vick coming to visit today per twittah

Lizard King

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, like some of the posters, I will be extremely unhappy if they sign Vick.  I might not be able to root for the Jets if they do.  When Vick first came out of prison, most teams publicly said they would not sign this guy, and with the Jets, at the time, saying they were one of these teams, I was proud of my team and that they took the high road.  there was basically one team that took the low road, the Eagles.  Now that he is done with the Eagles, even now, most teams have not tried to sign Vick. 

I know alot of people are ok with this, but we all have our different morals.  Some fans would be ok with the Jets signing Hernandez, a murderer.  Some ok with wife beaters.  Some ok with dog killers.  Some ok with drug offenses.

I personally draw my line at dog murderers.  I do not think I can have my children, groomed as jet fans, cheering for someone who strangled his hands with his own to bare hands.

Sorry, this will be my last rant about Vick.  If he signs, I will be heart broken and have to root for another team.

when he comes in and start winning games i can't wait to see the immediate flip flop around here

Not for me.  My morals comes before the Jets winning games.  My morals do not allow me, or for more children, to root for someone who strangled dogs. Even Woody has said in the past that the Jets winning is not his most important wish.

Plus, Vick possibly could win games for the Jets, but it will only be 6 games because he will be hurt for half the season, and be one of the highest paid people on the bench or recumbent bike

I don't want Vick coming here.  I don't like Vick.  I love dogs.  There is no possibility of ever forgiving or forgetting this.  But if they sign him I will not abandon my team.  I probably won't mind seeing him get his head knocked off.  And he will, because he is shot.  And I think it is a bad football decision on their part.  But the jets are my team and I will just shut up and keep on rowing.  We fans are little more than galley slaves, when you come right down to it. Chained to our oars.

Yes that reflects how I feel- I just do not think he the right person to bring in knowing the choices are not that good

Ugh, like some of the posters, I will be extremely unhappy if they sign Vick.  I might not be able to root for the Jets if they do.  When Vick first came out of prison, most teams publicly said they would not sign this guy, and with the Jets, at the time, saying they were one of these teams, I was proud of my team and that they took the high road.  there was basically one team that took the low road, the Eagles.  Now that he is done with the Eagles, even now, most teams have not tried to sign Vick. 

I know alot of people are ok with this, but we all have our different morals.  Some fans would be ok with the Jets signing Hernandez, a murderer.  Some ok with wife beaters.  Some ok with dog killers.  Some ok with drug offenses.

I personally draw my line at dog murderers.  I do not think I can have my children, groomed as jet fans, cheering for someone who strangled his hands with his own to bare hands.

Sorry, this will be my last rant about Vick.  If he signs, I will be heart broken and have to root for another team.

Literally no one has ever said they'd be ok signing Hernandez. 

Dog guys don't have to try and strengthen their arguments with ludicrous claims.  It undermines everything else you say.

Although I personally don't care, understanding how many Jets fans do, and the utter chaos that would swirl from it, I'd be really disappointed w the signing.

Unless he comes out of the gate and does well in Marty's system, Jets start 3-0; then "everybody likes Mike"

Literally no one has ever said they'd be ok signing Hernandez. 

Dog guys don't have to try and strengthen their arguments with ludicrous claims.  It undermines everything else you say.

You missed my point  .I never said people would be ok with it, although there probably are some people who put winning games above their morals.

I only brought up the example to show people that everyone has different lines in the sand.  That is why I lised other possible scenarios, to make the point

That's not a typo, folks. "Sources close to Vick tell us ... Mike is very serious about rocking No. 7 next season, no matter which team signs him," the site wrote. "Besides the fact he wore No. 7 in college and all throughout his pro career, Vick also has a clothing line called V7 -- and he's dead serious about sticking with his number. ... We're told the jersey situation is not an absolute dealbreaker -- but it will be a "big issue" in negotiations."

That's not a typo, folks. "Sources close to Vick tell us ... Mike is very serious about rocking No. 7 next season, no matter which team signs him," the site wrote. "Besides the fact he wore No. 7 in college and all throughout his pro career, Vick also has a clothing line called V7 -- and he's dead serious about sticking with his number. ... We're told the jersey situation is not an absolute dealbreaker -- but it will be a "big issue" in negotiations."

Fascinating.

No dice Geno Smith wears #7 sorry.

Screw Vick and all, but I also saw this:

Source: Number 7 is the last thing on Vick’s mind

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT

TMZ has reported that Mike Vick wants No. 7, if he signs with the Jets. In response to the TMZ report, a source close to Vick says that Vick doesn’t care about the number he’d be wearing in New York.

“It’s the last thing on his mind,” the source said.

It’s the right attitude. The number doesn’t matter, especially at this stage of Vick’s career. He’s far more concerned about finding the right fit and having the best chance to play, since this is likely his last chance to be a starter and make a difference in the NFL.

So Smith can keep No. 7. Vick, as we surmised, would be far more interested in taking Smith’s job.

No matter what comes of this Vick situation, the Jets are not doing right by Mark Sanchez and it makes the organization look awful. Two teams that would have been interested had he been cut already have filled open positions so the market for Sanchez is going to be scarce. It's just not the way to treat people.

No matter what comes of this Vick situation, the Jets are not doing right by Mark Sanchez and it makes the organization look awful. Two teams that would have been interested had he been cut already have filled open positions so the market for Sanchez is going to be scarce. It's just not the way to treat people.

Totally agree they are holding Mark Sanchez hostage here while if they cut him he would be with a new team today look what they did to Tim Tebow.

Hate to say it but the Jets are becoming a SKUMBAG ORGANIZATION.

Totally agree they are holding Mark Sanchez hostage here while if they cut him he would be with a new team today look what they did to Tim Tebow.

Hate to say it but the Jets are becoming a SKUMBAG ORGANIZATION.

Hey Pal, Mark Sanchez made $30 million over the last three years doing jack sh*t.

Im not your pal and that doesn't give the Jets the right to hold him hostage here. Man up and tell the kid whether or not he's in the plans or not.

Yes good thing he negotiated with a gun and mask.

Glad to see you're the model of consistency.  Nothing like an argument that actually contradicts itself.

So the Jets ending up in a bad situation that works out fantastically for Sanchez (e.g., Sanchez being massively overpaid) is just fine and dandy because both sides agreed to the contract.  Yet somehow when the Jets are in the better circumstance and Sanchez in a less ideal situation (e.g., Sanchez being kept on the roster while the team figures out what it's doing), it is so unbelievably unforgivable despite both sides agreeing to that same contract which allows for this.  Pick one, because it cannot be both unless you are admittedly making up reasons to whine about the team.

I mean seriously, "holding hostage"?  For crying out loud it will be less than two weeks from the start of free agency once the team has made a decision by Monday.  Meanwhile, the league is filled with players on every team who will be kept around from now all the way through the beginning of September until they are sent packing.  Where's your outrage there?  Oh, and Sanchez and his agent agreed to having his roster bonus as late as it is, and unless they're both idiots, it was very clear what that meant.  This exact situation is the whole reason the roster bonus was scheduled for when it is, otherwise they would have made it the day after FA starts like most other contracts out there.

yeah I was at a deli and it was all anybody could talk about

If you are like me and cannot cheer or want a player that strangles dogs with his own hands, sign this petition.  There are already over 3,000 signatures:

http://www.change.org/petitions/new-york-jets-we-would-like-you-to-cease-and-desist-all-contact-and-negotiations-with-michael-vick-he-is-not-welcomed-on-a-new-york-team-and-adding-him-to-your-roster-will-do-nothing-but-decrease-your-fan-base

Glad to see you're the model of consistency.  Nothing like an argument that actually contradicts itself.

So the Jets ending up in a bad situation that works out fantastically for Sanchez (e.g., Sanchez being massively overpaid) is just fine and dandy because both sides agreed to the contract.  Yet somehow when the Jets are in the better circumstance and Sanchez in a less ideal situation (e.g., Sanchez being kept on the roster while the team figures out what it's doing), it is so unbelievably unforgivable despite both sides agreeing to that same contract which allows for this.  Pick one, because it cannot be both unless you are admittedly making up reasons to whine about the team.

I mean seriously, "holding hostage"?  For crying out loud it will be less than two weeks from the start of free agency once the team has made a decision by Monday.  Meanwhile, the league is filled with players on every team who will be kept around from now all the way through the beginning of September until they are sent packing.  Where's your outrage there?  Oh, and Sanchez and his agent agreed to having his roster bonus as late as it is, and unless they're both idiots, it was very clear what that meant.  This exact situation is the whole reason the roster bonus was scheduled for when it is, otherwise they would have made it the day after FA starts like most other contracts out there.

Then why didn't the Jets cut him that simple and gain all that cap money to spend in free agency?  Oh that's right we basically skipped free agency and Sanchez made the Jets keep him under contract. Whats the deal?  This team cant decide if they should sign free agents or not?  Who should they draft?  Should we build our own stadium or not? 

But they had no problems instituting PSLs initially and raising the fee this season.

Either MArk Sanchez is in or out? I thought we hired a competent GM to make key decisions like this?

Archived