With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select?

Lupz27

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's okay, he's not coming here anyway. Apparently, the Steelers, who whipped our asses and finished with the same record (yet somehow pick before us) won't let him get past them.

probably would have to trade up a few spots and w/Sudfeld and Winslow returning I'm not sure Idzik does that

Need to watch some more of the two...but Amaro looks solid as well. He plays out of the slot a ton.

The kid from Washington is a stiff though.

I watched every FSU game, Benji could be a beast.

Also watched a lot of Jonhy (I'm not gonna make it in the NFL but I was fun to watch in college) football so I seen a lot of Amora. He could be another match up nightmare.

I watched every FSU game, Benji could be a beast.

Also watched a lot of Jonhy (I'm not gonna make it in the NFL but I was fun to watch in college) football so I seen a lot of Amora. He could be another match up nightmare.

What about Green from FSU? That's my guy.

What about Green from FSU? That's my guy.

My only fear with Greene is if he can be the same player in the NFL.  He beats up sh*tty D's and he's not a particularly physical player.  For someone who hates WR's who cant get off the line, thats my fear with Greene.  Small framed, small WR, who eats up sh*tty competition.  I dont think he'll have the same success in the NFL that he does playing a basketball schedule in college. 

He probably stays anyway knowing all that.

Same here. Was a good pick too!

when you don't have a LT on the roster, and the 4th highest rated player is a LT, and you are picking 4th..........

Blair Thomas :/

ouch. to be fair, that pick wasn't panned too much the day it was made.

Santana Moss

he was electrifying at Miami

Jeff FTMFW Lageman

wow, I had never heard of him when they drafted him

We already have Kerley. We need a big guy like Benji. Big plays, deep threat, goes over the middle and makes tough catches and can block.

True...but having two of them doesnt hurt either. I think he's Victor Cruz....can play the slot and the outside

My only fear with Greene is if he can be the same player in the NFL.  He beats up sh*tty D's and he's not a particularly physical player.  For someone who hates WR's who cant get off the line, thats my fear with Greene.  Small framed, small WR, who eats up sh*tty competition.  I dont think he'll have the same success in the NFL that he does playing a basketball schedule in college. 

He probably stays anyway knowing all that.

Gotcha. we'll see I guess....he's been my guy all year so I have to keep riding with him, but I wasnt expecting Benjamin to dominate like this either.

I think Greene is Victor Cruz though.

Gotcha. we'll see I guess....he's been my guy all year so I have to keep riding with him, but I wasnt expecting Benjamin to dominate like this either.

I think Greene is Victor Cruz though.

Victor Cruz is such a dangerous, if popular, comparison these days. Cruz is good because of his instincts for the position. Really impossible to measure in a collegiate receiver. But "next Cruz" has become the go-to term for every receiver who lacks elite measurable the same way "next Russell Wilson" is the hot new term for mobile, undersized QBs.

Victor Cruz is such a dangerous, if popular, comparison these days. Cruz is good because of his instincts for the position. Really impossible to measure in a collegiate receiver. But "next Cruz" has become the go-to term for every receiver who lacks elite measurable the same way "next Russell Wilson" is the hot new term for mobile, undersized QBs.

I expect Greene in the low 4.4's high 4.3 fwiw. He gets open, attacks the ball in the air and has mad wiggle. He might not go pro though.

I also like the Texas Tech TE more than Ebron. Accomplished a ton today.

I expect Greene in the low 4.4's high 4.3 fwiw. He gets open, attacks the ball in the air and has mad wiggle. He might not go pro though.

I also like the Texas Tech TE more than Ebron. Accomplished a ton today.

I haven't really seen Greene. I didn't mean to contradict your report. I was just thinking I've seen the Victor Cruz comparison a bunch of times already on draft sites.

RE: the TE, it's worth noting that the Eagles under Reid (and Marty) made a lot of JAG-y guys look great at TE. I'm not sure they'd need to use a first on one unless he was an absolute freak. I love me a good TE, though. Helps an offense in so many ways.

I haven't really seen Greene. I didn't mean to contradict your report. I was just thinking I've seen the Victor Cruz comparison a bunch of times already on draft sites.

RE: the TE, it's worth noting that the Eagles under Reid (and Marty) made a lot of JAG-y guys look great at TE. I'm not sure they'd need to use a first on one unless he was an absolute freak. I love me a good TE, though. Helps an offense in so many ways.

Agreed, we could use a great TE, but I don't think it's as important in MM's offense as it is in others. The biggest thing that makes MM's offense, and Reid's go is a L McCoy, J Charles, B Westbrook type of backs, Charles fits any system he is just a freak, but guys like McCoy, and Westbrook didn't/don't have elite speed, but are very shifty, and great in the pass game, get MM one of these type of Recieving backs, and this offense will take a huge step, Goodson was supposed to be that guy, but we didn't see enough of him to know if we can trust him to be that next year, and injury prone, and gangbanger so we should be looking for someone to take over that role in the draft, I like Dri Archer for this role as I've stated many times already.

Agreed, we could use a great TE, but I don't think it's as important in MM's offense as it is in others. The biggest thing that makes MM's offense, and Reid's go is a L McCoy, J Charles, B Westbrook type of backs, Charles fits any system he is just a freak, but guys like McCoy, and Westbrook didn't/don't have elite speed, but are very shifty, and great in the pass game, get MM one of these type of Recieving backs, and this offense will take a huge step, Goodson was supposed to be that guy, but we didn't see enough of him to know if we can trust him to be that next year, and injury prone, and gangbanger so we should be looking for someone to take over that role in the draft, I like Dri Archer for this role as I've stated many times already.

I think McCoy dropped a 4.4 at the Combine, but I get your point. Chris Johnson will be available, too.

johnny

I know, don't think we get a shot at Johnny without trading to 2 with St. Louis, and were not doing that, BUT I do think one of the top 5 guys will still be on the board at 18 when we pick probably Hundley, or Carr, I wouldn't take either in the 1st, but would love to get some extra ammo if a team wants him, and we trade back in that spot, maybe Cleveland grabs a non QB with their 1st pick, and want to move up to grab their franchise QB with their 2nd 1st rounder from Indy.

Archived