Goodson OUT for season.

Integrity28

Mike Goodson - RB - Jets

Jets RB Mike Goodson tore his ACL and MCL in Sunday's loss to the Steelers.

Goodson's first season as a Jet can officially be called a nightmare. He was arrested on marijuana and weapons charges in May, went AWOL at the beginning of training camp and was then slapped with a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Goodson returned as a backup behind Bilal Powell in Week 5, but this injury puts his 2014 roster spot in doubt. Chris Ivory will see a bump in snaps going forward.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running back Mike Goodson is out for the year after suffering a torn ACL and MCL per … Mike Goodson.

MRI Shows that I Tore My MCL and ACL yesterday

This is an unfortunate break for the Jets and Goodson. The injury was suffered as Goodson went to make a tackle on Geno Smith’s second interception of the game. In the process of attempting to make the tackle, one of his own teammates hit him low and at an awkward angle that apparently tore his ACL and MCL.

After signing to a three year, $6.9 million contract, Goodson missed the first four games due to a substance abuse suspension. Upon returning, Goodson showed impressive speed and a great ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. It’ll be interesting to see if the Jets bring back Alex Green for the rest of the season or look towards free agency to bring in someone (Joe McKnight?) with a similar skill set to Goodson.

Either way, this is bad news for the Jets.

With a team that lacks any offensive play-makers, this kid was average about 9 yards whenever he touched the ball. He'll have plenty of time to come back from it and hopefully he can, as he definitely showed some promise.  Fortunately, it appears to be the one position where we actually won't be hurt to badly as Powell has shown to be more than serviceable and if healthy, Ivory can be a weapon too; he was hitting at over 5 yards a carry recently.  Next man up, but it does sting a bit. Best of luck to him.

OCTOBER 14, 2013 12:01 PM

Mike Goodson tears his ACL and MCL

BY SETH WALDER

Only two games after Mike Goodson’s season began, it’s over. Goodson, the Jets’ running back who was suspended for the first four games of the year, Tweeted Monday that he tore his ACL and MCL. Goodson was injured late in the fourth quarter on the play that sealed the Jets fate in their 19-6 -- Geno Smith’s second interception.

The injury will end the season for Goodson, who had looked good in his two games, providing a speed burst in an offense lacking in skill position talent.

The Daily News first reported Monday that Goodson was scheduled for an MRI on Monday and that a torn ACL was feared.

Goodson rushed four times for 29 yards in Sunday’s loss. He finished with seven carries for 61 yards on the season. Goodson was also expected to contribute in special teams -- he lined up as a kick returner Sunday but did not have a return.

The running back was arrested in May on weapons and drug charges, resulting in a four-game suspension from the league.

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

Both the ACL aand MCL. ouch. For a guy that is all about speed,  this is not good news for his career.

I wonder if McKnight is still crazy?

I said yesterday during the game, "Goodson was worth the wait".  He was so impressive, really just seemed like a much better football player than Joe McKnight.  Tough break.  Man this guy is having a rough year.  Hopefully he can stay focused and come back stronger.

This sucks in many ways, but having missed the offseason, preseason,  4 games to start the regular season,  it was one of those things you just knew might happen. 

And who knows if he would be any good, I mean had some nice moments, but there is nothing to say he was going to be that good.    Just sucks we'll never know.   

So, you're smart.

I am because if they had listened to me and drafted Lacy, kept their 4th rounder, and drafted a QB i 4th we would not be in this situation.  I would also have taken a WR with one of those picks.

Granted we would be beating up sanchez on this board right now but we would be in better shape to go after one of the better QB in 2014 and provide a little help with Lacy, OL, and WR from 2013 and another WR in 2014

I said yesterday during the game, "Goodson was worth the wait".  He was so impressive, really just seemed like a much better football player than Joe McKnight.  Tough break.  Man this guy is having a rough year.  Hopefully he can stay focused and come back stronger.

This

Archived