Have a good Jets vibe about 2014. Zona in Feb 2015?

SouthernJet

nah..

If my team is still in race (even if I know we suck) it brings a little more electricity to gameday..

come on guys...Bleed Green

I don't know if I have the same 'feeling', but I will say, if Geno takes a step forward and makes his way to just average, this instantly becomes a real team.  Probably not a legitimate contender, but one that could make the playoffs and even win a game while there.  With the cap space and draft picks, the team should be solid enough that competent QB play should result in a real step forward.  If Geno can't improve, then, we'll find ourselves on the outside looking in again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I have the same 'feeling', but I will say, if Geno takes a step forward and makes his way to just average, this instantly becomes a real team. Probably not a legitimate contender, but one that could make the playoffs and even win a game while there. With the cap space and draft picks, the team should be solid enough that competent QB play should result in a real step forward. If Geno can't improve, then, we'll find ourselves on the outside looking in again.

+1

Three things would have to happen, IMO:

1. Geno gets to that 60%--20 TDs--<10 INT level.

2. Ivory goes for 1200

3. Defense returns to top 10 in scoring against.

I aint BSing, I really do. Agree, its hard to justify, but I feel 'something'. And no, I didnt have Chili/peppers last night :)

The table is set, got the fork, the knife, the Luegers, but we don't have the STAKE (good to great QB)!

Find that from the current roster, draft, or FA, and I'm with you.

I commend you for your enthusiasm and optimism, but yesterday was 45 years to the day, since the last time, and after 45 years, "mathematically alive", "we are 0-0 and have a shot", "we are showing improvement"etc etc etc, just aint good enough anymore.

We will be SB possibile competitive yearly starting in 2015 for many years (save injuries)..

Idzik right guy finally IMHO

We will be SB possibile competitive yearly starting in 2015 for many years (save injuries)..

Idzik right guy finally IMHO

I like Idzik more than most, but the last three weeks have been troubling. He screams about keeping Rex, but three weeks later nobody has signed a contract. It reeks of mismanagement.

I like Idzik more than most, but the last three weeks have been troubling. He screams about keeping Rex, but three weeks later nobody has signed a contract. It reeks of mismanagement.

nah,I am sure stuff going on behind scenes, and if not, then f em, Idzik doesnt want them and I support

I'm on the fence on idzik . What he did wasn't hard last year. Cut and redo contracts get some cheap players draft BPA . He has never done this before so really nobody knows his philoshy on team building

SouthernJet: I have a good feeling about the Jets next year.

All of JetNation: I'd just like to remind you that the Jets sucked last year.

Lol.

+1

Three things would have to happen, IMO:

1. Geno gets to that 60%--20 TDs--<10 INT level.

2. Ivory goes for 1200

3. Defense returns to top 10 in scoring against.

Is this what you think it'll take to make the playoffs next year? Or is this what it would take to be a true contender?

I will say that if they get close to #1 & 2 happening, then #3 just happens automatically. If the Jets cut way back on the turnovers and are otherwise controlling the clock, the defense's stats will also greatly improve. They reached the AFCCG, twice, without QB play at that level, which gives me confidence they can do that again. If Geno can take a massive step forward, then I don't even know.

I'm on the fence on idzik . What he did wasn't hard last year. Cut and redo contracts get some cheap players draft BPA . He has never done this before so really nobody knows his philoshy on team building

For the most part, I agree. I've said all along that this coming offseason is when we'll start to learn if Idzik is good at his job or not. It's one thing to cut some obviously bad contracts, and sign a few inexpensive players. It's quite another to have a huge bankroll (and expectations) and spend it wisely.

I aint BSing, I really do. Agree, its hard to justify, but I feel 'something'. And no, I didnt have Chili/peppers last night  :)

Is it possible to plagiarize your own piece of work?

I saw you started this same thread, with the same OP on JetsInsider Board. 

Somehow I feel sad??? :bs_lame:

Didn't you get enough validation on this board? You felt the need to get extra love over there?

To your credit, you did start this thread here.

Is it possible to plagiarize your own piece of work?

I saw you started this same thread, with the same OP on JetsInsider Board. 

Somehow I feel sad??? :bs_lame:

Didn't you get enough validation on this board? You felt the need to get extra love over there?

To your credit, you did start this thread here.

LOL,, every few years I 'try and logon' over there and get the 'Banned for Life' message'..This time ,for some reason, it allowed me in. (I think I was banned for over 8 years)

So I figured I'd post a few things to see if it was a Sooth-trap or something lol

LOL,, every few years I 'try and logon' over there and get the 'Banned for Life' message'..This time ,for some reason, it allowed me in. (I think I was banned for over 8 years)

So I figured I'd post a few things to see if it was a Sooth-trap or something lol

Limolady befriended

Are you always that wrong, LOL

Of course we were in playoff contention till late in season, being serious contender is different issue. You need to polish your semantics.

this team quit in mid season, then played hard when they were out of it.  I am only encouraged by the cap space and the picks.

Someone has been drinking too many Coors Lights. This team is a year or two away from the playoffs, at least.

We were 1 win out of the playoffs with the worst offensive weapons this year. If we were 9-7 the Chargers would have been eliminated from the playoffs and we would have been in. Kerley's injury really hurt us in November. 

With that said, we went 8-8 with a rookie QB, inconsistent guards and no TE's/WR's outside of Kerley. If we pick up a consistent target via free agency or the draft, get some guards who can be consistent and Milliner play like he did in December we'll be in the playoffs next year easy. 

this team quit in mid season, then played hard when they were out of it.  I am only encouraged by the cap space and the picks.

I dont think they really quit. They were just a bad team, with a QB who wilted under the pressure of being told after the the bye that we are 5-4 and a legitimate contender. Once we were eliminated, then he played adequately as the games were meaningless at that point. Not a good sign for this QB.

We were 1 win out of the playoffs with the worst offensive weapons this year. If we were 9-7 the Chargers would have been eliminated from the playoffs and we would have been in. Kerley's injury really hurt us in November.

With that said, we went 8-8 with a rookie QB, inconsistent guards and no TE's/WR's outside of Kerley. If we pick up a consistent target via free agency or the draft, get some guards who can be consistent and Milliner play like he did in December we'll be in the playoffs next year easy.

Doesn't matter what they draft or sign in FA if Geno isn't the goods. Couple that with other teams not going away any time soon and other teams getting better and the Jets probably don't make the playoffs next season. It's not like you bring in special offensive talent and it just clicks with a 2nd year QB who has major issues.

Easy? you dont think Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Miami wont be improved off this season? Add those to the 6 teams that made it and you hardly have Easy? That is unless they expand the playoffs and let everyone in. They may make the playoffs next year but easy? Hardly.

Doesn't matter what they draft or sign in FA if Geno isn't the goods. Couple that with other teams not going away any time soon and other teams getting better and the Jets probably don't make the playoffs next season. It's not like you bring in special offensive talent and it just clicks with a 2nd year QB who has major issues.

If Geno is the starter, and doesnt show drastic improvement, in accuracy, holding onto the ball too long, taking sacks, staring down receivers (sheesh, sounds like i am going over Sanchez's deficiencies), then you are absolutely right, it wont matter if they bring in Jerry Rice and lance Alworth, the Jets will see another season of teeing it up the first week in January.

Whatever, I never seen Peyton playing 1 on 11. Geno needs weapons, you guys can pretend like its simply geno who is the problem yet other teams are "getting better" lol. Just ridiculous. The Jets can get better by providing weapons. People who dont think that weapons are important for Geno can maintain that opinion, just dont expect me to take you seriously. Geno was a game away from the playoffs. I'm not going to act like every team can get better except the jets. 

Whatever, I never seen Peyton playing 1 on 11. Geno needs weapons, you guys can pretend like its simply geno who is the problem yet other teams are "getting better" lol. Just ridiculous. The Jets can get better by providing weapons. People who dont think that weapons are important for Geno can maintain that opinion, just dont expect me to take you seriously. Geno was a game away from the playoffs. I not going to act like every team can get better except the jets. 

Pittsburgh would be my biggest worry to drastically improve. What did they start 0-4, and then were 2-6 and finished 8-8. People talk about the "Jets finish", what about Pittsburgh finish?

Again, they may make it but EASY, for the JETS? Easy? come on.

Easy? you dont think Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Miami wont be improved off this season? Add those to the 6 teams that made it and you hardly have Easy? That is unless they expand the playoffs and let everyone in. They may make the playoffs next year but easy? Hardly.

What kills me about Jet fans is that other teams can always improve by default yet its so hard for the jets to do so. If you want to nitpick words then I retract my "easy" statement. I'll leave it as the Jets will make the playoffs. Why? Because they have every opportunity to get better like the other teams have at getting better by "default" lol. 

Pittsburgh would be my biggest worry to drastically improve. What did they start 0-4, and then were 2-6 and finished 8-8. People talk about the "Jets finish", what about Pittsburgh finish?

Again, they may make it but EASY, for the JETS? Easy? come on.

So? The Jets were 0-4 in november going into december with Kerley's injury and ended the season 3-1. 

What kills me about Jet fans are that other teams can always improve by default yet its so hard for the jets to do so. If you want to nitpick words then I retract my "easy" statement. I'll leave it by the Jets will make the playoffs. Why? Because they have every opportunity to get better than the other teams have at getting better by "default" lol. 

Thank you, you should know that after 45 years, NOTHING is ever EASY for this franchise.

I agree completely that the JETS could make the playoffs next year (all depends on GENO if he is our QB), but it never is and never will be easy in the NFL, unless you have Manning or Brady slinging it.

Whatever, I never seen Peyton playing 1 on 11. Geno needs weapons, you guys can pretend like its simply geno who is the problem yet other teams are "getting better" lol. Just ridiculous. The Jets can get better by providing weapons. People who dont think that weapons are important for Geno can maintain that opinion, just dont expect me to take you seriously. Geno was a game away from the playoffs. I'm not going to act like every team can get better except the jets.

The Jets were a game away from the playoffs after two wins that meant Jack and Crap at the end of the season. Sweet. And all of that in spite of Geno.

The Jets can get better, but at the end of the day it's ultimately on Geno's shoulders and I don't think they're ready or good enough.

Archived