Rex supporters unite

stoicsentry

People like Bit choose to think of the draft as pure luck, like roulette.

If this is true,it's ******* insane that he runs a draft scouting site. Why doesn't he just post a animated gif of rolling dice under ever players profile

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true,it's ******* insane that he runs a draft scouting site. Why doesn't he just post a animated gif of rolling dice under ever players profile

It wasn't that difficult to realize  Blaine Gabbert would suck in the NFL. It's not luck.

It wasn't that difficult to realize  Blaine Gabbert would suck in the NFL. It's not luck.

Going back and looking at QB's, I'm not so sure: We have a littany of them strewn all over FIRED GMS backs. They have drafted FIRST overall, not just first round but FIRST overall the following:

David Carr

Tim Couch

Jamarcus Russell

Taken SECOND overall

Ryan Leaf

Taken THIRD overall:

Joey Harrington

Other first round DISASTERS:

Mark Sanchez

Todd Marinovich

Andre Ware

Matt Leinert

Blaine Gabbert

Brandon Weeden

Rex Grossman

Josh Freeman

Christian Ponder

Luckily now with the new Rookie wage scale, you dont completely blow up your franchise with a 1st round QB disaster, amking it even more perplexing that back when it did basically ruin your franchise for about 5 years, that so many GM's and Coaches blew it on QB selections.

I dont know if it is luck, but when it comes to choosing a first roung QB, I'd much rather be LUCKY than not,

2. it might

3. how do you gain this evidence for any team, in any sport, with any coach?  my assumption is that by the sheer fact he's a HC at the highest level, he's probably pretty good at it, and his players have said he's great at it

4. are you asking which non-first round players have flourished?  not sure. but there's a bunch of examples if thats what you're asking...currently, Harrison, Davis, Allen, Harris, are all playing very well.  He made careers for guys like Pouha, Leonhard, DeVito, Ropati, Westerman, there's probably more too just cant think of them all right now

3.  Well, therein lies the point.  If you're going to use "motivational ability" as a supporting argument for Rex, you'd have to make the assumption that he motivates players significantly better than your average coach.  I'm just not sure that's true.  That's not a dig on Rex, I just think the "master motivator" argument is nonsense now just as it was with Herm Edwards.

4. Yes, was asking about what non-first rounders.  I think you're being generous with your list, but the overarching point is, I'm not sure Rex is doing anything special in developing players that we would lose were we to replace him.

3.  Well, therein lies the point.  If you're going to use "motivational ability" as a supporting argument for Rex, you'd have to make the assumption that he motivates players significantly better than your average coach.  I'm just not sure that's true.  That's not a dig on Rex, I just think the "master motivator" argument is nonsense now just as it was with Herm Edwards.

4. Yes, was asking about what non-first rounders.  I think you're being generous with your list, but the overarching point is, I'm not sure Rex is doing anything special in developing players that we would lose were we to replace him.

The motivator stuff is really crap. It's a very long season that's preceded by a long training camp and off season. The idea some brilliant speech is going to win NFL games is nonsense on stitts. You win or lsoe with preparation all the way back to OTAs and practice and gameplaning and film.

Stoicsentry, in his garage, repurposing an old hutch to become a new soapbox.

Are you sure he isnt masturbating to a picture of Rex and Woody? it was probably a HUGE release for the guy. hes probablyy cleaning up.

Where was Rex's stout defense today by the way- the offense actually won today's game.

This is where a hated coach (by some) can't win no matter what. The Jets could win 14 games like this, and you guys would call for Rex to be fired, and replace him with the Offensive Coordinator! Only way any of you will be happy is if the Jets win every game 56-0 with 500 yards of offense, and negative 100 yards against, it's a joke!

The Jets beat a bad team at home today, there was 2 broken plays for TD's from a defense with 8 players who didn't start last year, it happens, give it a rest!

The Jets beat a bad team at home today, there was 2 broken plays for TD's from a defense with 8 players who didn't start last year, it happens, give it a rest!

I'd be happy with the win if we hadn't spent the previous 3 weeks getting stomped by beatable teams to the tune of -59 net points, pushing us out of the playoff race and into top 5 pick discussions.

All this W does is help put us back in no-man's land.  Nowhere near being a contender and also quite a distance away from Teddy Bridgewater.

I'd be happy with the win if we hadn't spent the previous 3 weeks getting stomped by beatable teams to the tune of -59 net points, pushing us out of the playoff race and into top 5 pick discussions.

All this W does is help put us back in no-man's land.  Nowhere near being a contender and also quite a distance away from Teddy Bridgewater.

I agree with everything you say here, I just don't agree that it's all Rex's fault, and would like to give him 2 more years with a revamped roster, hate starting from scratch, unless the system is some amazing top notch system, or a great QB comes with the new change its 3 more years of rebuilding, and if that hasn't worked yet rinse repeat, the Jets have been doing this for 45 years, I would like to give the Pitt, NYG, way a try for once.

I agree with everything you say here, I just don't agree that it's all Rex's fault, and would like to give him 2 more years with a revamped roster, hate starting from scratch, unless the system is some amazing top notch system, or a great QB comes with the new change its 3 more years of rebuilding, and if that hasn't worked yet rinse repeat, the Jets have been doing this for 45 years, I would like to give the Pitt, NYG, way a try for once.

In Pittsburgh and with the Giants, the HC seems largely irrelevant.  I've never found Coughlin's approach one that would work in most places, and Tomlin seems like a moron a lot of the time.  The difference are the superior owners and front offices.  

Archived