The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/08/cam-cleeland-victim-of-hazing-aghast-at-martin-reaction/

“I’m not afraid to say that he was an immature, unrealistic scumbag,” Cleeland said. “When it came down to it, he had no personality, he was a locker-room cancer, and he just wanted to fight everybody all the time. It was bizarre beyond belief.”

Facts:

Thrown out of Nebraska.

Thrown out of Oregon.

Arrested for Assault.

Left rant on Martin's voicemail filled with racial slurs.

Tried breaking the leg of Antonio Smith.

Voted NFL's dirtiest player.

Accusations:

Sexual Assault

Extortion

Harassment of Martin

And this is who your hitching your wagon to. He IS a POS.

Most of that happened over a month ago

The Cam Cleeland story was actually worth talking about and that got thrown under the rug for the most part. The dynamic of that situation isnt media friendly however.

Have you ever really considered why black-on-black and black-on-white crime isn't as marketable a story as white-on-black crime?

And, I don't know the merits of Martin's hospitalization, nor does anyone here, but let me provide some facts. The goal is to get you out of there as quickly as possible... For many reasons. And, if you have family, as Martin does, that is significantly more likely to happen. Those who are committed are usually the floridly psychotic, not the suicidal. Suicidal patients are usually assessed, and then sent home with a treatment plan and medication if home is a safe place. In other words, stop making assumptions based on having watched One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest on VHS.

But what they say, to a player, is the Incognito portrayed in the national media is one they never saw in person. This cuts across experience (Hicks played parts of 11 years with five teams; Josh Samuda played one year with the Dolphins) and racial lines (four players were black, one was white); and varying levels of time with the team.

"A great dude,'' Barker called Incognito.

"Richie was cool, funny,'' Louis said.

"He plays like how I was taught to play,'' Hicks said. "Be physical. Be nasty. Be aggressive. Everything Richie does is tough. And, yeah, Richie will ride a guy hard, but it's all in good humor."

It's this personality, and if Martin considered it humorous or intimidating, at the center of this issue. There's a dividing line in his career, Incognito once said. He condensed his first four NFL seasons in an interview to, "I was an idiot," as he was voted by the dirtiest player in the league by peers and cut by St. Louis and Buffalo.

Each also got their hair cut and dyed as part of rookie hazing. Martin, as a second-round pick, also had to fund for an annual dinner for the offensive linemen. Samuda remembers Martin paying $7,000 (Guard John Jerry says he paid $17,000 for that dinner bill as a rookie). 

As for Martin, Samuda said, "He got it easiest." And Hicks said: "Jonathan was a great rookie, the best of them. He was the one out the group that didn't complain."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-1108-20131107,0,6784656.story

Suggest you dopes read this article.

Did this dinner take place before or after the golf incident which isn't relevant being that it was over a year ago?

How is a golf incident not involving Jonathan Martin relevant to the personal relationship between Incognito and Martin? Am I allowed to point out David Cornwall represented Ryan Braun- a convicted cheater and liar? Is that relevant to you? I'll listen.

How is a golf incident not involving Jonathan Martin relevant to the personal relationship between Incognito and Martin? Am I allowed to point out David Cornwall represented Ryan Braun- a convicted cheater and liar? Is that relevant to you? I'll listen.

You already have

*ignores article*

*insert irrelevant one liner or estrogen fueled rant*

*rinse wash repeat*

Here's the deal. You have multiple assertions going on.

1. Incognito is an ass, but isn't to blame for Martin leaving the team. You support this by posting articles that say that Martin and Incognito are besties, probably.

--and--

2. Martin, starting in Pee Wee Football, set out on a mission to bilk an NFL team, and perhaps the NFL itself, out of millions off dollars by getting drafted by a team with a giant white sociopath on it, whom he would then befriend for 18 months before demonizing said sociopath, then he'd sue for wrongful termination(?) and reap more than the $30 million he could make by just playing ten years in the league. Anyone who doesn't see this is suffering from white guilt and doesn't understand the racial dynamics of a locker room.

The first proposition is significantly more plausible than the second.

Here's the deal. You have multiple assertions going on.

1. Incognito is an ass, but isn't to blame for Martin leaving the team. You support this by posting articles that say that Martin and Incognito are besties, probably.

--and--

2. Martin, starting in Pee Wee Football, set out on a mission to bilk an NFL team, and perhaps the NFL itself, out of millions off dollars by getting drafted by a team with a giant white sociopath on it, whom he would then befriend for 18 months before demonizing said sociopath, then he'd sue for wrongful termination(?) and reap more than the $30 million he could make by just playing ten years in the league. Anyone who doesn't see this is suffering from white guilt and doesn't understand the racial dynamics of a locker room.

The first proposition is significantly more plausible than the second.

Regarding the second portion- me thinks his parents are conducting this more so than Martin. My guess is he's had conversations with his  folks for a while now that he didnt like the team/locker room etc and had thoughts of quitting. The La Confora article talks about Martin's mother losing it when she heard the VM and that's what set this entire thing in motion. If anyone knew what they could potentially do here, its an attorney.

Not sure what youre getting at with the white guilt or the racial dynamic. Ive already said football locker rooms arent divided by race.

Regarding the second portion- me thinks his parents are conducting this more so than Martin. My guess is he's had conversations with his folks for a while now that he didnt like the team/locker room etc and had thoughts of quitting. The La Confora article talks about Martin's mother losing it when she heard the VM and that's what set this entire thing in motion. If anyone knew what they could potentially do here, its an attorney.

Not sure what youre getting at with the white guilt or the racial dynamic. Ive already said football locker rooms arent divided by race.

Which is all true, most likely, except for the "quitting" part. It sounds like he hates the locker room in Miami, wanted to get away from it, and his parents are advising him on how to get out of his contract without being sued up the ass. Revealing that the Dolphins roster is chock full of thugs expedites the process. Remember when Ricky Williams walked away from the Dolphins and was told, "Good luck, Ricky! BTW, you owe us $8 mil!"? It seems he's trying to shoot his way out of town without losing every penny of his signing bonus. He'll probably be on the Colts within the month, playing with Luck again.

Archived