Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting strategy by Idzik, it's almost like he recognizes how many problems we have so he's waiting until everyone spends half of their cash, just to see which players offer the best overall value.

On the other hand, he claimed that free agency was about need and the draft was about BPA, not the other way around.

I notice that no WR's or TE's are off the board so far.

So means nothing a visit ok if we take Byrd out of the equation with Revis and Ware we could go with Allen and Landry and still bring Ed Reed back for another year.

I didn't know that Dan Snyder's 12 year old son was a Jets fan.

For all of this Revis-Patriots talk, what reason would Revis want to go there specifically other than to stick it to the Jets? People just assume he wants to stick it to the Jets, but Revis never indicated that this was his attitude, and never seemed like the type of player who would want to put himself in the domineering locker room of a Belichick. I'm sure he didn't like Schiano's style which was similar. By Thursday night or Friday morning, if the Jets do not sign Verner, I expect Revis to be back on the Jets. It makes sense for both parties if Revis realizes he can't be paid 16 mil a year to play CB.

Very interesting strategy by Idzik, it's almost like he recognizes how many problems we have so he's waiting until everyone spends half of their cash, just to see which players offer the best overall value.

On the other hand, he claimed that free agency was about need and the draft was about BPA, not the other way around.

I notice that no WR's or TE's are off the board so far.

The only players who signed that Jets fans should be bummed about are Schwartz and Asomoah. Vontae Davis would have been nice, but giving him long-term security is a death wish.

For all of this Revis-Patriots talk, what reason would Revis want to go there specifically other than to stick it to the Jets? People just assume he wants to stick it to the Jets, but Revis never indicated that this was his attitude, and never seemed like the type of player who would want to put himself in the domineering locker room of a Belichick. I'm sure he didn't like Schiano's style which was similar. By Thursday night or Friday morning, if the Jets do not sign Verner, I expect Revis to be back on the Jets. It makes sense for both parties if Revis realizes he can't be paid 16 mil a year to play CB.

That is a great point. Doubt Revis would want to go follow Schiano to the Pats. Cleveland, Oak, Phili might be the Jets only real competition for Revis.

Don't we need at least 1 reliable WR? I think we need Tate or Decker more than a guy like Ware.

We would be overpaying for both I think. If there isn't top tier talent, we have no business dishing out top tier money. If we go this entire free agency, and don't sign one of the top FA WRs available, I wouldn't be so upset, provided we essentially only draft offense or trade for someone like Miles Austin

The only players who signed that Jets fans should be bummed about are Schwartz and Asomoah. Vontae Davis would have been nice, but giving him long-term security is a death wish.

That OL becomes a major concern to us with the big names off the board and Howard visiting Oakland.

We would be overpaying for both I think. If there isn't top tier talent, we have no business dishing out top tier money. If we go this entire free agency, and don't sign one of the top FA WRs available, I wouldn't be so upset, provided we essentially only draft offense or trade for someone like Miles Austin

If we only draft offense, then we better get moving signing defensive players right now.

That OL becomes a major concern to us with the big names off the board and Howard visiting Oakland.

1. Howard is an average player whom Jets fans overrate because of who he replaced.

2. No one knows how Aboushi will play in his second year after a full season in an NFL weight training program.

Thank it is silly to get involved in the bidding the first 12 hours of FA, but all these OL flying off the board so quickly is very scary. And for big money IMO

If I was Idzik I'd eat a bit of crow and  get on the horn to Hunter, and pay him before his plane lands

1. Howard is an average player whom Jets fans overrate because of who he replaced.

2. No one knows how Aboushi will play in his second year after a full season in an NFL weight training program.

I understand what you're saying, I just personally hate switching up more than 1 offensive lineman in a single year. When you do that, the only time I'm comfortable with it is if at least 1 guy is a clear upgrade.

Archived