Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex can not provide the discipline that team needs - not a good fit

disagree, if a city ever needed a guy like Rex it's Detroit. The discipline issues have been overstated and are more about one guy in Suh than the entire team. Also, Seattle is the most penalized team in the NFL and still a #1 seed. Found that odd when I looked it up. 

Just wondering.

The posters who are in favor of firing Rex even if the Jets beat Miami, and finish 8-8.

How will you react if the Jets fire Rex after an 8-8 season, hire another HC. Next season Smith has another 25 turnovers, and they finish 6-10?

Zero chance. Anyone other than Rex is going 2-14 with this roster.

Just wondering.

The posters who are in favor of firing Rex even if the Jets beat Miami, and finish 8-8.

How will you react if the Jets fire Rex after an 8-8 season, hire another HC.  Next season Smith has another 25 turnovers, and they finish 6-10?

Smith only has 25 turnovers? Wow, it seems like 100.

Just wondering.

How will you react if the Jets fire Rex after an 8-8 season, hire another HC.  Next season Smith has another 25 turnovers, and they finish 6-10?

Also, you seem to be inferring that 8-8 is some magical number and that 7-9 would somehow change a persons point of view? The final record has nothing to do with how Anti-Rex people have formed opinions.

I have stated on this forum, that I expect this team , with a NEW HEAD COACH, and of course a different QB, to make the playoffs next year. If they dont, sure, I will be dissappointed, but how is that different from my feelings that if REX stays, then they definitely will not make the playoffs?

Also, you seem to be inferring that 8-8 is some magical number and that 7-9 would somehow change a persons point of view? The final record has nothing to do with how Anti-Rex people have formed opinions.

I have stated on this forum, that I expect this team , with a NEW HEAD COACH, and of course a different QB, to make the playoffs next year. If they dont, sure, I will be dissappointed, but how is that different from my feelings that if REX stays, then they definitely will not make the playoffs?

Meh.  I said in the beginning of the season to a post T0m made that if the Jets finished 8-8 9-7, Rex stays.  If they finished 7-9 it was a gray area.  

Besides you stated in a previous post that you are a loyal T0m follower.   Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:) 

Meh.  I said in the beginning of the season to a post T0m made that if the Jets finished 8-8 9-7, Rex stays.  If they finished 7-9 it was a gray area.  

Besides you stated in a previous post that you are a loyal T0m follower.   Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:)

Thier isnt?

Seth Walder of the Daily News has Ryan a top candidate for Schwartz' job on the Detroit Lions next year, if Idzik pulls the trigger. If I am not mistaken the Jets play the NFC North next year do they not? What a delicious sub plot to that story. I do not believe Rex will get the position, but Ford is as feeble minded as Johnson any day so it is NOT out of the question. That could be a lot of fun to watch. I am sure NFL Network will be all over it - ALL WEEK LONG. Thoughts, I am sure there will be a bunch.

It will be fun to find out how much Matt Stafford sucks a year from now.

Just wondering.

How will you react if the Jets fire Rex after an 8-8 season, hire another HC. Next season Smith has another 25 turnovers, and they finish 6-10?

Are you better off with Rex going 6-10 next year or a new coach going 6-10?

Seth Walder of the Daily News has Ryan a top candidate for Schwartz' job on the Detroit Lions next year, if Idzik pulls the trigger. If I am not mistaken the Jets play the NFC North next year do they not? What a delicious sub plot to that story. I do not believe Rex will get the position, but Ford is as feeble minded as Johnson any day so it is NOT out of the question. That could be a lot of fun to watch. I am sure NFL Network will be all over it - ALL WEEK LONG. Thoughts, I am sure there will be a bunch.

Wrecks would be busting a nut on a daily basis with Suh and Fairley. And treat that Megatron/Stafford offense like nonpersons.

Just wondering.

I would say that 6-10 is unacceptable, but that doesn't make Rex's 8-8 any better. We have seen enough of Rex to know what he is, an over rated defensive coach, a poor time manager, too loyal to washed up player, and an awful decision maker. Remember this is the guy who told us Tony Sparano was the answer to the offense and that Demario Davis was worse than Bart Scott. With the talent we have on defense, Rex is merely achieving average defensive results.

Just wondering.

That's not the point as to why most of us want Rex Fired its not "just" about the Record. We pretty much understand this team has ignored the offensive side of the ball, or, if not ignored, just did a very poor job on Rex's watch with the offensive talent.

The main reasons posters want Rex fired are numerous. Starting with an undisciplined football team that shows on sundays and that have been progressively getting worse under Rex's watch.

In all honesty Rex inherited a well disciplined team with talent on both sides of the ball that did well his first few years here. A team built by another coach who simply was not getting it done on game day. Rex stepped in and faired well with those players. While you could make the justified argument Rex didn't win a SB due to QB issues most people who want Rex fired could make the argument Rex did nothing for the offense spent numerous draft picks on one side of the ball and left his young QB to Rot with what amounts to bottom third talent. Why did no one in this organization, including Rex, not realize Edwards and Sanchez were beginning to gel nicely ? We all saw that as fans, yet out HC and GM saw differently and brought in a bunch of Thugs to work with a QB who was slightly Improving over the first 2.5 years he was here. He certainly was nothing special and may never be but it can not be disputed he was Improving. In year 3 at one point Sanchez had 20 TD's and 10 Ints. Im not sure why he fell off a cliff after game 10 but he did and make no mistake Holmes and Burress probably had something to say and cause issues I mean we watched as our WR threw a tantrum on the field and basically packed it in. Rex lost that team and Admitted he did not have any idea of the locker room issues. Well I ask ...Where the F@ck was he ??

Back to the discipline is it just our Imagination that this team leads the NFL in pre snap penalties ? The Jets historically have been solid in the penalty dept. yet now they are falling off a cliff.

The guy has been a coach for 5 years ...the learning process should be over yet we still have to hear in year 4 how he was going to get better at his job that he himself said should have been at a higher level. The to start thjis year we went through a bunch of games where Rex wasted timeout after timeout . This team. since Rex has been here, has had MAJOR trouble with substitutions which also waste timeouts. At times we just seem totally unprepared and that's on both sides of the ball.

This was a team that was a few offensive skill players away after the second AFCCG appearance. So the Jets dumped a bunch of important role players, signed washed up old WR's (all now out of Football) and let a once proud OL turn to complete sh*t due to lack of solid replacements at LG and RT and due to lack of depth. After solid Role players like Turner got hurt the Jets did nothing to replace him other than grabbing inexperienced players off other teams practice squads and boy did they stink. This is not how a team that was supposed to contend for a SB should have moved forward. See the Ravens who signed 3 OL while we sat and watched.

A once great running game in 09 and 10 that had guys like Hartsock, Turner, T-Rich, And Woody leading the charge turned to total sh!t yet we insisted on trying to G and P without the important personnel that made it work.

While the personnel decisions are not all Rex's fault I'm damn near positive he had a big say in what this team needed and acquired, every HC does. Especially when your GM is a freaking accountant. Anyone who thinks Rex was not a major player in personnel has his head in the sand.

With all that being said we also have to listen to Rex's incoherent press conferences where he continuously pumps up players which does nothing but make them complacent and make it tough on contract negotiations.

Under Rex this team has been inconsistent and an embarrassment on offense. If you want more of that then yeah re hire Rex or Let him move on to be a DC somewhere else because that's what he should be...He's simply not a good enough to be a HC in the NFL. He's a coach not a HC or Manager.

Just wondering.

Continuity is for losers! Starting fresh again is the secret sauce to winning.

Continuity is for losers! Starting fresh again is the secret sauce to winning.

Actually, continuous mediocrity is for losers.

Once you realize your current HC can't get you to where you need to go, it's time to move on.

While I understand that Jet fans want continuity, lets find a good coach before we get that continuity.

Should we have had continuity with Herm? Mangini? No, same with Rex.

The only somewhat of an argument you can make in the last 20 years is Caroll, and it took him a very long time to become good, he was not very good in NE, and spent a long time at USC first.

Once you realize your current HC can't get you to where you need to go, it's time to move on.

While I understand that Jet fans want continuity, lets find a good coach before we get that continuity.

The only somewhat of an argument you can make in the last 20 years is Caroll, and it took him a very long time to become good, he was not very good in NE, and spent a long time at USC first.

Herm and Mangini? Neither have the resume Rex does. Pete Carroll, the players coach who needed time to transition from DC to HC? Um,..... And do you even realize the talent that Pete had on the roster both at USC and now Seattle? You know what, I like this comparison.

Continuity? From what? the past 3 years? The faster I can get the memory of the past 3 years out of my head, the faster I will be on my way to sobriety.

Continuity? Who comes up with this carp anyway? I like the continuity Philly had with Kelly. He changed freaking everything and has the NUMBER 1 ranked QB in the NFL. Please stop with continutiy, who cares?

Continuity? From what? the past 3 years? The faster I can get the memory of the past 3 years out of my head, the faster I will be on my way to sobriety.

Continuity? Who comes up with this carp anyway? I like the continuity Philly had with Kelly. He changed freaking everything and has the NUMBER 1 ranked QB in the NFL. Please stop with continutiy, who cares?

Serenity! Now!

Herm and Mangini? Neither have the resume Rex does. Pete Carroll, the players coach who needed time to transition from DC to HC? Um,..... And do you even realize the talent that Pete had on the roster both at USC and now Seattle? You know what, I like this comparison.

Pete Carroll reminds me of Rex too.  He's a rah-rah players' coach who is very creative coaching the defensive side of the ball.  He had some tough early years as an NFL coach but, after some time at USC, he seems to have settled in very well in Seattle.

Archived