Geno impressed me

Jacked4JetsFB

Geno came back pretty strong for his last couple of games after being absolutely atrocious for a few games.

He played a pretty good game today.

I think if he can grow over the offseason, and clean up his mechanics, along with some weapons we may actually have an NFL offense next year.

As negative I have been on Rex, he is coming back and Im not sure that is the wrong thing at this point.

I am kind of excited to see what a strong offseason and player development can mean to this team next year. I think we can be a 10-11 win team next year.

Geno will be an ok QB we need a a real good or great one to be a consistent winner . Go look at the top 4 or 5 teams in both leagues all have great or very good Qb ! Geno is to inconsistent for me misses to many open recivers hold ball to long etc same things he did at WV !

i'm not that impressed with geno. he still makes alot of inaccurate throws. missed a td to nelson. the best you can say about geno these past few days is that he limited his turnovers and ran well

I agree We as jet fans have to start demanding great from this team we are always hopeing for growth aka penny and Sanchez never comes time to demand great from our team

Guys, he should have been on the bench this year, he improved as the year went on.

With a good offseason , I think he can be a decent QB. Not great , but decent.

Ill agree with that and that has to change we need a franchise qb finally ! When I get one we are good for 10+ yrs

It was important for him to show some progress these last two games, and he did. I think we will all be surprised how much better Geno will be next year with some maturity and help offensively.

I am not a big Geno fan...But I think to write him off after 1 year, especially considering it was his true rookie year, could be a bad decision.  He has grown a ton this year - remember back in TC they were worried about him learning the footwork under center?  With a full offseason ahead without having to worry about a coaching/system change, I think we should give him the opportunity to make strides... That being said, we should absolutely also look to bring in a reliable veteran or draft another QB in rds 3 or 4 to compete with him for the job and be a solid backup should he blow up again... 

Guys, he should have been on the bench this year, he improved as the year went on.

With a good offseason , I think he can be a decent QB. Not great , but decent.

I agree he could be a solid NFL starting caliber guy. I think he'll turn into an extremely smart field general type guy. I was sort of hoping for more in the beginning. I'm also not too sure he improved as the season went on but finished the year on a slight upswing.

He needs to be challenged in camp next year.

Geno came back pretty strong for his last couple of games after being absolutely atrocious for a few games.

He played a pretty good game today.

I think if he can grow over the offseason, and clean up his mechanics, along with some weapons we may actually have an NFL offense next year.

As negative I have been on Rex, he is coming back and Im not sure that is the wrong thing at this point.

I am kind of excited to see what a strong offseason and player development can mean to this team next year. I think we can be a 10-11 win team next year.

Really good post.

Totally agree that getting rid of Rex right now is the wrong thing.  They should give Rex the shortest extension they can get away with.  But you can't have a lame duck coach in NY.  And I like the progress from Geno.  He played mistake free football the last two weeks.  He does seem to have some mecahnical issues which can be cleaned up.  That pass to Nelson that sailed high should have been a Touchdown today.  They get to work on that all off season now....

Getting two new WRs is imperative.  Jeremy K and Nelson can provide depth behind them.

the only time I ever dunked in a real game, my high school crush came up to Rochester to see me play (D-III)

I was a man possessed.  my coach asked if she could be there every week, lol

I don't think it's a coincidence he gave out 50 tickets and played well

good for him

the only time I ever dunked in a real game, my high school crush came up to Rochester to see me play (D-III)

I was a man possessed.  my coach asked if she could be there every week, lol

I don't think it's a coincidence he gave out 50 tickets and played well

good for him

Aren't you like 6'7"?   You only dunked once?  Shame.

LOL    I agree with your post.  He gave out 56 tickets, and could see the stadium from his bed room window.  Mom was there.  He played with heart 

Aren't you like 6'7"?   You only dunked once?  Shame.

LOL    I agree with your post.  He gave out 56 tickets, and could see the stadium from his bed room window.  Mom was there.  He played with heart 

and white !!!    I dunked all the time in pick up games, but in a real game, just the one time.  my claim to fame was shattering a backboard my junior year in highschool during gym class. they got collapsible rims after that, lol

I was a true back to the basket center, before the 3 point line, so the lane was always clogged.  I need 3 steps to dunk.  I could "stuff" without 3 steps but that really doesn't count.  I'm talking hurt your wrist and the ball winds up in the hallway near the drinking fountain

Sounds like you're looking through the window right now wishing you where in the party, but you can stay outside in rain with Tom....... nerd

Trust me, it will take nothing short of a SB victory for me to ever get on the Rex bandwagon.

He's still a buffoon who is lucky he has a moron for an owner and a beaten down fan base.

Geno will be an ok QB we need a a real good or great one to be a consistent winner . Go look at the top 4 or 5 teams in both leagues all have great or very good Qb ! Geno is to inconsistent for me misses to many open recivers hold ball to long etc same things he did at WV !

Hey guys, first time poster.

NC - you seem to be ragging on his performance at WVU...truth is he had some pretty good stats while at WVU.  Also many of you seem to be pretty hard on him given what he has to work with and the fact he is a rookie.

Geno Smith WVU Passing Stats

Season Games Comp-Att Yards Comp % TD INT

2009 5 32–49 309 65.3% 1 1

2010 13 241–372 2,763 64.8% 24 7

2011 13 346–526 4,385 65.8% 31 7

2012 13 369–518 4,205 71.8% 42 6

Total 44 988–1,465 11,662 67.4% 98 21

Archived