Should Jets attempt trade for Cousins?

MexiRoll6

Kirk Cousins was a fourth round pick who showed more in his few starts than Sanchez and Geno Smith combined. Would Washington trade him for a second round pick? I doubt he fits the Redskins offensive system but if Shanahan is canned (quite possibly) then the new guy might not want to give him up. Jets definitely need a young established QB to work with since they have had no luck with finding and developing college QB's. Need to find one quick before the young defense gets old waiting for a young guy to develop.

So basically many are saying lets give up on Geno Smith?  The guy beat Atlanta,New England and New Orleans without legit WRs

No.  But they shouldn't just hand him the job.  Idzik's been preaching competition since he got here.  Let the kid earn the right to be the starter.

Do you trust anyone working for the Jets to competently pick a QB?

I would imagine that much (much) more due diligence would be placed in finding another QB.  Geno landed in our laps, and it obviously wasn't a draft we could justify spending the Milliner/Richardson pick on someone else at the position, save maybe EJ Manuel. 

Kirk Cousins was a fourth round pick who showed more in his few starts than Sanchez and Geno Smith combined. Would Washington trade him for a second round pick? I doubt he fits the Redskins offensive system but if Shanahan is canned (quite possibly) then the new guy might not want to give him up. Jets definitely need a young established QB to work with since they have had no luck with finding and developing college QB's. Need to find one quick before the young defense gets old waiting for a young guy to develop.

YEAH! ..Lets get another QB and let him play on a team with zero weapons before you all start crying for him to get released.....You know what the definition of insanity is?

Jets should give up a 1st or whatever it takes for Cousins. Geno Smith is the worst QB i've ever seen.

Tannehill sucks too he beat a bad Jets team.

YEAH! ..Lets get another QB and let him play on a team with zero weapons before you all start crying for him to get released.....You know what the definition of insanity is?

Totally agree

Tannehill sucks too he beat a bad Jets team.

Totally agree

I don't think Tannehill sucks. Is he going to be the guy? I don't know.  What I do know is there was going to be some growing pains for a guy who played half his career in college as a WR.  That being said he's improved in nearly every category in this year. I'm optimistic. 

I don't think Tannehill sucks. Is he going to be the guy? I don't know.  What I do know is there was going to be some growing pains for a guy who played half his career in college as a WR.  That being said he's improved in nearly every category in this year. I'm optimistic. 

I don't think Tannehill sucks either. Don't know if he'll be a top 10 qb, but top 15 I'm sure he will be.

SIGN:

QB Chad Henne OR Josh McCown

WR Jeremy Maclin AND TE Greg Olsen  AND/OR Trade for Golden Tate OR Trade for Jimmy Graham

FS Jairus Byrd OR CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie OR CB Charles Tillman (cheapest of the 3, unless other options spring up)

SS Bernard Pollard  ---  MUST HAVE FOR 2 PATRIOT-INJURING PURPOSES

Quality Veteran RT and LG

DRAFT:

Best available QB Round 1, BPA rest of draft

SIGN:

WR Jeremy Maclin AND TE Greg Olsen  AND/OR Trade for Golden Tate OR Trade for Jimmy Graham

FS Jairus Byrd OR CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie OR CB Charles Tillman (cheapest of the 3, unless other options spring up)

DRAFT:

I like you, 80, but I don't even know where to begin with this.

SIGN:

DRAFT:

The last statement I agree with no matter what they do in FA.  Sure hope some one else is  deciding who the BPA in 2014 then who ever did it in 2013 

The last statement I agree with no matter what they do in FA. Sure hope some one else is deciding who the BPA in 2014 then who ever did it in 2013

There are exactly two QBs in this draft that are legitimate first round talents, and they're both going to be top-5 picks (Hundley and Bridgewater). You don't just reach for a first round QB because you need one. That's how you end up with Mark Sanchez and Christian Ponder.

There are exactly two QBs in this draft that are legitimate first round talents, and they're both going to be top-5 picks (Hundley and Bridgewater). You don't just reach for a first round QB because you need one. That's how you end up with Mark Sanchez and Christian Ponder.

I actually agree with you on this.

Which brings up the 500 pound gorilla in the room.   

Before this week I said that the odds of Sanchez returning were about 20-1.  The odds of that happening are getting shorter.  Not advocating that, but.........................................................................

I actually agree with you on this.

Which brings up the 500 pound gorilla in the room.

Before this week I said that the odds of Sanchez returning were about 20-1. The odds of that happening are getting shorter. Not advocating that, but.........................................................................

Nooooooo chaaaaance. He's burned every person in the building, from the owner on down. The team has a ton of cap space and they'll have good picks. If they go into 2014 with, say, a high pick at receiver, a high pick at TE, a FA vet receiver, and maybe some help on the OL, that will make the bed for an offensive turnaround pretty quickly. Then you let Geno go to camp and try to beat out someone like Shaun Hill. Maybe spend a 4th on Aaron Murray, to boot. Really, the future can be bright pretty quick.

Archived