Unhappy owner is a bad sign for Rex

Jetscode1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiring Bevell isn't about selling his charisma, or lack thereof... it's about selling "hope".

I'm not personally advocating for any of these guys, especially not Gruden, but I am saying that your initial statement about the tickets being sold was short-sighted and stupid.

I'd like to take credit but that tidbit is from this week's edition of jets confidential. Leberfield said they are in great shape financially -- better than ever in fact.

I guess you know more than him though. Email him that he's being short sighted and stupid lol.

I'd like to take credit but that tidbit is from this week's edition of jets confidential. Leberfield said they are in great shape financially -- better than ever in fact.

I guess you know more than him though. Email him that he's being short sighted and stupid lol.

LOL, I didn't say your numbers were off. Way to try and pass the buck... What I basically said was that the rich always look to get richer. So what if the team is financially set? Good business is about STAYING on top, not kicking up your feet when you get on top. Being 10 steps ahead, not resting on your laurels.

Your advocation of "do nothing, because it's all good" has the earmarks of someone that has a short-sighted understanding of business. I don't expect you to understand.

LOL, I didn't say your numbers were off. Way to try and pass the buck... What I basically said was that the rich always look to get richer. So what if the team is financially set? Good business is about STAYING on top, not kicking up your feet when you get on top. Being 10 steps ahead, not resting on your laurels.

Your advocation of "do nothing, because it's all good" has the earmarks of someone that has a short-sighted understanding of business. I don't expect you to understand.

Another ludicrous accusation. I want the moves they make to be in the form of new players. That more than anything is what will help continue to grow the brand.

yeah ok, you guys are right.

Hiring an incredibly charismatic guy like Bevell will ensure those season tickets sell out in light speed. The buzz around this guy is incredible.

As Ricky Ricardo would say, Rex Ryan has been berry berry good for business. If you replace him you better do it with someone like Gruden.

Bevell won't be the coach if Seattle goes deep on playoffs u can't wait that long to hire a coach !!

Woody doesn't care..  all seats are sold and team is in great shape financially.

He bought the team for 625 mill and they're worth around 1.3 billion now. 

Try again.

All the seats aren't sold though.  They definitely skirted the blackout rules.  But the Jets have a really big effort each week to sell all those upper deck seats on a game by game basis.

All the seats aren't sold though. They definitely skirted the blackout rules. But the Jets have a really big effort each week to sell all those upper deck seats on a game by game basis.

I must have read it wrong. But my point there is no better coach imo to sell tix than rex. Adding playmakers and an exciting offense will sell more seats than adding a new coach will.

I really think Idzik plans a massive overhaul the next few months. Exciting times.. and rex deserves the last year of his contract to prove what he can do when given a competent offense.

I must have read it wrong. But my point there is no better coach imo to sell tix than rex. Adding playmakers and an exciting offense will sell more seats than adding a new coach will.

I really think Idzik plans a massive overhaul the next few months. Exciting times.. and rex deserves the last year of his contract to prove what he can do when given a competent offense.

I am on the same Rex page. Get him a QB and the stadium will be loud and proud, with Rex leading the charge.

Another ludicrous accusation. I want the moves they make to be in the form of new players. That more than anything is what will help continue to grow the brand.

Ah, but that's not what you said, is it?

You said the Jets are financially well off, so don't hire Bevell. 

I suppose you'll keep side-stepping, if for no other reason to convince yourself there's ever a reason to say ludicrous.

One of the problems may be that no one better than Rex would even want to work for the Jets. If you think about it from an unbiased perspective, why go to the Jets? The owner meddles, and is cheap. The fans are inpatient at this point. The GM appears to be a moron. Can anyone give me a good reason why, if you were a top candidate you would even interview here? Don't get me wrong, you could probably get another Herm, Rex or Mangini. A guy that has been overlooked a million times or a guy who is still 2 or 3 jobs from being a legit choice. But why would a LEGIT candidate come here?

One of the problems may be that no one better than Rex would even want to work for the Jets. If you think about it from an unbiased perspective, why go to the Jets? The owner meddles, and is cheap. The fans are inpatient at this point. The GM appears to be a moron. Can anyone give me a good reason why, if you were a top candidate you would even interview here? Don't get me wrong, you could probably get another Herm, Rex or Mangini. A guy that has been overlooked a million times or a guy who is still 2 or 3 jobs from being a legit choice. But why would a LEGIT candidate come here?

You can also cross any southern candidates off the list, since New York is a DEN OF INIQUITY filled with irreligious types spouting SWEAR WORDS ALL YANKEE-LIKE

I like Rex and I like Geno.  Geno does fine when he doesn't try to take the team on his shoulders and do it all himself.  Unfortunately when the team still has no quick back like Leon/LaDainian and the receivers are Kerley and some guys Manpower just sent over, Geno doesn't have much choice.

Ah, but that's not what you said, is it?

You said the Jets are financially well off, so don't hire Bevell.

I suppose you'll keep side-stepping, if for no other reason to convince yourself there's ever a reason to say ludicrous.

Your juvenile method of debate is so gosh darn cute.

I did say hiring bevell is a waste. I also said playmakers would draw a crowd.

If you tell me what has you confused I can try and dumb it down for you.

Your juvenile method of debate is so gosh darn cute.

I did say hiring bevell is a waste. I also said playmakers would draw a crowd.

If you tell me what has you confused I can try and dumb it down for you.

Ludicrous, you said no such things over the course of this conversation. I, again, pummel your putrid, dumb face with my greatness.

Rex doesn't sell tickets because Rex makes the team suck. Someone who makes the team not suck will sell more tickets. Rex only got the job in the first place because he was a circus clown who would say crazy sh*t. Now that he's stopped doing that, and he's skinny, and now that his inability to coach a team has been exposed, he's completely ******* worthless.

Rex doesn't sell tickets because Rex makes the team suck. Someone who makes the team not suck will sell more tickets. Rex only got the job in the first place because he was a circus clown who would say crazy sh*t. Now that he's stopped doing that, and he's skinny, and now that his inability to coach a team has been exposed, he's completely ******* worthless.

Rob Ryan made that Dallas defense suck too, amirite?

If Ryan gets punted and we replace half the offense like I suspect we will, it will make my stomach churn to watch you and the other members of the goon squad pat yourselves on the back for "being right". 

Just so you know, replacing the HC is not the reason our offense will be better.  It's because Jeremy Kerley will no longer be far and away our most dynamic receiving threat, and Geno will have had another off season and training camp under his belt.

Rob Ryan made that Dallas defense suck too, amirite?

If Ryan gets punted and we replace half the offense like I suspect we will, it will make my stomach churn to watch you and the other members of the goon squad pat yourselves on the back for "being right". 

Just so you know, replacing the HC is not the reason our offense will be better.  It's because Jeremy Kerley will no longer be far and away our most dynamic receiving threat, and Geno will have had another off season and training camp under his belt.

Part of the process of replacing half the offense, is finding a coach that will inform who the replacements are, and how to use them. Nobody is saying that getting rid of Rex fixes the offense, what most people are saying is that as long as Rex is here he is in the way of fixing the offense. I can't sit here an listen to juvenile arguments like this from you, or the other argument I see here constantly "but, but, but if we get rid of Rex the defense will suck". 

It already sucks.

This entire team sucks, aside from one position group. The defensive line. I"m pretty positive those guys are going to be great for whoever their coach is. 

So, instead of being an advocate of keeping Rex for more of the same, and for the 3rd straight year flushing out a portion of the problem and throwing ad hock solutions at the offense, in a half-hearted way.... I'm an advocate of cleaning house, and hiring a coach that can focus on balance. I don't want to go from one extreme to another, but 5 years of one-dimensional mindset at HC has brought us to being a bottom 10 team. 

Your argument that if you give Rex a QB and play makers then he'll be good is futile, because I believe Rex is an obstacle in acquiring and developing those offensive players we need. Otherwise, don't you think after 5 years we'd have what he needs, not getting further and further from it?

Meh... some people just fear the risk that comes with change I guess. Coward.

Archived