Rex getting more national praise

Pac

Dude, I totally get that Geno played like crap for much of the season. I do have eyes. 

But this belief you seem to have that the Jets have some diamond in the rough in Matt Simms is mind-boggling to me. He has shown nothing. Preseason performances are 100% meaningless to me as he never played against even a #2 NFL defense. 

The fact that they never gave Simms a shot suggests to me that Simms never showed them anything in practice to suggest that giving him a start would be a worthwhile endeavor. 

To suggest that this was because Rex is afraid to pull the plug or something is also insane as it is not really supported by facts as he benched Sanchez for Clemens for game in Sanchez's rookie season after he threw five picks against the Bills. Clemens was less than inspiring in a win and they went back to Sanchez, as being the 5th overall pick in the draft the entire organization clearly had a lot invested in him at the time was going to give him every chance to fail as a result. Which is something every other team and coach in the NFL would have done in that particular situation. 

Not saying Simms was the 2nd Coming of Kurt Warner. merely not giving him 1 week practice with the 1s and a game to play crappy Geno Smith was stupid and scared.Roll the goddamn dice.  if Geno is so weak getting spelled for a week breaks his precious confidence, he doesn't deserve an NFL paycheck anyway.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not let you two revisionists attempt to place Sanchez on the same level as Chad. Chad was far more accurate even before he was hurt, ran a nice offense and was a Rhodes Scholar. Sanchez did not develop, he actually regressed, had all his physical faculties at all points and then ran into his lineman's ass. 

Let's see how Sanchez recovers from this injury and see if he can even start for another club, let alone make the playoffs and, let's face it we all know he's never going to be a threat to Chad's NFL accuracy record.

Wow, you have to feel terrible for CHAD. Anytime , anyone even gets mentioned as comparable to arguably one of the worst high drafted starting QB's in NFL history, has to be a kick in the butt. Sanchez holds some of the all-time worst stats, and in some cases is in fact the leader in stats that measure how actually awful you are, or in his case was.

Pennington, though no superstar, was so much better at playing the position of QB, than buttfumble, that it really is not worth discussing. I'm just amazed that after witnessing those 4 years of Sanchez and how awful they were that anyone could make comparisons to Chad.

Bottom line:  Jets are an awful org at evaluating QB's.

This is without question. When that poster put up the last dozen years of JETS QB drafts, I just about fell out of my seat. That list was a complete abomination of how to draft a QB. The names on that list were frightening. I had completely forgotten about Eric Ainge and Browning Nagle.

Not saying Simms was the 2nd Coming of Kurt Warner. merely not giving him 1 week practice with the 1s and a game to play crappy Geno Smith was stupid and scared.Roll the goddamn dice.  if Geno is so weak getting spelled for a week breaks his precious confidence, he doesn't deserve an NFL paycheck anyway.

Matt Simms dude. 

Matt Simms. 

Sounds more like a waste of time to me.

Odd, but Pennington only played with Moss his Sophomore year, and had better numbers in his Junior and Senior years, but please, do carry on.

Most of Chads problems came after shattering his shoulder into mouse guts. Never blessed with a strong arm, but still able to get it down the field adequately BEFORE his 3 or 4 shoulder destructions. After that he had to become a dink and dunk out of necessity, but one thing that dude had was the 6 inches between his ears, as he was easily the smartest QB the JETS have ever had, and compared to the two guys we just witnessed, the dude looks like a guy who could land space ships on Jupiter.

Most of Chads problems came after shattering his shoulder into mouse guts. Never blessed with a strong arm, but still able to get it down the field adequately BEFORE his 3 or 4 shoulder destructions. After that he had to become a dink and dunk out of necessity, but one thing that dude had was the 6 inches between his ears, as he was easily the smartest QB the JETS have ever had, and compared to the two guys we just witnessed, the dude looks like a guy who could land space ships on Jupiter.

Agree with everything you say here. The injuries were difficult for Chad to come back from, and that combined with teams knowing what he could and could not do well was a double whammy.

I remember watching a MAC Championship game played in the rain and the wind, and Chad was throwing the ball 35 yards down field with ease.

To say that Randy Moss made his college career is lazy analysis.

Nope.

Pennington looked like Joe Montana in 2002, his first year as a starter, right up until he faced the Raiders in the divisional playoffs, and they crushed him. He completed less than 45% of his passes that day for less than 4 ypa. He was never a threat again after that. The injuries just compounded the problem.

Nope.

Pennington looked like Joe Montana in 2002, his first year as a starter, right up until he faced the Raiders in the divisional playoffs, and they crushed him. He completed less than 45% of his passes that day for less than 4 ypa. He was never a threat again after that. The injuries just compounded the problem.

Enough of a threat for Parcells to scarf him up and win the division, after the Jets discarded him like trash. And he won that division with basically half a right shoulder, but with an IQ double what the rocket scientists we have had slinging it lately.

Enough of a threat for Parcells to scarf him up and win the division, after the Jets discarded him like trash. And he won that division with basically half a right shoulder, but with an IQ double what the rocket scientists we have had slinging it lately.

Ronnie Brown and the Wildcat won them the division.  With a major assist from Bernard Pollard.

Nope.

Pennington was injured the first half of 2003 with the fractured wrist and hurt his shoulder mid-way through 2004. 

Her never really had a chance to put up full season numbers again.

He was brittle

And all it took was the division's 2 far superior QBs to get hurt for it to even be possible (ironic, huh?).  Which was a season then capped off with yet another of Chadwick's trademark embarrassingly horrible playoff performances, the 4th such performance of his (3rd consecutive), and the ultimate end of his decidedly mediocre (but awful when needed most) NFL career.

The Jets getting complete dogsh*t play at QB from others doesn't in any way change all of that.  Especially when even Sanchez's sorry ass proved to be a more capable playoff QB, and that's not even intended as the slightest degree of compliment to Sanchez.

And all it took was the division's 2 far superior QBs to get hurt for it to even be possible (ironic, huh?).  Which was a season then capped off with yet another of Chadwick's trademark embarrassingly horrible playoff performances, the 4th such performance of his (3rd consecutive), and the ultimate end of his decidedly mediocre (but awful when needed most) NFL career.

The Jets getting complete dogsh*t play at QB from others doesn't in any way change all of that.  Especially when even Sanchez's sorry ass proved to be a more capable playoff QB, and that's not even intended as the slightest degree of compliment to Sanchez.

Sorry, I just cant discuss Sanchez and Pennington in the same post. Its like discussing Parcells and Kotite in the same post. Bad for Coors lite induced nausea.

Sorry, I just cant discuss Sanchez and Pennington in the same post. Its like discussing Parcells and Kotite in the same post. Bad for Coors lite induced nausea.

Unless you're referring to the respective QBing skills of Parcells and Kotite, you really should have more strictly stuck to your claim that you couldn't discuss it, because you're really not helping your cause here.

Oh, and pretty sure that nausea is caused by the coors light itself, not that anyone can blame you.

Where did Ronnie Brown finish in mvp voting that year? Cause Chad was # 2.

Chad was #2 in the MVP voting? Wow, I didn't know that. Not bad for a guy discarded like trash and  had a rotator cuff held together by Super glue. Damn, that Parcells, always made the right move.

By the way, who won it? Peyton, Rodgers?

Chad was #2 in the MVP voting? Wow, I didn't know that. Not bad for a guy discarded like trash and had a rotator cuff held together by Super glue. Damn, that Parcells, always made the right move.

By the way, who won it? Peyton, Rodgers?

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=3805684&src=desktop

Let's not make like he was even close to winning. And this was the year that Tom Brady missed the entire season.

Isn't just about everything bad for that?  Hell, just thinking about Coors Light is making me want to puke.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=3805684&src=desktop

Let's not make like he was even close to winning. And this was the year that Tom Brady missed the entire season.

Yeah yeah, but again, who won it? The guy finishes 2nd, I ask who won it, and you use it to badmouth a guy who won the division with a  shoulder analogous to a rubber band. WHO WON? I will guess again: Peyton, Rodgers, Brees?

Where did Ronnie Brown finish in mvp voting that year? Cause Chad was # 2.

So a couple of nerdy, nonathletic sports reporters threw the nerdy, nonathletic QB a bone? Big surprise. 

Miami played the easiest schedule in league history that season riding the wild cat, solid defense, dink and dunking, and a plethora of west coast teams coming east for a 1pm game, only to get exposed in the playoffs against a good team. Anyone who watched that game knows Chad looked like a little girl competing against grown men, he was physically over matched and looked helpless.. I imagine you spent the whole game drying your tears with one of the tissues from jif's bra

So a couple of nerdy, nonathletic sports reporters threw the nerdy, nonathletic QB a bone? Big surprise. 

Miami played the easiest schedule in league history that season riding the wild cat, solid defense, dink and dunking, and a plethora of west coast teams coming east for a 1pm game, only to get exposed in the playoffs against a good team. Anyone who watched that game knows Chad looked like a little girl competing against grown men, he was physically over matched and looked helpless.. I imagine you spent the whole game drying your tears with one of the tissues from jif's bra

mreed.jpg

Archived