Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jerry Jones had quite enough of the Ryan Experience with Rob.

As if Jerry should be complaining about anyone :)

to OP ---Rex will be a Defensive Coordinator somewhere and that team will no doubt gag him and keep his ass far from the media. Being a HC is more than just fielding a good defense. Notice I didn't call it a great defense ?

He'll be right in Met Life Stadium. Either that, or judging by the polls Woody and Idzik might be watching the games alone, with a few Pats fans

Please. The second Rex is retained, Jets fans will immediately start complaining about the team again. It'll go from "Keep Rex!" to "Hey, the Dolphins are in the playoffs? Why can't we be more like the Dolphins?"

Please. The second Rex is retained, Jets fans will immediately start complaining about the team again. It'll go from "Keep Rex!" to "Hey, the Dolphins are in the playoffs? Why can't we be more like the Dolphins?"

Let me guess T0m now that the Giants have tanked your switching to the Fish

Bill Belichick. argument dismantled. and defensively, he's not as good as Rex.

and please don't give me this "Belichick is different because XYZ." Belichick is different because Tom Brady is possibly the best quarterback in the history of the game. that is the biggest and most important difference.

No way! Look at the way he ruined what would have *surely* been a hall of fame career for Mark Sanchez!

Thats not the point.

The Jets were paying Sanchez regardless and Rex went to the track and put all the Jets money on "Mr Ed" and lost. IMO, it was grounds for firing when it happened and Rex shouldnt be rewarded with a new contract. What player would be next? Something else too is that, Rex ruined Sanchez throwing him into the fire instead of bringing him along like the inexperienced rookie he was.

Thats not the point.

The Jets were paying Sanchez regardless and Rex went to the track and put all the Jets money on "Mr Ed" and lost. IMO, it was grounds for firing when it happened and Rex shouldnt be rewarded with a new contract. What player would be next? Something else too is that, Rex ruined Sanchez throwing him into the fire instead of bringing him along like the inexperienced rookie he was.

Oh, for God's sake, they hardly "threw him into the fire."

He had the best running game and one of the best defenses in the league. That counts as "throwing him into the fire"?

They developed a red light-green light-go system to baby him. That counts as "throwing him into the fire"?

and please don't give me this "Belichick is different because XYZ." Belichick is different because Tom Brady is possibly the best quarterback in the history of the game. that is the biggest and most important difference.

Its not just Brady.

Belichick runs one of the most efficient franchises in the NFL. All the injuries this year and the defense has hung together. A new punter off the street whose been fantastic. The Blount trade is paying off in spades. NE lost both offensive tackles and Mankins has moved to LT and played great. Both starting TEs are gone. The 2013 draft is paying off. Thompkins walked on and is paying off.

Oh, for God's sake, they hardly "threw him into the fire."

He had the best running game and one of the best defenses in the league. That counts as "throwing him into the fire"?

They developed a red light-green light-go system to baby him. That counts as "throwing him into the fire"?

Sanchez wasnt ready.

The Jets won in spite of him. Occasionally,  Sanchez would throw up a good game.

Sanchez wasnt ready.

The Jets won in spite of him. Occasionally,  Sanchez would throw up a good game.

You have seen enough from Sanchez to know that he will never be ready. Just look at the guy, he's an absolute piece of crap as a player. He'll never amount to anything. Maybe if he's lucky he'll be like Clemens: show up 4 years from now and lead some awful team like the Rams to a nice little competitive season. That's about it. He's no Alex Smith.

I couldn't disagree more.  I don't think Belichick has anything left to prove.  The guy is an all-time great coach.  Possibly the best ever.

Its not just Brady.

Belichick runs one of the most efficient franchises in the NFL. All the injuries this year and the defense has hung together. A new punter off the street whose been fantastic. The Blount trade is paying off in spades. NE lost both offensive tackles and Mankins has moved to LT and played great. Both starting TEs are gone. The 2013 draft is paying off. Thompkins walked on and is paying off.

Remember how he was going to take Haynesworth and Ochocinco and turn their careers around?

Archived