Chad Pennington > Geno Smith

JoeC36

What the hell is this? Yes, Pennington was a smart QB who could move the team downfield and throw short- to mid-range darts. However, he couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards, was made of glass and was helped out a lot during his career by Curtis Martin.

Jury's still out on Geno Smith. I am wondering if he has arm strength issues since his INTs so far have been caused by him underthrowing his receivers. If he keeps making those rookie hiccups than something is wrong.

That said, anyone is better than Sanchez.

What the hell is this? Yes, Pennington was a smart QB who could move the team downfield and throw short- to mid-range darts. However, he couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards, was made of glass and was helped out a lot during his career by Curtis Martin.

Jury's still out on Geno Smith. I am wondering if he has arm strength issues since his INTs so far have been caused by him underthrowing his receivers. If he keeps making those rookie hiccups than something is wrong.

Smith has a very live arm.   His problem is accuracy, holding the ball forever, not seeing open receivers, and making bad decisions.   Same kind of problems as Sanchez

what are you talking about?  Geno has played two games, hasn't he?  

With Chad.. you would of thought Hernandez broke out of jail and slaughtered our Wide out's... Chad's rainbow throw's were pivotal in getting our WR's head's knocked off.  

Probably not the best thread for this argument.  

(Geno had one player concussed, and another get his lip bitten through by throwing in high traffic...Pretty sure, he's also the one who threw it to John Griffin just before he broke his leg).  

That doesn't mean he isn't the best since Namath. It just speaks to the sh*tty history this team has had with quarterbacks.

Chad was terrible, worst QB i've seen in the history of football, a complete chicken sh*t who didn't even try and make a play

Probably not the best thread for this argument.  

(Geno had one player concussed, and another get his lip bitten through by throwing in high traffic...Pretty sure, he's also the one who threw it to John Griffin just before he broke his leg).  

No body was arguing Geno didn't have the same qualities. I was just making fun of Chad.

No body was arguing Geno didn't have the same qualities. I was just making fun of Chad.

I was being serious.  I could care less about a rookie throwing picks, or holding the ball too long. 

One of my biggest gripes with Geno is that he is getting our guys killed.  A good QB doesn't hang his boys out to dry the way Geno has been.  

Archived