Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

I agree and it is analagous to your FRANCHISE QB and what the Bears will go through with Cutler. You just dont tag your GUY, just like you dont "tag" your head coach.They are either "your guy" and you traet them as such, or you say, Adios and good luck in your next gig.

You don't seem to understand what the one year extension means. Rex is already under contract to coach the Jets in 2014. The one year extension would have him under contract for 2015 as well, so the Jets would control his rights as a result after next season. It's not analogous to a franchise tag. Letting him play out his current deal would be analogous to a franchise tag.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't seem to understand what the one year extension means. Rex is already under contract to coach the Jets in 2014. The one year extension would have him under contract for 2015 as well, so the Jets would control his rights as a result after next season. It's not analogous to a franchise tag. Letting him play out his current deal would be analogous to a franchise tag.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood, as many on this forum have said, "well, he's under contract, let him finish it out" and then decide.

What your saying is basically an extension, but just for 1 year. Hmmm.... let me think about that.

Really? Because you've made a sh*tload of posts disagreeing with that premise over the last few days. Something about Rex apologists, blah, blah, blech.

Yeah, I used to disagree, but you set me straight with that irrefutable lawyer like explanation where you told me Im just wrong, like, because.

The owner agrees, and would probably throw in the Sanchez extension. That's why Sporano, Tebow, and Tannenbaum are all gone.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

I think Rex will step right into another head coaching job if he's fired, you think he'll get a DC job or wind up on ESPN. But neither of us really know the market. Idzik wouldn't be slapping Rex in the face by offering him another $4-5M guaranteed to coach another year, though. He'd be acknowledging the fact that he gave Rex sh*t to work with this year (the only acknowledgement, really), and that it's worth giving him a shot to work with whatever he can put together next year. From Rex's end, another $4-5M guaranteed is no slap in the face - it's another $4-5M, guaranteed.

I brought up the one year extension option early in the year, and still think it's a viable option for both sides.

Rex stepping into another HC'ing job does not necessarily make him good.

Herm did it, so did Mangini, they both sucked.

It will be a huge step backwards if Rex Ryan is fired because he has willed and motivated the Jets to win and has been the winningest jets coach in the past 10 years plus.

Rex Ryan motivated this team to 7 wins which was unexpected for this team with so little talent offensively. Idzik should let Rex Ryan coach for a 6th season. The owner favors Rex Ryan from what I heard so Rex Ryan needs to be kept as Jets coach.

The one year deal is the jury's still out deal. It makes sense for the GM, if he doesn't have another candidate already in hand. It makes sense for the owner who already likes the coach. And it makes sense for the coach who loves coaching to take another $4-5M to do what he loves doing. It gives the GM breathing room, the coach some extra cash, and all without tying the owner into a huge money guarantee that maybe he isn't even willing to commit to at this time.

Whatever dysfunctional reinforcement thing you have conjured up really doesn't matter. At all. It's business.

.............................................it's been five years. How long is this jury supposed to be out for? Idzik was in the Pacific Northwest, not Narnia.

It will be a huge step backwards if Rex Ryan is fired because he has willed and motivated the Jets to win and has been the winningest jets coach in the past 10 years plus.

Rex Ryan motivated this team to 7 wins which was unexpected for this team with so little talent offensively. Idzik should let Rex Ryan coach for a 6th season. The owner favors Rex Ryan from what I heard so Rex Ryan needs to be kept as Jets coach.

You'd totally fail the GMAT.

5-4. In the drivers seat for playoffs. Coming off a bye week to travel to a lesser Bills team. Get thoroughly embarrassed as they weren't ready nor prepared to play. He deserves to go. Period.

He also put your 7 million dollar QB out there to win the snoopy trophy.

Going forward, would you really trust Rex with your roster if you were Izdk?

He also put your 7 million dollar QB out there to win the snoopy trophy.

Going forward, would you really trust Rex with your roster if you were Izdk?

Hey, pipe down...that's the reason we were 9-2 at home instead of 8-3

Lol get the **** out of here with your bullsh*t Business major. If your going to act condescending towards people with your major, at least have a difficult major, do you guys even take calculus in Business? LMAO.

You should be questioning others education ?

I heard dallas will sacrifice their DC and keep garett because nobody with a HC resume will work for jones

I thought maybe a good spot for rex as well

if you put him on a team with a top 16 offense, where he has nothing to do with the offense, he can coach up the defense enough to make a difference

Yeah, he should have acquired a better QB. Except he's not the GM, so he can't do that.

Excuses for bad performance. The jets calling card. Rex never even knew Sanchez was terrible because he's completely disconnected from his offense. You don't think they would've brought in more competition if Rex had had a clue and pushed for it? Come on.

Archived