The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins unite in the face of drama

Everybody is aware Dolphins players hit back on Wednesday. In what seemed like a well practiced, well executed blitz, players throughout the entire locker room defended the team's leadership, defended the team's coaching staff, defended Richie Incognito and gave new context to the Incognito-Martin scandal.

Well, the truth about that apparent orchestrated offensive is that it was kind of orchestrated.

And it went against Joe Philbin's previous explicit orders to player to not discuss the issue in the media. Those orders came down Monday -- Philbin often tells players the message they should pass to the media -- and still applied Wednesday.

But then a group of players got fed up. And as a group, decided to break their silence.

"We were at a point where we weren't told to say anything. We weren't going to talk. There's an investigation. Plain and simple. You guys expected that," receiver Brian Hartline said. "And now we're able to say our opinion and really protect ourselves from being bullied by [the media] because we weren't talking. Nobody said a word. We weren't fighting back. There were no comments from Richie. There were no comments from us. And we just sat back and listened to it a couple of days.

"And we got kind of tired of it. We got to the point, and you guys can judge, but it caught us all off guard and it's a shame it happened."

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill said players talked about the scandal as a team and decided to come closer as a team.

“Well yes, it’s nonstop," Tannehill said. "I feel like today’s been much better. Guys aren’t discussing the whole thing like the past few days. Obviously, everyone’s hearing about it. Our phones are blowing up from anyone we’ve ever come in contact about the situation. There has been a lot of chatter about it but, today I think guys are happy to stick to each other, have each other’s backs and get ready to play.”

There has been speculation about how disastrous this issue could be to the Dolphins on-field chances.

I think that speculation is going to be proven wrong. I don't see a team divided. I don't see a team cracking under pressure.

I see a team that is under external pressures but not necessarily divided internally.

We won't know until Monday night in Tampa. When the Dolphins play an 0-8 opponent that, guess what, also has had its share of drama.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/everybody-is-aware-dolphins-players-hit-back-on-wednesday-in-what-seemed-like-a-well-practiced-well-executed-blitz-players.html#storylink=cpy

the fact that this Jets defensive line, arguably the most dominant in the entire league right now gets to face this offensive line minus two starters twice in a seven game period down the stretch is great news for Jets fans. This DL can take over games (as we saw last week) and we should expect them to dominate the Dolphins OL to the point that they can't function offensively. 

It looks that way on paper, but if there is one thing that all have learned as Jets fans it's that things never seem to play out as we envision, good or bad.

Vlad should sue the Jets for the King Ugly contest. He got benched too. Jim Leonhard was a very mean white man and it finally got to him years later. No wonder he was benched.

rookie hazing goes on a week or two most of the time. Maybe it stretches through the whole year in certain extreme examples. For Incognito to be "hazing" Martin into his second year was way too far. Even the most pro-hazing person has to admit that after a certain point it ceases to be hazing and becomes harassment/stalking. Martin paid his dues and Incognito wouldn't stop. 

Put all this PC bully stuff aside from a purely football standpoint Incognito was, in fact, engaging in "conduct detrimental to the team." The Dolphins (who are run incompetently) actually got that wording right. These guys are supposed to offensive line brothers, 5 guys moving as one unit.  How are these guys gonna trust each other when the environment is so hostile? in the offseason Martin was going to LT and Incognito was the LG, these are the phone calls? 

Even if you accept none of the evidence... most people deserve the benefit of the doubt,

but Incognito has forfeited that privilege.

rookie hazing goes on a week or two most of the time. Maybe it stretches through the whole year in certain extreme examples. For Incognito to be "hazing" Martin over the offseason and into his second year was too far. Even the most pro-hazing person has to admit that after a certain point it ceases to be hazing and becomes harassment/stalking.

We still don't know the exact details of how Incognito was mentally abusing him. But you're basically talking about policing a locker room of 53 adult men. Journalists attempting to analyze the inner relationships of men in a locker room is laughable. Of course compared to real life it sounds crazy. What did ppl think went on? Tea parties? Once you start drawing these lines of what hear guys can and can't do it becomes even more messy.

rookie hazing goes on a week or two most of the time. Maybe it stretches through the whole year in certain extreme examples. For Incognito to be "hazing" Martin into his second year was way too far. Even the most pro-hazing person has to admit that after a certain point it ceases to be hazing and becomes harassment/stalking. Martin paid his dues and Incognito wouldn't stop.

Put all this PC bully stuff aside from a purely football standpoint Incognito was, in fact, engaging in "conduct detrimental to the team." The Dolphins (who are run incompetently) actually got that wording right. These guys are supposed to offensive line brothers, 5 guys moving as one unit. How are these guys gonna trust each other when the environment is so hostile? in the offseason Martin was going to LT and Incognito was the LG, these are the phone calls?

Even if you accept none of the evidence... most people deserve the benefit of the doubt,

Dude...not one Dolphin player considered their working environment hostile. We're talking about one guy. If one guy doesn't feel welcome it's every one else's fault? That sounds pretty 2013 I guess. It's like the kid in the class who can't celebrate Halloween so everyone else has to suffer.

awol theory goes boom

ProFootballTalk.com, citing multiple league sources, reported Wednesday night that Smith called Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told ProFootballTalk.com.

Representatives for Martin have turned over evidence of harassment to the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association.

so this goes all the way up to the GM.  they were trying to get martin to fight a co worker to prove he is a man

Put all this PC bully stuff aside from a purely football standpoint Incognito was, in fact, engaging in "conduct detrimental to the team." The Dolphins (who are run incompetently) actually got that wording right. These guys are supposed to offensive line brothers, 5 guys moving as one unit.  How are these guys gonna trust each other when the environment is so hostile? in the offseason Martin was going to LT and Incognito was the LG, these are the phone calls? 

Hahaha "the most pro-hazing person"

awol theory goes boom

ProFootballTalk.com, citing multiple league sources, reported Wednesday night that Smith called Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told ProFootballTalk.com.

Representatives for Martin have turned over evidence of harassment to the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association.

so this goes all the way up to the GM. they were trying to get martin to fight a co worker to prove he is a man

This is old news. Seemingly leaked from Martins camp. Notice no one put their name behind it?

This is old news. Seemingly leaked from Martins camp. Notice no one put their name behind it?

still relevant.  this destroys your faking it idea and the awol theory. they had a chance to avoid all this, but decided to corner him into fighting his line-mate

duuuuuuuuuuuuh

still relevant. this destroys your faking it idea and the awol theory. they had a chance to avoid all this, but decided to corner him into fighting his line-mate

duuuuuuuuuuuuh

Oh yeah an anonymous source via PFT really destroys my theory. Link up the Enquirer next.

• 2336c22fd6f05742904135e30d43102e_normal.
    I can't even watch ESPN without feeling some type of way. The way they're talking about and portraying Richie just isn't the Richie I know
    Player
      One of the best teammates I've ever played with or shared a locker room with,
      Player
      •  
      I think Martin losing his LT position, a position he prepared for mental and physically for y'all offseason. Then being switch to RT
      Player

This seems to be the best explanation of what happened

" I'm done reading your crap."

LOL

Then again maybe not

That was because it was a direct response to me.  I clicked on the notifications button without paying much attention who had responded to one of my posts.  When I saw who it was, I saw what he said, and since it was funny I responded.

You'd make the best class Mom.

Cool, I picture you more as the juror at the end of "A Time to Kill". We need Matthew McConaughey to get you to picture Martin as a white guy and see if you'd still care enough to scan this thread every 30 seconds. I'm leaning towards no

Cool, I picture you more as the juror at the end of "A Time to Kill". We need Matthew McConaughey to get you to picture Martin as a white guy and see if you'd still care enough to scan this thread every 30 seconds. I'm leaning towards no

Oh boy. Race card drawn. Head soccer mom really going for it now. Keep going breh. Tell me how you really feel.

Oh boy. Race card drawn. Head soccer mom really going for it now. Keep going breh. Tell me how you really feel.

I don't think we should be going into the issue of race here because it will get this thread locked, but I only neg repped that post because that is a cappy movie to reference.  This is no place for "A TIme to Kill" references!

I don't think we should be going into the issue of race here because it will get this thread locked, but I only neg repped that post because that is a cappy movie to reference. This is no place for "A TIme to Kill" references!

Ill use a better movie reference. "There's no reason to bring race into his Ahmad, we have enough problems as it is."

"Don't give me your honkey BS Buttermaker!"

retardnito apparently sexually harassed a woman at a dolhins golf tournament.

the police released this info, apparently the woman signed a confidentiality agreement....so the fins FO must have paid her to keep quiet.

here's the link

http://www.local10.com/sports/aventura-police-dolphins-richie-incognito-harassed-golf-volunteer/-/1717082/22858256/-/11fm0jpz/-/index.html

retardnito apparently sexually harassed a woman at a dolhins golf tournament.

the police released this info, apparently the woman signed a confidentiality agreement....so the fins FO must have paid her to keep quiet.

here's the link

http://www.local10.com/sports/aventura-police-dolphins-richie-incognito-harassed-golf-volunteer/-/1717082/22858256/-/11fm0jpz/-/index.html

You know that reminds me.I just suddenly remembered that time Anthony Mason made inappropriate advances towards me in the 90's. Some one get me Jackie Child's number.

Archived