Ryan will sacrifice yet another season

DonCorleone

Actually it is worse, much worse.

To be expected, the guy who was blowing Sanchez, made excuses for Sanchez, and was gay for Sanchez is hating on the rookie qb. Maybe, you forgot that 2009 season, but Sanchez had a stacked ass team. Teams played to stop the run, and Sanchez had an amazing offensive line. Now let us look at Geno's team, the offensive line is inconsistent as all hell, his receivers are inconsistent and the team is expecting him to lead the team to victory by making him pass a sh*t ton. Geno got dealt a sh*tty hand by the Jets, but he already shows promise that Sanchez has never shown. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you must be new to football. Ryan and tannenbaum also moved up to draft sanchez. You have no idea how good Simms is and neither does Ryan. He obviously knows nothing about qbs. Hopefully we get a real coach next year...one who understands the most important position on the field. The knock on smith was the interception. That will follow him around as long as he plays

Nobody moved up to get Geno.   But go ahead your on a roll. 

To be expected, the guy who was blowing Sanchez, made excuses for Sanchez, and was gay for Sanchez is hating on the rookie qb. Maybe, you forgot that 2009 season, but Sanchez had a stacked ass team. Teams played to stop the run, and Sanchez had an amazing offensive line. Now let us look at Geno's team, the offensive line is inconsistent as all hell, his receivers are inconsistent and the team is expecting him to lead the team to victory by making him pass a sh*t ton. Geno got dealt a sh*tty hand by the Jets, but he already shows promise that Sanchez has never shown. 

Stacked ass team ? So stacked they were trading mid season for WR's and Chauncy Stuckey and Cotchery were our starters going into the season. And FWIW the Jets never had a line that protected the QB well the past 4 or 5 years ...

A good percentage of what happened yesterday was due to horrible offensive line play. We ran the ball effectively from the start and should have continued pounding the ball forcing Tennessee's hand ...then use play action ...we didn't do it. Oh well same old crap

Geno is in the same position Sanchez was in and he's got other issues besides making rookie mistakes.Keep in mind the Jets played a solid defense in Tennessee it WAS NOT the Buffalo Bills with the bare minimum decimated secondary we faced last week. If you noticed Tennessee was all over our crappy WR's so in that respect Geno is facing the same crap he's going to face most of the year

Also explain to me the promise Geno has shown that Sanchez did not show . Geno has major mechanic's issues and they are very difficult to fix.... bad footwork still throwing off back foot also same bad issue not protecting the football. Coming into the NFL a QB should have his mechanic issues in place the major factor is learning the game and the speed of the game also how to read much more elaborate defenses with speed at every position. I can deal with Rookie mistakes but the mechanics are going to hurt Genos development and they may be too much to overcome.  If you think because you see Geno throw a nice ball and occasionally display a very strong arm that' that's going to make him a good QB with Promise then your going to be in for a rude awakening.

get ready to use another early pick next year on a QB

Gay for Sanchez ? Grow up man

Stacked ass team ? So stacked they were trading mid season for WR's and Chauncy Stuckey and Cotchery were our starters going into the season. And FWIW the Jets never had a line that protected the QB well the past 4 or 5 years ...

A good percentage of what happened yesterday was due to horrible offensive line play. We ran the ball effectively from the start and should have continued pounding the ball forcing Tennessee's hand ...then use play action ...we didn't do it. Oh well same old crap

Geno is in the same position Sanchez was in and he's got other issues besides making rookie mistakes.Keep in mind the Jets played a solid defense in Tennessee it WAS NOT the Buffalo Bills with the bare minimum decimated secondary we faced last week. If you noticed Tennessee was all over our crappy WR's so in that respect Geno is facing the same crap he's going to face most of the year

Also explain to me the promise Geno has shown that Sanchez did not show . Geno has major mechanic's issues and they are very difficult to fix.... bad footwork still throwing off back foot also same bad issue not protecting the football. Coming into the NFL a QB should have his mechanic issues in place the major factor is learning the game and the speed of the game also how to read much more elaborate defenses with speed at every position. I can deal with Rookie mistakes but the mechanics are going to hurt Genos development and they may be too much to overcome.  If you think because you see Geno throw a nice ball and occasionally display a very strong arm that' that's going to make him a good QB with Promise then your going to be in for a rude awakening.

get ready to use another early pick next year on a QB

Gay for Sanchez ? Grow up man

I agree with you. Evey QB can make a nice throw once in a great while. But Geno may have way too many problems to fix.

I agree with you. Evey QB can make a nice throw once in a great while. But Geno may have way too many problems to fix.

Yep like I said in my post a few weeks ago. Geno has major mechanics issues and those are not easy to fix. Its very rare you see a QB with those type issues fix them quickly if at all. Under pressure most will revert back to what they have done all their lives. Watch College tape of the guy and he consistently throws off his back foot ...of course you can get away with that when your WR's are open by 2 or 3 yards in college against guys who have no closing speed ...Different story in the NFL.

Yep like I said in my post a few weeks ago. Geno has major mechanics issues and those are not easy to fix. Its very rare you see a QB with those type issues fix them quickly if at all. Under pressure most will revert back to what they have done all their lives. Watch College tape of the guy and he consistently throws off his back foot ...of course you can get away with that when your WR's are open by 2 or 3 yards in college against guys who have no closing speed ...Different story in the NFL.

Watching the college games this week, I couldnt understand for the life of me how every game there's WR's running wide open. The Georgia game and the FSU game...no defense. Its almost impossible to accurately judge college QB's these days.

Watching the college games this week, I couldnt understand for the life of me how every game there's WR's running wide open. The Georgia game and the FSU game...no defense. Its almost impossible to accurately judge college QB's these days.

Its got to be all about mechanics at the college level. You can teach the mental aspect of the pro game, some get it, some don't. But trying to teach mechanics as well is very difficult.

Ever wonder why the QB's who light it up in college sometimes don't even get drafted ? Not to compare but its exactly why Tim Tebow is out of football sure his mechanics are much worse than Genos but he is proof its not an easy fix by any stretch.

You don't let Simms play the 4th, because they organization has zero intent of ever starting him and by doing so, you don't see how Geno reacts to getting smacked in the mouth and you open yourself up for the constant questions of what happens.  You don't think there'd be an endless circus surrounding the team if Simms went 5-7 with 80 yards in garbage time while they play prevent or something? The bottom line is that with an early lead, gregg williams and that defense absolutely threw the sink at Geno and causes some serious issues, they do that to veteran QBs.  Geno had a terrible day, I'll be the first to admit it, but more importantly will be how he bounces back in the ATL and how he responds from there.  If he continues with this amount of turnovers, which results in Jets' losses for another half dozen games without signs of improvement, then you can think about turning to Simms.  You don't turn to Simms until you're ready to write Geno off.

I disagree. And didn't we benched Millner in the 2nd half with no intent of writing him off? And looked what happened, we saw that Darrin Walls in pretty good at corner.   Letting Geno sit for a quarter to reflect on his horrible day and maybe learn something on the sideline is what Rex should have done.  Also, at the same time we can watch to see if Simms preseason performance would remain on the same level in regular season.  It would of been a win/win.  

Please. Smith looked like sh*t but Sanchez has had worse games than this.  The idea that this is MUCH worse than Sanchez's worst is even more ludicrous.

When the Jets defense holds the other team to 13 points in regulation, and our RBs rush for 320 yards, and we still lose because Smith throws 5 picks in an otherwise sure-thing win, then get back to me.

And if Smith has a game like that, with a Sanchize-esque, should-be-impossible, 8.3 passer rating while misfiring on 2/3 of his pass attempts, they should cut him on the spot and leave him on the stadium.

Yeah, I don't know that Sanchez ever completed 68% of his passes while turning the ball over four times. 

More like with Sanchez, a four turnover game would be paired with a 48% completion rate. 

Geno had a bad game, but there were some actual positives. 

Stop it. Matt Simms is not the answer.

how could you possibly know that ? What is it about Simms that gets such negative responses from Jets fans ? Was it because he played well in the preseason ?

If Jets fans were fans of the Pats every single person on this board would have been saying Brady LOL hes not the answer simply because he was a skinny goofy kid drafted in the 6th round. If Smith starts off next week in the sh*tter this team better consider putting in Simms

how could you possibly know that ? What is it about Simms that gets such negative responses from Jets fans ? Was it because he played well in the preseason ?

If Jets fans were fans of the Pats every single person on this board would have been saying Brady LOL hes not the answer simply because he was a skinny goofy kid drafted in the 6th round. If Smith starts off next week in the sh*tter this team better consider putting in Simms

We all know that Rex's mind simply does not work like that. The season must be over by 3 or more games for him to consider it. Most coaches in the NFL are loyal to a point. Rex is loyal to the point of throwing seasons away and then some.

Sanchez threw 5 picks in one game his rookie year, lets not pretend we're in uncharted territory here.

C'mon, Smith is only 4 games into his rookie season.  Give him a chance.  He's got that 5 pick game in him, I can feel it.  Think this guys got a chance to be special.

I mean it took Sanchez 4 years to achieve the butt fumble.  Not quite the same, but Smith already has the "behind the butt fumble".

he just needs more reps

:)

I put the same question to you. The Jets invested a high pick on Geno. He needs to take his lumps so the Jets can look to see if they need to draft another QB in next year's draft. Matt Simms is not better than Geno or else he'd have been playing since week one.

The Jets invested a SECOND ROUND pick on Smith. About the same as Vlad Ducasse who seems entrenched at LG despite his MANY problems there. This is one of my MAIN problems with Rex Ryan. He does NOT hold players accountable for mistakes. Oh, sure Vlad will do a few pushups (probably the girly ones) and that will be that. Then he will go to Atlanta and have two or three more penalties and allow a revolving door at LG. No rule in the NFL that says you can't change QB's on every sequence if you want to. I know I would.

Jets fans are desperate to get competent QB play- that means not turning over the ball so many times. Geno has to show improvement with his fundamentals and awareness on the football field. If he can not do it this then the off season we are still in search of a starter that can

Eli Manning constantly throws off his back foot and he is considered "elite"

We all know that Rex's mind simply does not work like that. The season must be over by 3 or more games for him to consider it. Most coaches in the NFL are loyal to a point. Rex is loyal to the point of throwing seasons away and then some.

Which is one reason why Idzik needs to throw Rex away.

New GM John Idzik is 100% behind Rex pulling his second round pick and putting in an undrafted Simms. I can't understand why it hasn't happened already.

Agree Simms should have started the 2nd half, and if he was as bad, or worse than Geno fine, you just start Smith the following week, and use the same excuse as to why Rex HAD to pull Wilson off the field on that drive against Buffalo, "needed to let the kid clear his head, and observe from the outside, he will learn, and be back out there next week" it's really that easy to justify if Simms was brutal to.

The Jets invested a SECOND ROUND pick on Smith. About the same as Vlad Ducasse who seems entrenched at LG despite his MANY problems there. This is one of my MAIN problems with Rex Ryan. He does NOT hold players accountable for mistakes. Oh, sure Vlad will do a few pushups (probably the girly ones) and that will be that. Then he will go to Atlanta and have two or three more penalties and allow a revolving door at LG. No rule in the NFL that says you can't change QB's on every sequence if you want to. I know I would.

I agree.  I don't get this loyalty thing to a second round pick....what if Simms came in and played well? Does that mean we have to go back to Geno just bc he was our second round pick? No, you go with who plays better, and right now it seems Geno may need to sit n reflect a little bit...and the perfect opp was 4th quarter yest. If Geno comes in and plays like sht next week in the first half, you bring in Simms.

New GM John Idzik is 100% behind Rex pulling his second round pick and putting in an undrafted Simms. I can't understand why it hasn't happened already.

Agree Simms should have started the 2nd half, and if he was as bad, or worse than Geno fine, you just start Smith the following week, and use the same excuse as to why Rex HAD to pull Wilson off the field on that drive against Buffalo, "needed to let the kid clear his head, and observe from the outside, he will learn, and be back out there next week" it's really that easy to justify if Simms was brutal to.

The problem for Ryan was that it would be too hard to be as bad as Smith was. He then would have to explain why the better QB is sitting on the bench.

Not true.  Tom Brady was actually a pretty good clutch QB at Michigan.  His 61% career completion while throwing for 31 and 19 INT is not even close to that of Simms 8 TD and 9 INT while posting a 50% career completion including a 43% in his senior year at Tenn before getting benched. 

Not true.  Tom Brady was actually a pretty good clutch QB at Michigan.  His 61% career completion while throwing for 31 and 19 INT is not even close to that of Simms 8 TD and 9 INT while posting a 50% career completion including a 43% in his senior year at Tenn before getting benched. 

I was not quoting stats I was talking about the perception on these forums.  Trust me If Brady was here as a 6th round pick and you dare said he should start you would be ripped apart.

I see where your coming from and I'm of the opinion if your QB is not getting it done to try another and we just have not done that.

Not true. Tom Brady was actually a pretty good clutch QB at Michigan. His 61% career completion while throwing for 31 and 19 INT is not even close to that of Simms 8 TD and 9 INT while posting a 50% career completion including a 43% in his senior year at Tenn before getting benched.

The thing is Simms was a privileged douche bag, that had everything come easy to him, and handed to him, he learned the hard way that this don't fly in the real world, so we never saw Simms actually play to his full potential in college, I think he has changed since then, and has worked really hard on trying to be an NFL QB, I know some think he was only given a chance because of his name, maybe, but that's all he would get is a chance if there was nothing there he would be home in Jersey doing some high paying job because of who he is, so he has to be doing something right since to still be sticking around as a back up QB in the NFL.

The thing is Simms was a privileged douche bag, that had everything come easy to him, and handed to him, he learned the hard way that this don't fly in the real world, so we never saw Simms actually play to his full potential in college, I think he has changed since then, and has worked really hard on trying to be an NFL QB, I know some think he was only given a chance because of his name, maybe, but that's all he would get is a chance if there was nothing there he would be home in Jersey doing some high paying job because of who he is, so he has to be doing something right since to still be sticking around as a back up QB in the NFL.

i actually agree....unlike homerun in preseason king Rattlf, Simms was making 3rd and fourth reads in preseason...actually understating what was going on.

so again...lets throw a season away for the maybe of one.

What is this "throw away a season" over and over.   The Jets are not a very good team no matter what people think.  The offense stinks.  The running game stinks. The WRs stink.   Even if Smith or Simms show signs of being good, but that isn't going to change the WRs, the Running backs, the OL, etc.   So whether they go 6-10 or 7-9 or 5-11 doesn't really matter in the bigger picture.    

What's the point in benching Smith after 4 games?   What happens if Simms sucks after 4 games?  Do they bench him and put in Quinn?  And what happens when Quinn sucks once again, who do they turn to then?      4 games isn't a time to bench somebody for some other guy who will probably look just as bad through 4 games.

Then you must be new to football. Ryan and tannenbaum also moved up to draft sanchez. You have no idea how good Simms is and neither does Ryan. He obviously knows nothing about qbs. Hopefully we get a real coach next year...one who understands the most important position on the field. The knock on smith was the interception. That will follow him around as long as he plays

I don't like this post. I mean wtf are u talking about?

Archived