Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

1. Howard is an average player whom Jets fans overrate because of who he replaced.

2. No one knows how Aboushi will play in his second year after a full season in an NFL weight training program.

T0m the guy was horrible last year during preseason.  I mean really horrible.  Like he had never been on a football field before.  

He's not going to be ready to start this year

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we only draft offense, then we better get moving signing defensive players right now.

If they sign Revis and Ware I'd be happier than I thought I could be.

Think of that defense... Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson up front - Coples, Davis, Harris, Ware - Milliner (hopefully the end of the season Milliner) Ed Reed/Antonio Allen, Dawan Landry, and Revis

This might be the best defense we have ever had.

Then we just go pretty much all offense in the draft. I'd love this.

There are lots of lineman left in free agency and lots of good ones in the draft this year as well. If not signing Howard means the Jets get say, Ware and/or Revis later then I'll take it. I'm glad they didnt overpay Howard. 

T0m the guy was horrible last year during preseason. I mean really horrible. Like he had never been on a football field before.

He's not going to be ready to start this year

He lacked strength and got pushed around, though. He's had a calendar year to spend in a weight room. If he comes to camp at 315 lbs, he's your RT. I'm sure Idzik knows what type of shape he's in. Hell, that's how we got Howard in the first place.

Think of that defense... Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson up front - Coples, Davis, Harris, Ware - Milliner (hopefully the end of the season Milliner) Ed Reed/Antonio Allen, Dawan Landry, and Revis

Still 4 of the worst cover guys ever up the middle, and no money to spend on offense.

I'm with you on that plan. Possible to add a few vet WR's and OL too.

So why are all these guys getting paid 7+ million? These GM's must be idiots

The Cardinals think Veldheer can play LT for them, and that they can be a playoff team if they can keep Carson Palmer's PTSD under control. The Raiders are just idiots.

They would still have money we haven't cut Sanchez yet.

I understand what you're saying, I just personally hate switching up more than 1 offensive lineman in a single year. When you do that, the only time I'm comfortable with it is if at least 1 guy is a clear upgrade.

Continuity is the best thing you can give an OL, but not at the expense of overpaying Howard and Colon, IMO. The Jets are thinking of the future, as they should.

Still 4 of the worst cover guys ever up the middle, and no money to spend on offense.

So should we just sign someone for the sake of signing them? There is no guaranteed super star WR or TE on the market, the best in my opinion is Nicks, but he has questionable health concerns, I'd be happy if we got him at the right price, but I'd be disappointed if the front office thought signing Decker and Tate would solve our offensive woes, I think Decker is largely a product of Manning, and Tate is more of a slot guy and we have a very good slot guy already in Kerley. Go after Nicks or no one, and then draft two more WRs and a TE high in the first 3 rounds.

We were hearing more rumors about the Jets yesterday than we are today. I really don't get it.

Because the rumors have stopped and players have started signing or plan on signing.   And the Jets don't seem to be in many of those conversations.  Can't really start rumors when the team seems to be the odd team out for many players.

Isn't Ware like 32 when the season starts, and had 6 sacks last year?

Yes and yes...what's your point?  He was battling a pec injury all season.  He's an instant 15 sacks in this defense.

Be careful the haters are out on this one. It seems anything good they hate.

Haters dont scare me.  I smack T0m around all the time.

Ware replacing Michael Bennett in Seattle would be tight.

Ware replacing Pace would be tight.  Fag.  Go root for the Seahawks and your boo Bevell.

Archived