2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not that far off, it is the National Sport of Australia.

Nascar is pretty popular too.  Do you like Nascar?  Probably more exciting than Soccer.

Pro Wrestling sells out Arena's weekly around the country.  Probably more exciting than Soccer.

Jesus dude.  No one cares how boring you find soccer.  We love it, and will continue to love it.  I've been following US soccer since 2002 and have enjoyed watching their success.  It makes me happier than Rex Ryan.  Get on the bandwagon or GTFO.

Speaking of which, when the USA gets knocked out, how far down do the ratings slide because nobody gives a **** about that pathetic excuse for sport?

Given that no other country sent more fans to Brazil than America, and nearly every sports bar the nation over has been packed with fans for every US match thus far, I imagine the ratings will slide quite a bit.  The world's sport is big in the US these days, thanks for helping our argument.

Jesus dude.  No one cares how boring you find soccer.  We love it, and will continue to love it.  I've been following US soccer since 2002 and have enjoyed watching their success.  It makes me happier than Rex Ryan.  Get on the bandwagon or GTFO.

Liar.

Given that no other country sent more fans to Brazil than America, and nearly every sports bar the nation over has been packed with fans for every US match thus far, I imagine the ratings will slide quite a bit.  The world's sport is big in the US these days, thanks for helping our argument.

The only reason anyone cares is because they can scream at the TV and say Amurica over and over again.  Once they're out, nobody will care because Soccer sucks.  Otherwise, MLS would be the biggest sport in the country.

Stop acting like you care.

Liar.

The only reason anyone cares is because they can scream at the TV and say Amurica over and over again.  Once they're out, nobody will care because Soccer sucks.  Otherwise, MLS would be the biggest sport in the country.

Stop acting like you care.

GFY.  In 2002 I skipped school to watch our Round of 8 match with Germany.  In 2010 I straight up left work for an extended lunch to watch our win over Algeria.  I follow the team through the Hexagonal during qualifying.  I even watch CONCACAF matches that don't even involve the US.  I was cheering for Jamaica when they drew with Mexico in the Azteca during qualifying.  I was a little pissed during our match against Panama when we allowed Mexico the chance to reach  the WC.  I had a feeling Landon Donovan wouldn't make the final roster and wasn't very surprised when it happened, whereas everyone I knew was panicking about the decision.  Don't tell me what I don't care about.

You're a dickhead JiF. No one gives a flying f*ck about your views or your poverty sport. Pls leave.

Whatever it is about the USA they always seem to play better than the sum of their parts. Belgium have 3 genuinely world class players and about 6 more very good ones, they seem to struggle to play together though. The US on the other hand get the very best out of what they have. They've looked excellent so far and I don't think it would be a huge upset for them to advance. Genuinely rooting for MURICA, at least until they meet Holland/MUFC lite in the final.

You're a dickhead JiF. No one gives a flying f*ck about your views or your poverty sport. Pls leave.

Whatever it is about the USA they always seem to play better than the sum of their parts. Belgium have 3 genuinely world class players and about 6 more very good ones, they seem to struggle to play together though. The US on the other hand get the very best out of what they have. They've looked excellent so far and I don't think it would be a huge upset for them to advance. Genuinely rooting for MURICA, at least until they meet Holland/MUFC lite in the final.

Yeah, I'd say this is at least a "pick em" match.  Belgium did what they had to do and got the full 9 points, which is impressive, but their group was terrible.  Fellaini is dangerous but we've already faced more difficult competition and fared well.  I love our chances. 

GFY.  In 2002 I skipped school to watch our Round of 8 match with Germany.  In 2010 I straight up left work for an extended lunch to watch our win over Algeria.  I follow the team through the Hexagonal during qualifying.  I even watch CONCACAF matches that don't even involve the US.  I was cheering for Jamaica when they drew with Mexico in the Azteca during qualifying.  I was a little pissed during our match against Panama when we allowed Mexico the chance to reach  the WC.  I had a feeling Landon Donovan wouldn't make the final roster and wasn't very surprised when it happened, whereas everyone I knew was panicking about the decision.  Don't tell me what I don't care about.

Liar.  You dont care.

Soccer is terrible and so are you.

What does "in a 6 foot barrel" mean? Is it like being the Lucky Pierre?

I had to google that, you disgusting pig.

But the fact you dont know what getting barreled is but you do know what a Lucky Pierre is...is all I really need here in my argument that Soccer is gay and so are the fans.

What does "in a 6 foot barrel" mean? Is it like being the Lucky Pierre?

A sailor on a Navy ship had been out to sea for weeks, and was beginning to go through sex withdrawals. Fed up with the lack of sex, he asked one of his shipmates what he did when the pressure was too much to take.

"Well, there's a barrel with a hole in it near the mop storage. When it gets to be too much for us, we use that."

So the sailor went over to the barrel and decided to give it a go. Finding it was better than he'd expected, he began using it regularly, and his problems seemed to vanish.

After a couple of weeks, his commanding officer began to take notice, and said, "You seem to be a lot more relaxed. What's your secret?"

The sailor, embarrassed to give a straight answer, simply said he'd been getting better rest.

"Well good, sailor. You're going to need it," replied the officer. "Today's your turn in the barrel."

A sailor on a Navy ship had been out to sea for weeks, and was beginning to go through sex withdrawals. Fed up with the lack of sex, he asked one of his shipmates what he did when the pressure was too much to take.

"Well, there's a barrel with a hole in it near the mop storage. When it gets to be too much for us, we use that."

So the sailor went over to the barrel and decided to give it a go. Finding it was better than he'd expected, he began using it regularly, and his problems seemed to vanish.

After a couple of weeks, his commanding officer began to take notice, and said, "You seem to be a lot more relaxed. What's your secret?"

The sailor, embarrassed to give a straight answer, simply said he'd been getting better rest.

"Well good, sailor. You're going to need it," replied the officer. "Today's your turn in the barrel."

^^^ another guy who will never experience the green room of a 6 foot barrel

JiF, you do realize your boy Rex took a trip to Brazil to take in some US soccer, right? 

779609446084571209.jpg

Duh, Rex likes low scoring, no action, boring games like Soccer.

I realize you think you're doing a cute schtick here, but you're really just succeeding at being a tool. Get a life dude.

Do you have a link for somewhere I can buy this life thing you're talking about?  Been searching for a long time and failing miserable.  Where did you find yours?

Do you hate me again?  I dont like when you hate me.  I lose sleep at night and I like sleep.

Do you have a link for somewhere I can buy this life thing you're talking about?  Been searching for a long time and failing miserable.  Where did you find yours?

Do you hate me again?  I dont like when you hate me.  I lose sleep at night and I like sleep.

Meh, you're not worth that sort of effort. Most of us were just enjoying discussing the sport we like and a small degree of love of country. For some reason you took it upon yourself to try to troll that away.

No hatred, but a degree of respect lost on top of what are now validated perceptions from the past. Yeah. It's pretty pathetic.

Meh, you're not worth that sort of effort. Most of us were just enjoying discussing the sport we like and a small degree of love of country. For some reason you took it upon yourself to try to troll that away.

No hatred, but a degree of respect lost on top of what are now validated perceptions from the past. Yeah. It's pretty pathetic.

Sorry, thought this was a message board where you could share you opinions and stuff.  Mine differ from yours.  I still <3 you eventhough you're a fan of a terrible sport.

NBrazil doesn't make it to Germany.

It's so hard to beat Brazil on their own turf.  I can't see them falling before the Semi-Finals, and I don't think anyone in that foursome on the top left poses a serious threat. 

After that point anything goes.  Germany is deadly.

Archived