2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

Well is this a "lack of available talent in this country" issue or a "Jurgen didn't make the right decisions on the final 23" issue?

I don't know if it's a lack as it is choices. Evans and Donovan were available. Klinnsman wanted youth and athleticism because of the group and he wanted to get the younger guys experience since he didn't think we could legitimately get very far. It is what it is.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it's a lack as it is choices. Evans and Donovan were available. Klinnsman wanted youth and athleticism because of the group and he wanted to get the younger guys experience since he didn't think we could legitimately get very far. It is what it is.

Im actually a huge Brad Evans fan but maybe Klinnsman picked the best players.

After all, they did make it out of the GoD. 

It's perfectly reasonable to say Donovan is done and Evans was going to get outclassed. 

It's perfectly reasonable to say Donovan is done and Evans was going to get outclassed. 

I just find it confusing that he made it a competition between him and Yedlin. In hindsight it looks like there was plenty of wiggle room to have both of them.

Yedlin is very good though. I'm excited about him going forward. He was great against Ghana.

This was a case of picking the RIGHT players rather than the best ones.  We're never going to outclass another team on talent.  We're going to beat them by making the right lineup/sub decisions, being better conditioned, more cohesive, and at times, outcoaching the opponent.  So far so good.

This was a case of picking the RIGHT players rather than the best ones. We're never going to outclass another team on talent. We're going to beat them by making the right lineup/sub decisions, being better conditioned, more cohesive, and at times, outcoaching the opponent. So far so good.

I think the lack of experience has been a detriment several times along the way.

1 -- Did it really take you guys that long to realize JiF was just trolling? Come on lol

2 -- Jozy coming back (and being effective, obviously) would be fantastic.  I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

1 -- Did it really take you guys that long to realize JiF was just trolling? Come on lol

2 -- Jozy coming back (and being effective, obviously) would be fantastic. I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

1. Of course but still annoying.

2. Me either. Hamstrings injuries are tough to get over quickly.

God, look at the area of seats in the sun for this game, people aren't even bothering. There's no way they can do this sh*t in Qatar.

This is stupid. They should have scheduled the 01:00 pm games in the south. It's 72F right now in São Paulo.

Archived