So how long before this is spun into Colon calls Sanchez a Pu$$y?

Lupz27

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23366525/jets-ol-willie-colon-i-wish-mark-sanchez-had-a-little-more-bite

Jets OL Willie Colon: I wish Mark Sanchez had a little more bite
By John Breech | CBSSports.com

August 28, 2013 4:07 pm ET

tumblr_ms9btzW32T1rge74zo1_500.jpgWillie Colon wishes that Mark Sanchez would be more abrasive with the media. (USATSI)

The media loves to take shots at Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. If you need proof, just Google 'butt-fumble' and you'll get 714,000 results and those results include links to pretty much every sports website on the internet.

Sanchez -- and the Jets -- have been an easy target for the media, something guard Willie Colon would like to see change. Colon wants to see his quarterback be more abrasive.

"I wish he had a little more bite," Colon said, via the New York Daily News. "I wish he had a little more dog in him. Because I feel like he's battle-tested. I feel like he's strong enough. I wish sometimes he'd say, 'F--- the media' or 'F--- that.'"

After six seasons in Pittsburgh, 2013 will mark Colon's first year in New York and it sounds like he has a solid understanding of how relentless the media can be in the Big Apple. "Being in the New York media is tough," Colon said. "Every day, you get ridiculed. I mean, the kid was getting yelled at because he had a headband on."

Colon isn't kidding, Sanchez's headband created a media firestorm in May and it even has its own Twitter page.

Although Colon wants to see his quarterback bite back, he respects that Sanchez doesn't, "Sometimes I respect when a guy fights back," Colon said. "I know I would say: 'Kiss my ass.' Mark knows he's going to play the good soldier role. That's how he wants to go about it. All I can do is respect it."

Sanchez will probably a hot topic of conversation until the Jets season kicks off on Sept. 8. The fifth-year quarterback suffered a shoulder injury in the Jets preseason game isn't expected to practice this week, according to the NYDN

if you read the Daily News' slant on Colon's comments, it sounds awful lot like an endorsement. 

“Yes, people were sick of maybe his bad plays at times,” offensive lineman Willie Colon told the Daily News. “But at the same time, they got to be proud of a kid that comes out here every day, puts his chin up to the ceiling and fights. You’d rather see that than a guy that blames the next guy or blames it on the fact that he had three offensive coordinators (in three years). He’s never talked about that. He’s always come out here and fought and been passionate about his job. . . . Whatever bad that has happened, he’s taken it on the chin and moved on.”

mets-detroit.jpg MARK BONIFACIO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Rex Ryan, who will have final say on his Week 1 starting quarterback, has an easy decision to make if Mark Sanchez is 100 percent.

“I want a guy like that,” Colon added. “I don’t want a guy to hide or say ‘Oh, that’s not my fault’ or ‘This guy ran the wrong route.’ He’s never done that. That speaks volumes. And I’m proud of him. The kid works hard. So I got his back.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-healthy-sanchez-start-jets-week-1-article-1.1438793

Colon wants Sanchez to tell the media to GTFO. I wish they all would.

Truth.  They ruin Football.  Its like the WWF now.

I appreciate the way Sanchez handles himself with the media.  I'm sure its not easy.  I dont appreciate his whinny little bitch face he makes after bad plays, which is all the time.  Instead of telling the media to GTFO, it would be cool if he'd just shut them up by not sucking. 

Shorter Colon: I've never played in a game with Mark Sanchez, but I think he's swell and everyone should back off because they're mean.

Right.  Just wait until he's blocking some 300lbs+ defensive lineman and all of a sudden he feels a helmet trying to penetrate his bung hole. 

Right. Just wait until he's blocking some 300lbs+ defensive lineman and all of a sudden he feels a helmet trying to penetrate his bung hole.

Exactly. Let's interview Willie Colon after he battles Vince Wilfork for three hours only to have his girl quarterback throws three picks while adjusting his fashion headband.

Exactly. Let's interview Willie Colon after he battles Vince Wilfork for three hours only to have his girl quarterback throws three picks while adjusting his fashion headband.

You took JIF's gay, and you somehow found a way to make it gayer.

The two of you are disgusting.

All this aside, honestly, the one thing that I have been pleasantly surprised about this offseason is the play of the Jets OL. They're not the bet in the league but in my opinion they have played better than everyone said they would, IMO. It's not heir fault that Sanchez sits in the pocket totally dumbfounded or 4 to 5 seconds before throwing a dump pass, or a pic, and missing wide open receivers.

Archived