Pete Carol

CobraVerde

kinda wishing he never left...i really liked him when he was coaching us and it's a shame the organization didnt give him a legit shot just cause of that stupid fake spike...but would he be the same? Did he need to become the USC powerhouse to get another shot at the NFL? 

Belichick is an absolutely brilliant coach, but there's a very good chance he's on his third team right now if Brady wasn't "discovered." If not for Wilson, Pete Carroll probably goes the role of Rex: good defense and run game, only to be unable to find major success without a QB.  This isn't a pro-Rex argument from me, it's just that without finding an elite QB, I don't think any of these guys are talked about. Yea, Payton and Brees "bring out the best in each other," but if the two were separated, I'd put more money on Brees having continued success rather than Payton, and I think pretty highly of Payton.

I attribute Carol's success at USC and Seattle to what Timothy Leary called "set and setting" rather than X's and O's.   Dr. Tim would have been one hell of a HC and knew the critical nature of being in the right place, both literally and figuratively, when dropping acid.

kinda wishing he never left...i really liked him when he was coaching us and it's a shame the organization didnt give him a legit shot just cause of that stupid fake spike...but would he be the same? Did he need to become the USC powerhouse to get another shot at the NFL? 

Fake spike wasnt Carols fault, it was that ridiculous OVERRATED, couldnt cover my aunt, would make Millner look like a pro-bowler, AARON GLENN. I will preface this however by saying their is no Jet player I loathe more than Aaron Glenn, He sucked, he was so overrated and even if they didnt fake spike it, he would have been beaten on the next play anyway. Hate is bad word to use but I hate Aaron Glenn.

Belichick is an absolutely brilliant coach, but there's a very good chance he's on his third team right now if Brady wasn't "discovered." If not for Wilson, Pete Carroll probably goes the role of Rex: good defense and run game, only to be unable to find major success without a QB.  This isn't a pro-Rex argument from me, it's just that without finding an elite QB, I don't think any of these guys are talked about. Yea, Payton and Brees "bring out the best in each other," but if the two were separated, I'd put more money on Brees having continued success rather than Payton, and I think pretty highly of Payton.

Good points.

I think Belichick would still be with the Patriots.  Bledsoe would have been a serviceable QB until Belichick could have drafted a safer QB. 

Good points.

I think Belichick would still be with the Patriots.  Bledsoe would have been a serviceable QB until Belichick could have drafted a safer QB. 

It's definitely a possibility as I would never bet against his genius. However, I was more using it to illustrate my point that in this league, especially today's league, without a franchise QB your job is immensely more difficult, almost impossibly so.

Belicheck went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. He had Cleveland on the verge of success before the move was announced. He would still be great without Brady. Pete Carroll benefited from his experiences, much the way I believe Mangini will someday do the same. Maybe the Jets can finally hire a coach on the right part of the curve this time.

Fake spike wasnt Carols fault, it was that ridiculous OVERRATED, couldnt cover my aunt, would make Millner look like a pro-bowler, AARON GLENN. I will preface this however by saying their is no Jet player I loathe more than Aaron Glenn, He sucked, he was so overrated and even if they didnt fake spike it, he would have been beaten on the next play anyway. Hate is bad word to use but I hate Aaron Glenn.

??????  Aaron Glenn??? He was one of the best corners to ever wear a Jets jersey.  All American, 1st round draft pick three time probowler with a 15 year NFL career Aaron Glen?  Yeah good idea.  Lets blame him.

He was a good kick returner.  You've got to at least give him that.  :)

??????  Aaron Glenn??? He was one of the best corners to ever wear a Jets jersey.  All American, 1st round draft pick three time probowler with a 15 year NFL career Aaron Glen?  Yeah good idea.  Lets blame him.

I knew this was coming,Yes, I know all about his awards, his pro-bowls etc. and I have one word: OVERRATED, and Marino schooled him that whole game and on the Fake spike.

Just out of curiosity, when Expansion came and I believe it was the Texans, and Carolina (I think), well I know it was the Texans because the JETS did not protect him and off he went to the Texans. Why did the Jets not protect him? Because he sucked, he was overrated and got burned every week.

As I said, I am biased as I loathe Aaaron Glenn more than any other forme Jet, and it was his faylt on the fake spike because MARINO knew he could dupe that overrated piece of crap. And if you want I can tell you how I really feel about Aaron Glenn in another post. Sorry.

He was a good kick returner.  You've got to at least give him that.  :)

Look , I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that bum. Marino schooled him all game in the fake spike game and it was so appropriate that it was Glenn who got burned for the game winner. He was awful, could not cover but yet he seemed to be the Jets representative in the pro-bowl (each team had to have one). Then they dont protect him in the expansion draft, Good riddance. I could go on, but I might have cardiac arrest if I continue to write about that bum.

I knew this was coming,Yes, I know all about his awards, his pro-bowls etc. and I have one word: OVERRATED, and Marino schooled him that whole game and on the Fake spike.

Just out of curiosity, when Expansion came and I believe it was the Texans, and Carolina (I think), well I know it was the Texans because the JETS did not protect him and off he went to the Texans. Why did the Jets not protect him? Because he sucked, he was overrated and got burned every week.

As I said, I am biased as I loathe Aaaron Glenn more than any other forme Jet, and it was his faylt on the fake spike because MARINO knew he could dupe that overrated piece of crap. And if you want I can tell you how I really feel about Aaron Glenn in another post. Sorry.

No, don't get me wrong. You have the right to loathe who you want. It's just weird to me that's all. There are so many former and even current jets worthy of disdain, Aaron Glen seems like a strange choice. Kind of like Austin Powers' dad being racist against the Dutch.

No, don't get me wrong. You have the right to loathe who you want. It's just weird to me that's all. There are so many former and even current jets worthy of disdain, Aaron Glen seems like a strange choice. Kind of like Austin Powers' dad being racist against the Dutch.

Thanks for the understanding.

Just for fun, here is my list of most Loathed, and most beloved:

Most Loathed:

1. Aaron Glenn

2. Johnny "lam" Jones

3. Mark Sanchez

Most Beloved:

1. Joe Namath

2. Al Toon

3. Joe Klecko

Let's not forget that Pete Carroll failed in NE before becoming HC of USC. Belichick replaced Carroll who was fired by the Pats. Glad to see Pete having success in Seattle and I think his Seahawks are the best team in football right now. Let's not forget that John Idzik was there helping to build that team.

Look , I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that bum. Marino schooled him all game in the fake spike game and it was so appropriate that it was Glenn who got burned for the game winner. He was awful, could not cover but yet he seemed to be the Jets representative in the pro-bowl (each team had to have one). Then they dont protect him in the expansion draft, Good riddance. I could go on, but I might have cardiac arrest if I continue to write about that bum.

I never had a problem with Glenn, I had a problem with letting James Hasty go to KC where he flourished.

Archived