Kyle Wilson Named Jets Walter Payton Man of the Year

flgreen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're two entirely different positions, with different skillsets needed to succeed. Very few corner-backs are capable of playing both inside and outside, Revis being one of the few who could do both. Even if Wilson was locking down the outside as a #2, we'd still have to find someone capable of playing the inside. After Manning torched our secondary when he simply avoided Revis and Lito Shephad, it was obvious you needed three solid CBs to play in the AFC with Manning and Brady.

While I agree the Jets had much larger expectations when drafting him, he's still a very solid player for us. As an outside CB, he is not ideal and obviously not worth the first round pick, but I would say he's clearly more than passable as a nickle back, considering he was the best one in the league.

We basically agree on everything, except the relative value of Wilson as a nickel.

He sucks.

Also, five years, zero Pro Bowlers.

Take a garden hose, insert a golfball into the center. Take one end of the hose and hand it Kyle Wilson, the other goes to T0mShane.

Who swallows the golfball? My guess is T0m.

Take a garden hose, insert a golfball into the center. Take one end of the hose and hand it Kyle Wilson, the other goes to T0mShane.

Who swallows the golfball? My guess is T0m.

You can't actually suck a golf ball through a standard garden hose.

Am allowed to post a link to a Craigslist add in my sig? I've got a barely used garden hose and a brand new box of Callaway's only missing one ball Id like to unload. I didn't see this covered in yesterday's ban thread. Thanks

Rex and Tanny bragged on that pick and his next play will be his FIRST. This is a guy who in FOUR YEARS has not yet learned to turn his head around to locate the football. He is pathetic, and is OVERRATED as a slot corner as well.

and there it is. Rex likes him/drafted him = no redeeming football qualities.

There is quantitative analysis of CB or Nickle play, so go ahead and pretend like you have "facts" behind you.

I will go by what I see on the field (agreed, opinion), and it isn't superlative, based on a $2m+ cap hit.

Someone who knows how to navigate PFF can find it, he's consistently rated as one of the best nickel corners in the league by their metrics.

Someone who knows how to navigate PFF can find it, he's consistently rated as one of the best nickel corners in the league by their metrics.

Can't find the exact link, but at one point in November he was leading the league with only 0.38 Yards/Cover Snap in the slot. Pretty sure it was by a wide margin as well.

You can't actually suck a golf ball through a standard garden hose.

Am allowed to post a link to a Craigslist add in my sig? I've got a barely used garden hose and a brand new box of Callaway's only missing one ball Id like to unload. I didn't see this covered in yesterday's ban thread. Thanks

Who plays Calloways? Good luck selling those.

Can't find the exact link, but at one point in November he was leading the league with only 0.38 Yards/Cover Snap in the slot. Pretty sure it was by a wide margin as well.

Which is really incredible considering what WR's are doing in the slot these days and that the corner typically doesnt have safety help and cant use the sidelines as a defender...but yeah, total bust and should be cut because he's not Richard Sherman.

Which is really incredible considering what WR's are doing in the slot these days and that the corner typically doesnt have safety help and cant use the sidelines as a defender...but yeah, total bust and should be cut because he's not Richard Sherman.

Yeah he's great. Extend.

29th pick in the first round. 

Rated #1 at his position.

Who needs a Hello Kitty tissue to wipe their sensitive ducts because he's a "first rounder"? (I'm looking at you T0m)

Tim Tebow was the #1 rated punt protector and you a$$hole wouldn't even give him a tryout.......... double standard?

Kyle Wilson sucking necessitated extending Cro and drafting Milliner. 

when Rex Ryan was hired, Ozzie Newsome made a comment that Rex is desperate for CBs. It's been pretty accurate prediction. The bottom line is Rex can't get enough CBs for his D.  

Archived