Per Bill Belichick: Wes Welker hit was "deliberate" lol.

Villain The Foe

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/bill-belichick-wes-welker-aqib-talib-pick/

Bill Belichick says Wes Welker deliberately took out Aqib Talib

7.9k shares

TWEET

EMAIL
gty-463806407.jpg?w=640&h=426

(Getty Images)

In his postgame press conference on Sunday, Bill Belichick was his usual gruff self. The New England Patriots coach gave short answers to good questions, shorter answers to silly ones and didn’t talk much about the injury to his best cornerback, Aqib Talib, other than to say it was a “key” loss and that he’d have to review the game film before speaking more about it.

talib-injury-a.gif?w=640

(GIF via The Big Lead)

In the 13 hours since then, Belichick watched the tape and in a Monday morning press conference back in New England, Belichick said he believes Talib’s injury was because of a dirty pick by Wes Welker, the former Patriots wide receiver who signed with the Broncos last year. His statements are as barbed as any you’ll hear from an NFL coach calling out another player.

“One of the worst plays I’ve seen. It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open.”

Belichck then implied he believes Welker should receive a fine from the NFL for running over the middle to pick Talib.

“I’ll let the league handle the discipline. It’s not for me to decide.”

Whether or not the play should have earned a flag, it’s a huge stretch to believe Welker took out Talib with the express purpose of injuring him. The Patriots secondary, and Talib in particular, play aggressive football. Talib’s injury, while unfortunate, was a byproduct of that.

Belichick may truly believe Welker tried to harm one of his players. But to the outside world, his complaints sound like sour grapes.

What a whiny little bitch.  While it was most certainly a pick play, the Pats are the absolute last team who have any place to say a word about that.  Besides, on the actual collision itself, Talib is the one who lowered his shoulder into Welker and frankly, upon impact, Welker looked like the one who took the worse of it.  Granted, Talib ended up getting hurt but acting as though that was at all deliberate is ridiculous.

Can't wait until training camp, after BB trades down four times in the draft and comes away with nothing and they sign a bunch of underachievers in the offseason and the national media blows him and declares the Pats holes filled and how all of his moves were so smart and Brady talks about how 2014 will be different and he has a new dedication for winning a championship and blah, blah, blah and you know, basically the same complete bullsh*t we've been hearing out of Foxboro for the last decade and then have it result in yet another early exit from the playoffs. 

If Bill Belichick were the Jets coach and had won three championships and got caught cheating and then didn't win again for a decade we'd be crucifying him on here, and rightfully so. 

Can't wait until training camp, after BB trades down four times in the draft and comes away with nothing and they sign a bunch of underachievers in the offseason and the national media blows him and declares the Pats holes filled and how all of his moves were so smart and Brady talks about how 2014 will be different and he has a new dedication for winning a championship and blah, blah, blah and you know, basically the same complete bullsh*t we've been hearing out of Foxboro for the last decade and then have it result in yet another early exit from the playoffs. 

If Bill Belichick were the Jets coach and had won three championships and got caught cheating and then didn't win again for a decade we'd be crucifying him on here, and rightfully so. 

AFC championship is an early exit? 

AFC championship is an early exit? 

When the Jets do it, it's "the greatest era in Jets football, we are lucky" ... when the Pats do it, it's "choking, early exit".

Funny really, it's an effort by a Jets fan to troll the Pats fans, but in reality if you read between the lines it implies the Jets fan expects the Pats to win the AFCC game, while with the Jets it's just good fortune enough to have gotten there and lost.

Jets fans even fail in their subconscious. 

When the Jets do it, it's "the greatest era in Jets football, we are lucky" ... when the Pats do it, it's "choking, early exit".

Funny really, it's an effort by a Jets fan to troll the Pats fans, but in reality if you read between the lines it implies the Jets fan expects the Pats to win the AFCC game, while with the Jets it's just good fortune enough to have gotten there and lost.

HAHA.."The monkey, he speaks the truth."

The hypocrisy.

Bill Belli-Ache at it again.

1st the Jet game on the pushing the blocker from behind( the Jets did it in the same Game yada-yada-yada)

Now, they set an illegal pick ( which NE does ALL the time). That's how Deion Branch became such a good receiver (ONLY with the Pats and their pick plays or Rubs!)

I expect the greatest coach of all time and one of the greatest QB's of all time to win every single game they play which makes them losing that much more enjoyable.

You know, actually its refreshing to see Bellichick almost seem human with his ridiculous whining about a play that takes place in every game every day.

It appears to me that the fact that its been so long for them to win it all (for them, NOT the rest of us), is finally starting to get to the Hooded genious, and I for one like his whining as it finally shows a human side of the "walking robot".

Rather than his usual monotione : " I dont know, didnt see it" or "Looked bad from my view", he actually whines and complains, and what makes it even better is that its his former player that he discarded like trash.

No good for Bellichick, showing kinks in his armour, admitting that he is tired of losing these big games, and acting human for a change rather than that stupid hooded imitation of YODA.

I love how this was one of the worst plays BB has ever seen.

You know what the worst play I've ever seen is?  The tuck rule play.

Were you listening to Jay Moher on the radio? Same thing he was saying ALL morning

Were you listening to Jay Moher on the radio? Same thing he was saying ALL morning

No, I dont listen to him.

I just love how they're basically placing this loss on losing him, as if Manning wouldnt have just continued to pick on the other corners...you know, like he was doing before Welker "took him out".

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/bill-belichick-wes-welker-aqib-talib-pick/

Bill Belichick says Wes Welker deliberately took out Aqib Talib

7.9k shares

TWEET

EMAIL
gty-463806407.jpg?w=640&h=426

(Getty Images)

In his postgame press conference on Sunday, Bill Belichick was his usual gruff self. The New England Patriots coach gave short answers to good questions, shorter answers to silly ones and didn’t talk much about the injury to his best cornerback, Aqib Talib, other than to say it was a “key” loss and that he’d have to review the game film before speaking more about it.

talib-injury-a.gif?w=640

(GIF via The Big Lead)

In the 13 hours since then, Belichick watched the tape and in a Monday morning press conference back in New England, Belichick said he believes Talib’s injury was because of a dirty pick by Wes Welker, the former Patriots wide receiver who signed with the Broncos last year. His statements are as barbed as any you’ll hear from an NFL coach calling out another player.

“One of the worst plays I’ve seen. It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open.”

Belichck then implied he believes Welker should receive a fine from the NFL for running over the middle to pick Talib.

“I’ll let the league handle the discipline. It’s not for me to decide.”

Whether or not the play should have earned a flag, it’s a huge stretch to believe Welker took out Talib with the express purpose of injuring him. The Patriots secondary, and Talib in particular, play aggressive football. Talib’s injury, while unfortunate, was a byproduct of that.

Belichick may truly believe Welker tried to harm one of his players. But to the outside world, his complaints sound like sour grapes.

wow.  looks to me like Welker got flattened.  Is it his fault Talib has peanut brittle for bones?

Archived