Mehta goes full troll: Jets Fans Show No Class in Booing Sanchez

T0mShane

So just to recap, the following individuals can all feel free to go **** themselves:

Manish Mehta

Mark Sanchez

Chad Pennington

All three of them (be it previously, presently, or both) suck(ed) ass at their respective Jets-related jobs.  That, and only that, is the reason why plenty of Jets fans are/were more than happy with the idea of them losing those respective jobs.  Any other nonsensical pandering beyond that is simply a desperate attempt to make people feel bad for someone who gets paid far too much of our money to be far too awful at what they do.  They want Jets fans on their sides?  Fine, then stop sucking ass!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly didn't look like one of those pump once, pump twice, pump three times, "oh **** it" throw-it-anyway type of throws.  Those are the ones that piss me off.  If you're going to throw in INT, I'd rather it be done while taking a shot deep to get a TD as opposed to throwing it to a DL...twice in one game.  Not throwing any is ideal, but also not realistic.

Video recap of the Scrimmage. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Jets-Green--White-Scrimmage-Recap/e6a28001-1198-4a44-ab83-af912236c8e5

At 2:26, you see Mark's only interception.  It was an overthrown pass.  Clearly Cromartie has a 2-stride lead on Hazelton when the catch is made.

But it's hard to see if Cro had the step on him from the get-go, if he made up for lost ground once the ball was in the air, or if there was any tussling mid-play.   Either way, Landry is late getting over, it was thrown to where his guy has a chance, and it wasn't a 5-yard interception by a D-lineman.

#progress 

It certainly didn't look like one of those pump once, pump twice, pump three times, "oh **** it" throw-it-anyway type of throws. Those are the ones that piss me off. If you're going to throw in INT, I'd rather it be done while taking a shot deep to get a TD as opposed to throwing it to a DL...twice in one game. Not throwing any is ideal, but also not realistic.

The play immediately preceding it was McElroy's long TD down the right sideline to Hazelton. Mark had pre-determined that he was going to try Hazelton down the left sideline, regardless of the coverage. It was a clusterf*ck from inception to execution.

Mehta is writing a piece in defense of Sanchez because all the players privately agree they don't like fans booing at players since they could be next or because they genuinely like Mark.

This paints Mehta out as the "good guy" reporter who has their back, and he'll get more of them to talk to him.

It's as simple as that.  

Manish, I have some news for you. Jets fans neither WANT nor deserve Mark Sanchez. I want a QB that will win some games, not be a liability. I want a QB that will be a leader, not point to the comments of an ignorant CB who just happens to be in his corner on this topic. Sanchez knows he is done in NY and the pressure is getting to him. Wait until he plays in MetLife...oh the boos will cascade, especially if he throws a pick to Revis.

when someone accuses you of not being classy and your response is FUCCCCC YOUUUUU!

they might have a point.

When someone accuses you of being nuts for continuing to slurp DRob because of some esoteric workout numbers and your response is "Vernon Gholston is great"

they might have a point.

As a fan of a different team, I dont see Jets fans as classless after Sanchez kept his starting job while playing like dog zhit every week.

The buttfumble game is a perfect example. Sanchez should have been benched at halftime after that display.

After that performance, in some sports, they'd have taken him behind a barn and done the merciful thing.

We're boo'ing Sanchez because of his last 32 games and because he's the buttfumble guy, NOT because he's still throwing rookie-type  INT's in a green & white scrimmage game.  Cromartie doesn't want us there because we are expressing our displeasure as fans who support the team?  Ok, then simply just don't go to any games that Sanchez is the starter just like Cro said.........I bet Sanchez is benched shortly after. 

Nothing new here. When the QB sucks they get booed and everyone wants the new guy to start.

Its a paying fans right and nobody should feel bad about it.

Wanna bet Snachez will not be able to take the heat when the fans at  Metlife gets their vocal chords revved up?

Makes me nostalgic thinking about the Richard Todd / Matt Robinson days.

I happen to be a big Cro fan, but I think he misses the point.  At least some of those booing were booing the team for still having Sanchez on the roster, for still having to run a great risk of having him be the starter.  THAT is what my concern is.

I don't have much against Sanchez personally.  he has a contract.  He is showing up and the team is paying him.  He may not be earning his pay, but that does not make him unique, in the NFL or elsewhere. 

And of course some booing may simply want him to perform better.  But I think most who express their displeasure are really unhappy with the team more than Sanchez himself.  Couldn't they have gotten someone in by now who would have been a clear upgrade?  That the answer so far seems to be the team did not, and might have been able to if they had properly tried, that might be the main reason for hte booing. That and a general sense of frustration over the situation.

Archived