Great job ESPN!!!

jay_psg

Comments are priceless.  Jane McManus should insert foot into mouth.

My favorite comment from the "experts" was from Don Le Greca whoever that is..."3 and out's by the Jets offense" - has he watched a Falcons game?  

lol  experts

My favorite comment from the "experts" was from Don Le Greca whoever that is..."3 and out's by the Jets offense" - has he watched a Falcons game?  

lol  experts

I love Jane McManus declaring that "Geno doesn't travel well." He's now played three road games in his lengthy NFL career you nincompoop.

I would have picked the Falcons to be honest(I was not aware until yesterday they were 1-3, so would have been going by their last year's record) , that being said I would never predict a blowout with this defense and Geno's ability to throw vertically. I thought the jets would have a chance if the turnovers are kept to minimum.

Some of the comments esp by Jane McManus, Rich Cimini, Ohm Youngmisuk make no sense, like comparing Geno to a egg salad and predicting a blow out

Yeah, well after the Titians' game it was hard to muster a lot of enthusiasm, or confidence, for an on the road, Monday night  game, against a desperate Falcon's team who can hang 50 on ya.

Great game planning by Marty, a really nice game by Smith, and an over powering DL changed all that.

Look at the lot of them, they probably haven't played a down of football between them. Michael Kay's head wouldn't even fit into a helmet.

I think he is one of the better ones. Stephen A Smith and Rich Cimini(beat writer) are always completely dismissive of the jets...

May be everybody is getting carried away with the weapons at Matty ice's disposal.. overlooking their bad defense. Can't see how they can win 9 out of the next 11(they need atleast 10-6 to make NFC wild card) with saints, green bay, 49ers and seahawks in their schedule.

Having said that, Jets have a realistic chance as long as defense plays at a high level. We absolutely need to keep turn over to a minimum. In the AFC a 9-7 can possible get a wild card, Jets need to win 6 or more in a schedule where Bills, Steelers, Raiders, panthers, browns are winnable games, have to upset either cincy, new england or ravens  OR win out miami

Now tell me, who has a better chance

Bill Pollian the old coot fool just said he likes Matty Ice chances of making the playoffs better than the the Jets.

May be everybody is getting carried away with the weapons at Matty ice's disposal.. overlooking their bad defense. Can't see how they can win 9 out of the next 11(they need atleast 10-6 to make NFC wild card) with saints, green bay, 49ers and seahawks in their schedule.

Having said that, Jets have a realistic chance as long as defense plays at a high level. We absolutely need to keep turn over to a minimum. In the AFC a 9-7 can possible get a wild card, Jets need to win 6 or more in a schedule where Bills, Steelers, Raiders, panthers, browns are winnable games, have to upset either cincy, new england or ravens  OR win out miami

Only guys to pick us on the ESPN crew were Ditka and Keyshawn even Berman the Jets fan and season ticket holder went against us.

My understanding is that Berman is not a Jets fan.  He's a Bills fan & is best friends with Jim Kelly or something.

The Jets season tickets he had were his father's.

lol  experts

Don is amusing. Ruocco and Rothenberg are the big time clueless morons. And Michael Kay, I am sure he has never seen a football game.

Too many bad teams. 10-6 minimum in both leagues this year.

I think they do have a shot, but people do overreact.  Smith should be benched because of the Titans game.  THe Jets should make the playoffs because of the Falcons game.  If they win/lose next week, everybody will overreact again.   The Jets have a weak offense with a rookie QB who is learning as we go. And that's a good thing at this point because if he just sucked, we'd be starting over with Who is the QB.  But the Defense wasn't exactly great last night.  They had moments and made plays, but for most of that game, the Falcon's were going up and down the field and the secondary was getting killed.  And last week the defense got killed by Jake Locker.  The only reason it leveled out a bit was because Fitzpatrick came in due to an injury.   But as good as that front line seems to be,  their secondary has serious issues.  Good teams and Good QBs are going to capitalize on this. 

As far as the playoffs, we already know the Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Bengals/Ravens  are winning their divisions.    I wished the Patriots would fall and not even make the playoffs, but we've been hearing that crap for a decade.   I remember when Brady went down and Favre was the Jets QB.  They were going to overtake the division.  Didn't happen.  Hell the Patriots still went 11-5.  They didn't win the division, but nobody thought they were done.  So it kind of sucks, but at this point, until the Patriots lose week after week,  they normally win the damn AFC East.   And the Jets are still a team more likely to finish 8-8 than 11-5.  

Which means there are 2 spots left for the rest of the teams.   The Jets and Dolphins will battle it out.   The Ravens/Bengals will be in the mix.  The Titans don't have Locker for a long time, so Fitzpatrick is not the guy you want fighting for a playoff spot.   The Chiefs are already 5-0 and we've seen Alex Smith do this before as a game manager.

How i see this team if Geno continues to improve and MM calls great games like he did last night,   is this....

They beat the Steelers.   4-2

Lose to the Patriots again.   4-3

They lose to the Bengals in a dogfight defensive battle.  4-4

They lose to the Saints.   4-5

They beat down the Bills after a bye and losing streak.  5-5

The Ravens are one of those games. If Flacco is hot and geno is not, it could be a long day. and it's in baltimore.    5-6

Beat the dolphins at home.  6-6

Raiders suck and its finally in NJ...  7-6

The Panthers suck, so if they give Newton a hardtime and tackle, they win.  8-6

Browns are no good...     9-6

So it'll come down to the last game of the season against the Dolphins.  could be a playoff battle, maybe not.   

I"m also sticking to my theory that the Jets aren't beating the Dolphins twice this year,  so they lose in week 17 in Miami.    Final record 9-7.

That's better than most of us would have thought. Playoff team?   depends on the dolphins, ravens, bengals, chiefs, etc.  

TMQ (Gregg Easterbrook) said the Jets ( who he calls Jersey/B) and Geno drove down the field on the last drive with "rinky-dink passes." WTF? I know he's a patriot homer but come on...

The entire Patriots offense is centered on rinky-dink passes lol

TMQ (Gregg Easterbrook) said the Jets ( who he calls Jersey/B) and Geno drove down the field on the last drive with "rinky-dink passes." WTF? I know he's a patriot homer but come on...

Yeah, it's called taking what the defense gives you. 

The entire Patriots offense is centered on rinky-dink passes lol

The Patriots and Tom Brady won super bowls with the rinky-dink passes.  Hell,  their first super bowl win, MVP tom brady, even minus the damn tape crap,  they had what, a couple of first downs and then a 48 year FG.   Not exactly going 90 yards and throwing a game winning TD kind of thing.  But Brady is the golden boy.

I'm just not sure what the point of that entire topic was though.

They were laser like slants into pretty small windows. And Gates could have scored a touch down on the screen if he ran through it (Gruden says true things sometimes).

And to the poster that said NE is destined to win the division, I say horsebleep. I think we have a very realistic chance at the division. Have you looked at like our last 7 games. They are all very winnable. 

They were laser like slants into pretty small windows. And Gates could have scored a touch down on the screen if he ran through it (Gruden says true things sometimes).

And to the poster that said NE is destined to win the division, I say horsebleep. I think we have a very realistic chance at the division. Have you looked at like our last 7 games. They are all very winnable. 

Gruden said it would have been a TD had it been Holmes who caught it. No one believes in Gates, not even his own mother.

I hope this is true, but we've been hearing the downfall of the Patriots for a decade and it just hasn't come close to happening.

this team is & most likely will continue to be a work in progress

the next 2 games should give us a good indication of how this clay is being sculpted

i am expected 1 & 1 with the rookie QB continuing his rollercoaster ride performances, if we are able to go 2-0 then we have legit playoff chances, 0-2 doesn't bear thinking about.

Archived