Mark Sanchez

Smashmouth

sets us back from what? not like we are speeding down the highway and this will throw up the parking brake.

This team went 8-8 with a crap QB and crap players around him on offense.  We can use the draft to improve, as most good teams do.  Getting Manziel puts us 'all-in' on him.  Meaning, we don't upgrade the team around him through the draft this year, and probably not much next year.  Don't know if Geno will ever improve.  Do think that giving up everything for a questionable at best prospect is not the right idea at the moment.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team went 8-8 with a crap QB and crap players around him on offense.  We can use the draft to improve, as most good teams do.  Getting Manziel puts us 'all-in' on him.  Meaning, we don't upgrade the team around him through the draft this year, and probably not much next year.  Don't know if Geno will ever improve.  Do think that giving up everything for a questionable at best prospect is not the right idea at the moment.

Interesting you state " this team went 8-8 with a CRAP QB" but when it is suggested that we draft a QB, like Manziel, you balk. Stating that our QB is "crap" and then nixing the idea of drafting a QB seems to be counterproductive to your argument, don't you think?

Interesting you state " this team went 8-8 with a CRAP QB" but when it is suggested that we draft a QB, like Manziel, you balk. Stating that our QB is "crap" and then nixing the idea of drafting a QB seems to be counterproductive to your argument, don't you think?

Saying that Geno was not good last year and that we shouldn't trade a kings ransom for Manziel are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not that excited to give up two first rounders and more for a guy who throws jump balls off his back foot regularly to a WR who was a man against boys for the most part.

i was being flippant--also technically, setting us back 5 years would be a good thing since we were in the afc championship. ;)

Saying that Geno was not good last year and that we shouldn't trade a kings ransom for Manziel are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not that excited to give up two first rounders and more for a guy who throws jump balls off his back foot regularly to a WR who was a man against boys for the most part.

OK, so then what do you want to do at QB?

Bring in a vet and draft one in the mid-rounds?

Hope that one falls to #18, or move up a couple spots to get one?

Stick with what we have?

OK, so then what do you want to do at QB?

Bring in a vet and draft one in the mid-rounds?

Hope that one falls to #18, or move up a couple spots to get one?

Stick with what we have?

Option 1, bring in a vet and draft one in the mid rounds.

Also, I want Geno starting.  I don't think his career is sealed based on one year.  He had bad WRs to start, and they were injured.  It's not a shock that his production dropped while Kerley was out.  At that point, he didn't have a signal NFL quality WR out there.

Build the rest of the team this year.  There's a ton of cap space and draft picks to do so.

Then, if we flop this year, we make a move if necessary to draft one of the 3-4 QBs who are all projecting to be better than any who are in this draft.

Option 1, bring in a vet and draft one in the mid rounds.

Also, I want Geno starting.  I don't think his career is sealed based on one year.  He had bad WRs to start, and they were injured.  It's not a shock that his production dropped while Kerley was out.  At that point, he didn't have a signal NFL quality WR out there.

Build the rest of the team this year.  There's a ton of cap space and draft picks to do so.

Then, if we flop this year, we make a move if necessary to draft one of the 3-4 QBs who are all projecting to be better than any who are in this draft.

Seriously, I asked this of TOm, and never got a response. Who are the others besides Winston and Mariota? Maybe the Hogan kid from Stanford? or the kid from Oregon state?

Seriously, I asked this of TOm, and never got a response. Who are the others besides Winston and Mariota? Maybe the Hogan kid from Stanford? or the kid from Oregon state?

I'm probably the wrong person to talk to, because I don't take a ton of interested in college football until I'm looking at draft prospects.  But, I've heard names like Hundley as well.  I think the kid from Baylor is supposed to be good too.

You mean my comment where I compared arguably the two most overrated QB prospects in recent years.....

We wont know about Manziel until he actually takes some NFL snaps so maybe you can keep those predictive comments at bay until that actually happens. Everyone knew Tebow was a mistake and no one had him going any where near the first round other than the Moron who drafted him. manziel has some saying he goes number 1 over all I would say that's a WORLD of difference whether you agree or not the 2 QB's are light years apart.

And for those aying manziel was throwing to "men among boys" might take a good hard look at just about every top QB prospect who eat the college ranks for lunch in just about every aspect of the game on offense and talent is the biggest part of that equasion for them. Geno Smith threw 46 TD's in College we can see how that translated

We wont know about Manziel until he actually takes some NFL snaps so maybe you can keep those predictive comments at bay until that actually happens. Everyone knew Tebow was a mistake and no one had him going any where near the first round other than the Moron who drafted him. manziel has some saying he goes number 1 over all I would say that's a WORLD of difference whether you agree or not the 2 QB's are light years apart.

And for those aying manziel was throwing to "men among boys" might take a good hard look at just about every top QB prospect who eat the college ranks for lunch in just about every aspect of the game on offense and talent is the biggest part of that equasion for them. Geno Smith threw 46 TD's in College we can see how that translated

I predicted Tebow was gonna suck. I was right about that. 

Seeing as Manziel will likely be a first round pick, there is like a 70% chance he will suck regardless. I feel pretty confident making this prediction. 

I predicted Tebow was gonna suck. I was right about that. 

Seeing as Manziel will likely be a first round pick, there is like a 70% chance he will suck regardless. I feel pretty confident making this prediction. 

Klecko everyone but Skip Bayless predicted Tebow was gonna suck so I would not hang my hat on that stellar prediction. Could Manziel turn out as you say ? Sure but I don't see that in him ...if you watch his tape and see how he scans the field when in the pocket he is certainly capable of getting the job done in the pocket. His awareness in the pocket is fantastic, his ability to roll out and throw the football is top notch as is his scrambling ability when plays break down he has the uncanny ability to make something out of nothing So hes 5-10 180 .....bet if he was 6-1 210 we would not be having this conversation so once again lets let measurables dictate.

I'm probably the wrong person to talk to, because I don't take a ton of interested in college football until I'm looking at draft prospects.  But, I've heard names like Hundley as well.  I think the kid from Baylor is supposed to be good too.

Ahh, yes, the kid from Baylor is quite impressive. Hundley right now, is on my do NOT touch list.

Sanchez was fairly successful when he had Dbrick mangold Faneca Moore woody in front of him. He had a top three line which gave him a top three running game and he had Braylon, Cotchery and Holmes to boot, plus Tony Richardson and later LT. the Jets now have a bottom 1/3 offensive line, less time for routes to get open less time to throw and are basically receiverless. It'll take a lot more than either geno or Sanchez to make this team a real contender in the next two years.

Sanchez was fairly successful when he had Dbrick mangold Faneca Moore woody in front of him. He had a top three line which gave him a top three running game and he had Braylon, Cotchery and Holmes to boot, plus Tony Richardson and later LT. the Jets now have a bottom 1/3 offensive line, less time for routes to get open less time to throw and are basically receiverless. It'll take a lot more than either geno or Sanchez to make this team a real contender in the next two years.

He really never was fairly successful. In fact, the year you may think he was, that also proved to be his best year statistically, was the one in which he had an inordinate amount of dropped interceptions that were as predictive as they appeared.

This should be the post of the year.

Clostridium Sanchezilitis: Gram negative bacteria, highly contagious.

Origin: Seems to be prevalent in the Southern California area, particularly virulent strain seen at USC

Symptoms: causes severe color blindness, loss of motor function, and acute fondness of 15 year old berets

Cures: So far, bacteria has shown amazing resistance to any coaching, Quarantine is only way to keep disease from spreading 

Origin: Seems to be prevalent in the Southern California area, particularly virulent strain seen at USC

Symptoms: causes severe color blindness, loss of motor function, and acute fondness of 15 year old berets

Cures: So far, bacteria has shown amazing resistance to any coaching, Quarantine is only way to keep disease from spreading

Lmfao

So that makes him 1 for 2. Chad was Great, Sanchez sucked.

What was it Chad was so inordinately great at? Chad Pennington was great at the line with a hard count. Great and Chad in the same sentence ended with the snap of the football.   

What was it Chad was so inordinately great at? Chad Pennington was great at the line with a hard count. Great and Chad in the same sentence ended with the snap of the football.   

Smart, accurate, great decisions, and a fierce competitor. ANY QB drafted by the great BILL PARCELLS (who hated drafting Qbs in the 1st), had to have that it factor, and when Parcells scarfed him up when the Jets discarded him like trash, he went 11-5 with the Phins and won the division, while the JETS were dealing with some over the hill, half lame has-been. Another genious move by this franchise.

Cause: Facial contact with another man's ass at high speeds.

Smart, accurate, great decisions, and a fierce competitor. ANY QB drafted by the great BILL PARCELLS (who hated drafting Qbs in the 1st), had to have that it factor, and when Parcells scarfed him up when the Jets discarded him like trash, he went 11-5 with the Phins and won the division, while the JETS were dealing with some over the hill, half lame has-been. Another genious move by this franchise.

:rl: 

Pennington ******* sucked. 

Very sad for those that care about the victim and their well being and future success. It's a tough thing to watch, really. I feel so helpless.

This disease must have been in the Southern California region for along time. Guys like Marinovich, Haden, lienert, Peete etc all had cases of it but it wasn't until SANCHEZ and his explicit manifestation of the signs and symptoms, that reasearchers were able to isolate the disease. The final discovery was 2 thanksgiving's ago when they realized it could be butt transmitted.

Archived