. He's done that wherever he's played.

Your whole line of "Jets don't know how to build around a franchise QB" is sh*t. Complete and utter sh*t. Sanchez was surrounded by proven veterans and top draft picks and they all under-performed. The problem is building around a sh*t QB.

I like how now you are talking about the OL and run game as part of "building" around the QB... since earlier in the argument, I pointed to the OL and run game the Jets put around Sanchez and you ignored those "weapons".

You are some piece of work.

You are pathetic.

RG3 made that whole offense work. He made a player that was mediocre with Manning, and a 6th round RB look better than they did BEFORE they were in an offense with RG3. THAT is what franchise QBs do for you. They make UDFAs like Rod Smith, and slow white guys like Ed McCaffrey look like studs. They make dirtbags like Deion Branch and David Givens looks like Beasts.

Not the other way around.

As to the bold.... YOU said the Jets didn't build around Sanchez, and you are now saying "of course they do"? But then implying they didn't again now. LOL what a hot mess... It's NOT about "how to do it" it's about the FACT that they've not built around good QBs, so no matter who you put around them, you will have underwhelming, unrealized potential. We had ONE QB since Vinny that was a legit franchise caliber QB. It was Favre. He made everyone around him better. He's done that wherever he's played.

Your whole line of "Jets don't know how to build around a franchise QB" is sh*t. Complete and utter sh*t. Sanchez was surrounded by proven veterans and top draft picks and they all under-performed. The problem is building around a sh*t QB.

I like how now you are talking about the OL and run game as part of "building" around the QB... since earlier in the argument, I pointed to the OL and run game the Jets put around Sanchez and you ignored those "weapons".

You are some piece of work.

Once again you are wrong monkey brains .... The Jets did a poor job of building around the QB and have been for years I never said they didnt try they just failed in a big time way.

Baltimore Ravens are the PERFECT example on how you build around a QB when close to a SB. Very similar situations (Jets and Ravens)  except Ozzie went out and got real players to put the team over the hump while the Jets felt it was fine to go into year 3 with a terrible OL, a real pack of Idiots at WR and no one who could catch the ball out of the backfield. The Jets also felt it to be a good idea not to replace valuable role players like Turner, Hartsock, and T-Rich along with Woody and Fabeca who were very good in the running game.  Just compare the 2 situations and look at how Ozzie Handled it as opposed to Tanny and Rex. As a matter of fact when the Jets were hurting for OL in year 3 under Tanny Rex Ozzie went out and grabbed 2 OL in the mini draft that started and played well for him The Jets brought in reject practice squad players that never did anything but almost get our QB killed vs the Ravens in game 1 that season.

So to recap, this is an 8-page (and counting) argument over exactly how much Sanchez sucks?  I guess you have to give some sort of credit to Smash, that has to qualify as progress for him.

On a related note, the love for Sanchez keeps on flowing in, as he comes in dead last on these ranking of NFL QBs, despite it even including a few backups:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200131/article/ranking-the-nfl-quarterbacks

So to recap, this is an 8-page (and counting) argument over exactly how much Sanchez sucks?  I guess you have to give some sort of credit to Smash, that has to qualify as progress for him.

On a related note, the love for Sanchez keeps on flowing in, as he comes in dead last on these ranking of NFL QBs, despite it even including a few backups:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200131/article/ranking-the-nfl-quarterbacks

You know how sometimes people say "I stopped reading your posts" but are just kidding...  I'm not kidding.  I stopped reading their posts somewhere on page 3 or 4.  God only knows what they're going on about.  They're the only 2 that make me want to see a BG V Pedro55 debate.

You know how sometimes people say "I stopped reading your posts" but are just kidding...  I'm not kidding.  I stopped reading their posts somewhere on page 3 or 4.  God only knows what they're going on about.  They're the only 2 that make me want to see a BG V Pedro55 debate.

this debate has degraded into the usual APE claiming I said something I never said. Then claiming I never brought up the Offensive line until he did in this thread when Ive obviously been complaining about our offensive line situation for about 3 years now.

this debate has degraded into the usual APE claiming I said something I never said. Then claiming I never brought up the Offensive line until he did in this thread when Ive obviously been complaining about our offensive line situation for about 3 years now.

If it means anything I had you win via TKO on Tuesday.

Once again you are wrong monkey brains .... The Jets did a poor job of building around the QB and have been for years I never said they didnt try they just failed in a big time way.

Baltimore Ravens are the PERFECT example on how you build around a QB when close to a SB. Very similar situations (Jets and Ravens)  except Ozzie went out and got real players to put the team over the hump while the Jets felt it was fine to go into year 3 with a terrible OL, a real pack of Idiots at WR and no one who could catch the ball out of the backfield. The Jets also felt it to be a good idea not to replace valuable role players like Turner, Hartsock, and T-Rich along with Woody and Fabeca who were very good in the running game.  Just compare the 2 situations and look at how Ozzie Handled it as opposed to Tanny and Rex. As a matter of fact when the Jets were hurting for OL in year 3 under Tanny Rex Ozzie went out and grabbed 2 OL in the mini draft that started and played well for him The Jets brought in reject practice squad players that never did anything but almost get our QB killed vs the Ravens in game 1 that season.

More semantics. You're an idiot.

The Ravens are a perfect example? The Ravens offense was mired in inconsistency for a couple of seasons, until Flacco took the next step. They had the same ******* players around him from one year to the next, then Flacco played better, and everyone else got better. Then they paid Flacco like a franchise QB.

Not because they built around his the 'right' way, but because Flacco matriculated from prospect to stud. It's between his ears and in his chest. Sanchez, not so much of either.

You have absolutely no clue wtf you are talking about.

What the **** kind of ******* sh*t brained assholery is this? Now you are pointing to things you may or may not have said for the past 3 years to support your bullsh*t? In this thread, in this debate, you said there was no build around Sanchez and I pointed to the O-line. You blew it off.

You are so ******* delusional it's unreal.

I ******* hate you.

If it means anything I had you win via TKO on Tuesday.

This is a work of art.

Provide Smash false-confidence that he's in the right, because he's delusional as **** and will take any bit of positive reinforcement as incentive to carry on for another 20 pages, and jab at me for losing an argument I'm clearly not losing.

I applaud you.

What the **** kind of ******* sh*t brained assholery is this? Now you are pointing to things you may or may not have said for the past 3 years to support your bullsh*t? In this thread, in this debate, you said there was no build around Sanchez and I pointed to the O-line. You blew it off.

You are so ******* delusional it's unreal.

I ******* hate you.

Smash just moved into my #1 favorite poster position.

Smash just moved into my #1 favorite poster position.

Probably my favorite human ever.

Just so that we are clear, that was purely done for the entertainment value. I'm spent on trying to actually get through to him, I figured over-the-top rage would suffice in terms of levity.

I'd also like to kill him with my bear hands... then open his gullet, pull out his colon and use it to choke both of you out.

No, yeah. Smashmouth is a god.

What makes it great is first he destroyed the Ape with facts, then launched a series of psychological attacks that has resulted in the Ape going full emo.

What makes it great is first he destroyed the Ape with facts, then launched a series of psychological attacks that has resulted in the Ape going full emo.

You could really see Smash setting it all up early on. I'm surprised Ape walked right into it. Rookie stuff.

You could really see Smash setting it all up early on. I'm surprised Ape walked right into it. Rookie stuff.

LOL, you guys are hacks.

Pac, I expect more from you... "full emo" Mexi please!!! 

Just so that we are clear, that was purely done for the entertainment value. I'm spent on trying to actually get through to him, I figured over-the-top rage would suffice in terms of levity.

I'd also like to kill him with my bear hands... then open his gullet, pull out his colon and use it to choke both of you out.

you have bear hands ? ******* scarey ape you are

Why am I having fantasies about Smash, Ape, and a table saw?

I would never use power tools on Smash. He's my friend, and it should be clear we play along with each others idiocy quite well... also, power tools are too quick, would prefer dull, rusty, old farm equipment.

Archived