EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex wants to run the ball, and we were in on MJD...I can see how we would be in on CJ. His market is probably going to be reasonable since many of the teams who wanted to address RB in free agency have already done so. He is also coming off meniscus surgery which may also drive his price down. We are a more dangerous offense with CJ. I also think that CJ is a legit time share like he will have here will be beneficial for him as well. 

Rex wants to run the ball, and we were in on MJD...I can see how we would be in on CJ. His market is probably going to be reasonable since many of the teams who wanted to address RB in free agency have already done so. He is also coming off meniscus surgery which may also drive his price down. We are a more dangerous offense with CJ. I also think that CJ is a legit time share like he will have here will be beneficial for him as well.

I was thinking the same as for as opportunity but it all comes to who will pay him and that will most likely present his role. As for him being here as you mention makes a lot of sense considering we need a replacement for Goodson (3rd down back) who's coming off a torn ACL and MCL. Also Ivory is questionable or doubtful every week. We all know CJ will come at a discount but then again we can't be too cheap for our own good.

We are absolutely fine at RB.  Our main priority is SAFETY!!!  Our situation there is in dire straights. Ed Reed experiment was laughable.  Landrys release, stupid,  That little safety Smith and Ogbogdu (no talent ), ridiculous!  We need to get  bonafied safeties for our defense to run at maximum effectiveness. Every week we get totally  EXPOSED at this position. OC's game plan is always, to SPECIFICALLY  attack us in the middle of the field.  Game after game we watch, and every time without fail, you Know that if they have the ball, they attack the area occupied by our pourous safety position.  You pray,....HOLD ON D,  dont give up that first down........PLEEEEEASE !!!   But every time ( see Bills, Dolphins, games ) for example, we get swiss-cheesed by sub-par QB's.  It just doesnt matter who, this glaring weakness will be our DEMISE unless we address it.  Rex's D philosophy is based on confusion, speed and pressure.  Yet its easily deciphered and exploited, when opposing qbs know ,that the middle of the field is ALWAYS A GIMMEE!!!   It makes me sick to my stomach to watch this happen again and again.  I wonder if we are gonna develop a pair of young guys, or get FA's?  Either way  we need to do something now!!  Im tired of watching our poor secondary, get scorched by scrubs!!.  We make average-at -best qbs look like HOF'ers!!  Anyway......GO JETS!!!!           

There's no way of fixing the safety position in free agency so much so it's not worth bringing up unless your talking through the draft which is a whole different situation. Also we aren't fine at RB. We still lack a receiving and home run threat out of the backfield. Also we have durability concerns in Ivory. Our staff knows this hence why we've shown interest in MJD.

We are absolutely fine at RB.  Our main priority is SAFETY!!!  Our situation there is in dire straights. Ed Reed experiment was laughable.  Landrys release, stupid,  That little safety Smith and Ogbogdu (no talent ), ridiculous!  We need to get  bonafied safeties for our defense to run at maximum effectiveness. Every week we get totally  EXPOSED at this position. OC's game plan is always, to SPECIFICALLY  attack us in the middle of the field.  Game after game we watch, and every time without fail, you Know that if they have the ball, they attack the area occupied by our weak safety position.  You pray,....HOLD ON D,  dont give up that first down........PLEASE!!!   But every time ( see Bills, Dolphins, games )for example, we get swiss-cheesed by sub-par QB's.  It just doesnt matter who, this glaring weakness will be our DEMISE unless we address it.  Rex's D philosophy is based on confusion, speed and pressure.  Yet its easily deciphered and exploited, when opposing qbs know ,that the middle of the field is ALWAYS A GIMMEE!!!   It makes me sick to my stomach to watch this happen again and again.  I wonder if we are gonna develop a pair of young guys, or get FA's?  Either way  we need to do something now!!  Im tired of watching our poor secondary, get scorched by scrubs!!.  We make average-at -best qbs look like HOF'ers!!  Anyway......GO JETS!!!!          

We are not fine at RB you want a healthy Chris Ivory you sign Chris Johnson and they split carries along with Powell.  If Ivory went down you are ok with Powell,Goodson and Green carrying the rock here? Im not

We are not fine at RB you want a healthy Chris Ivory you sign Chris Johnson and they split carries along with Powell.  If Ivory went down you are ok with Powell,Goodson and Green carrying the rock here? Im not

Goodson may not be ready coming off a torn ACL, MCL. So we're speaking Powell and Green if Ivory goes down.

My overwhelming concern is not RB.  If any player goes down, there is significant adjustments that need to be made.  gain, im fine wth RBs.  Or safety play is SUB-STANDARD ( thats a gargantuan understatement) at best, to begin with.  If someone there goes down, it wld probably be an UPGRADE!!!  Im not being argumentative or facetious, I just hope against hp, that REX fixes this, if not, our season is garbage before it even starts.  Go Jets!! 

My overwhelming concern is not RB.  If any player goes down, there is significant adjustments that need to be made.  gain, im fine wth RBs.  Or safety play is SUB-STANDARD ( thats a gargantuan understatement) at best, to begin with.  If someone there goes down, it wld probably be an UPGRADE!!!  Im not being argumentative or facetious, I just hope against hp, that REX fixes this, if not, our season is garbage before it even starts.  Go Jets!! 

Based on how this offseason has gone, I imagine that we will be looking at a ton of rookies playing high snap counts. This may not be such a bad thing, so long as we nab multiple long-term pieces, seeing as how we aren't ready to win the Super Bowl this year anyway. Idzik has set us up to make the big play when the time comes. It sucks to be Rex, who wants and needs to win now, but for the first time in a long time there is an actual plan. Tannenbaum always kept us intrigued during the offseason, but he managed this team by the seat of his pants with no long-term view. This year will be about the kids we have, the kids we will have, and which kids get to stay for the next big run. 

We are absolutely fine at RB.  Our main priority is SAFETY!!!  Our situation there is in dire straights. Ed Reed experiment was laughable.  Landrys release, stupid,  That little safety Smith and Ogbogdu (no talent ), ridiculous!  We need to get  bonafied safeties for our defense to run at maximum effectiveness. Every week we get totally  EXPOSED at this position. OC's game plan is always, to SPECIFICALLY  attack us in the middle of the field.  Game after game we watch, and every time without fail, you Know that if they have the ball, they attack the area occupied by our pourous safety position.  You pray,....HOLD ON D,  dont give up that first down........PLEEEEEASE !!!   But every time ( see Bills, Dolphins, games ) for example, we get swiss-cheesed by sub-par QB's.  It just doesnt matter who, this glaring weakness will be our DEMISE unless we address it.  Rex's D philosophy is based on confusion, speed and pressure.  Yet its easily deciphered and exploited, when opposing qbs know ,that the middle of the field is ALWAYS A GIMMEE!!!   It makes me sick to my stomach to watch this happen again and again.  I wonder if we are gonna develop a pair of young guys, or get FA's?  Either way  we need to do something now!!  Im tired of watching our poor secondary, get scorched by scrubs!!.  We make average-at -best qbs look like HOF'ers!!  Anyway......GO JETS!!!!           

Please edit again with some relationship to the roster at safety for the last few years.  

They have never cut any Landry.  LaRon was not cut he was a FA that signed with Indy.  Dawan is still under contract.  Smith was not small.  Ogbogdu is a name I am not familiar with.  I assume you meant Ihedigbo who won a ring with the Ravens and has done fairly well as a starter.  He just got a decent deal from the Lions and got run with the Pats too.  He has not been on the team since 2010.  You're practically in Atari Bigby territory going back that far.  Ogbogu was a sh*tty DE and one of Parcells wonderful picks.  They ran most of last year with Jarrett and Allen across from Landry and they are all back.  Bush is the guy we'd like to step up and hopefully he will in his 3rd year.  

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets will pursue Chris Johnson when he is released from the Titans.

Cimini does not know if Johnson would accept the committee role he would be given in New York, but he certainly fits the speed back mold the Jets are looking for to complement Chris Ivory. Johnson may be looking for more than a committee role, but that will be all he is likely to find in free agency. The Falcons have also been strongly linked with CJ?K.

IF the Jets were to sign Chris Johnson (big IF), he wouldn't be coming here to fill a complementary role to Ivory. He'd be coming here to take over the starting role, with Ivory reverting to the complementary position. I'm not big (at all!) on signing veteran RBs, but if the Jets have come to recognize they need a starting back who can catch a pass, I couldn't fault the move too much. We already know for certain that Idzik won't be overpaying. The Jets might not offer the most money, but they could offer a feature role in the offense.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets will pursue Chris Johnson when he is released from the Titans.

Cimini does not know if Johnson would accept the committee role he would be given in New York, but he certainly fits the speed back mold the Jets are looking for to complement Chris Ivory. Johnson may be looking for more than a committee role, but that will be all he is likely to find in free agency. The Falcons have also been strongly linked with CJ?K.

I don't see why he has to have a "committee" role if he comes here. We can give him a shot as a 3 down back, IMO. He's a weapon, through and through.

You really want a guy who will take 5 or 6 negative plays for the CHANCE of one big one?  That's not guaranteed. 

Can't have him pussyfooting it behind the line of scrimmage.  No thanks.

Team has bigger problems than RB.

Well Idzik isn't willing to address those problems. Better off addressing a smaller problem than none at all.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com the Falcons have "no interest" in Chris Johnson.

The Johnson-to-Atlanta rumor got rolling last week when the Nashville Tennessean predicted that's where Johnson would land. PFT has ties to the Falcons' organization, however, as new assistant GM Scott Pioli is a former NBC employee. So we'd take Mike Florio's word pretty seriously here. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has reported Johnson will "very likely" be cut this week.

In the last five seasons, Chris Johnson has had one really good season and a bunch of average ones. He's not a feature back anymore. He's not a bell cow back who is going to get 300+ carries but he would be effective after Ivory and Powell had softened the line of scrimmage and on third downs. That's what he is at this point. I'm good with the Jets grabbing him to a very friendly deal, but he'll likely be looking for one last big pay day. The Jets shouldn't be the team to fall in that trap.

In the last five seasons, Chris Johnson has had one really good season and a bunch of average ones. He's not a feature back anymore. He's not a bell cow back who is going to get 300+ carries but he would be effective after Ivory and Powell had softened the line of scrimmage and on third downs. That's what he is at this point. I'm good with the Jets grabbing him to a very friendly deal, but he'll likely be looking for one last big pay day. The Jets shouldn't be the team to fall in that trap.

In his 6 seasons in the league every season but two seasons production wise has been great. Although expectations are high being he set the bar high after his second season, in 2011 and last years he still manage to be a reliable out the backfield and durable despite his size. When you factor in his pay then you could start the convo of him not being worth the price. But even in the two disappointed seasons he manage 57 recs, 418 yards, 0 TDs (2011), while racking 42 recs, 345 yards, 4 TDs this season.

We desperately need a receiving back and although Powell fit in that role last season you can tell he was out of place. If we can get him in this current market that would be huge. Around $4 mil would be a big plus as we get both the playmaker and receiver we need.

Meniscus surgery?  Even weekend joggers are not the same after meniscus surgery.  Are we sure Chris Johnson isn't done?

Eric Bledsoe of the Suns was out 8-12 weeks with the same injury and came back balling. Same as Zack Randolph and Russell Westbrook (who knee still bothered him due to the infection of the surgery).

Also please don't bring back up Eric Smith

He came back the same alright which was a JAG.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com the Falcons have "no interest" in Chris Johnson.

The Johnson-to-Atlanta rumor got rolling last week when the Nashville Tennessean predicted that's where Johnson would land. PFT has ties to the Falcons' organization, however, as new assistant GM Scott Pioli is a former NBC employee. So we'd take Mike Florio's word pretty seriously here. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has reported Johnson will "very likely" be cut this week.

Eric Bledsoe of the Suns was out 8-12 weeks with the same injury and came back balling. Same as Zack Randolph and Russell Westbrook (who knee still bothered him due to the infection of the surgery).

Also please don't bring back up Eric Smith

He came back the same alright which was a JAG.

I was only played Single A ball, but I had my meniscus cleaned up and went skiing 3 weeks later.

According to multiple reports, the Jets have "some" interest in Chris Johnson.

The Titans are still holding onto Johnson in the hopes they can trade him. If no deal materializes before next week's offseason workouts, he'll be released. The Jets already missed out on free agents Donald Brown and Maurice Jones-Drew, and may be passing on DeSean Jackson in part so they can have enough funds to lure Johnson. They're looking for depth and speed behind oft-injured pounder Chris Ivory.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338144/article/chris-johnson-drawing-interest-from-new-york-jets

Chris Johnson drawing interest from New York Jets
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the League writer
  • Published: March 31, 2014 at 07:36 a.m.
  • Updated: March 31, 2014 at 01:53 p.m.

The Tennessee Titans' decision on running back Chris Johnson is coming to a head.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, via sources informed of their plans, that theTitans are expected to either trade or cut the former 2,000-yard rusher before offseason workoutsbegin in a week.

Chris Wesseling broke down all of Johnson's potential landing spots last week.The Titans still are holding out hope that trade interest can turn into action before the release happens, Rapoport added.

The New York Jets, who have been reluctant to dive headlong in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes, are one team to keep an eye on for Johnson, per Rapoport. TheJets need a running back to team with oft-injured Chris Ivory, and general manager John Idzik could be setting aside the bulk of his remaining salary-cap space for a play at Johnson.

The Atlanta Falcons are one franchise that made sense for Johnson, but the team reportedly has no interest in pairing the veteran runner with Steven Jackson.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1h

#Jets have been reluctant to dive into DeSean Jackson derby, but perhaps they’re allotting money for Chris Johnson. There is some interest

According to multiple reports, the Jets have "some" interest in Chris Johnson.

The Titans are still holding onto Johnson in the hopes they can trade him. If no deal materializes before next week's offseason workouts, he'll be released. The Jets already missed out on free agents Donald Brown and Maurice Jones-Drew, and may be passing on DeSean Jackson in part so they can have enough funds to lure Johnson. They're looking for depth and speed behind oft-injured pounder Chris Ivory.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338144/article/chris-johnson-drawing-interest-from-new-york-jets

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the League writer
  • Published: March 31, 2014 at 07:36 a.m.
  • Updated: March 31, 2014 at 01:53 p.m.

The Tennessee Titans' decision on running back Chris Johnson is coming to a head.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, via sources informed of their plans, that theTitans are expected to either trade or cut the former 2,000-yard rusher before offseason workoutsbegin in a week.

Chris Wesseling broke down all of Johnson's potential landing spots last week.The Titans still are holding out hope that trade interest can turn into action before the release happens, Rapoport added.

The New York Jets, who have been reluctant to dive headlong in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes, are one team to keep an eye on for Johnson, per Rapoport. TheJets need a running back to team with oft-injured Chris Ivory, and general manager John Idzik could be setting aside the bulk of his remaining salary-cap space for a play at Johnson.

The Atlanta Falcons are one franchise that made sense for Johnson, but the team reportedly has no interest in pairing the veteran runner with Steven Jackson.

So Ian Rappapapaport speculates in one tweet without anything concrete to back his speculation and suddenly there are two more reports based on that tweet headlining JETS interest based on that tweet. This is how stories and realities are created in our sports media.

I betcha once the JETS do not make a move on Chris Johnson there will be fans regretting that the JETS lost out again on a free agent when there might NOT have been an iota of interest to begin with. No kidding.

I don't mind Johnson, but this would piss me off big time: 

• The New York Jets, who have been reluctant to dive headlong in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes, are one team to keep an eye on for Johnson, per Rapoport. TheJets need a running back to team with oft-injured Chris Ivory, and general manager John Idzik could be setting aside the bulk of his remaining salary-cap space for a play at Johnson.

Oops.  Better treatments I guess.  Back when I was jogging I read that once the meniscus is removed, the knee is never quite the same, (although you can use it for regular use).

Getting it removed and repaired are totally different. So what they told you is right. However I doubt CJ is getting his removed.

Archived