Antonio Allen can play fantastic (merged)

Matt39

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB's get beat every game.  Every game.  That's why they have the "CB has to have a short memory, get on with the next play" cliche

The one's what keep their jobs recover and make the tackle, and make a big play, cause a turnover occasionally as well

Wilson recovers and tackles well, but he never catches the INT.  That is my beef with Wilson.  Covering the slot is incredibly difficult.  You are going against little quick guys, going through picks and traffic, and you have no sideline to work with.  Wilson either starts catching INT's or he is an ex-Jet next year

He is probably still practice squad eligible under these new rules.

I don't think he is, Berry has been in the league for 4 seasons.  I could still see us taking a look at him to replace McFadden or Adams on the 53.

I would bet its at McFadden's expense if he ever decide to take a look at him. If i am not mistaken Adams was active on gameday.

I don't think he is, Berry has been in the league for 4 seasons.  I could still see us taking a look at him to replace McFadden or Adams on the 53.

The new rule is up to 32 games on an active roster for two of the players, but I'm not sure if that can only be over two or three seasons.  Berry has only played in something like 8 games the last three years and is well under 30 for his career, but he came out of school in 2010.  I don't know.  He'd only be eligible for one of the two extended dance party slots, but I am not sure if the Jets are using both of them. Richardson is using one.  I guess despite not playing, Simms was active for more than 8 games last season.  FWIW, LeQuan Lewis has been out of school since 2011 and has been on practice squads a bunch and he is still eligible, but he has only played in 8 NFL games. 

True, but at least Berry knows our scheme.  Worth a flier tryout to see how he's recovered from his injury, at least.

I thought you were doing victory laps because the Jets CB issues turned out to be a non-issue, now you want to bring on Aaron Berry?

I thought you were doing victory laps because the Jets CB issues turned out to be a non-issue, now you want to bring on Aaron Berry?

1.  Never said it was a non-issue.  The issue, however, was wayyyyy overblown.  Missing out on Vontae Davis was seen as a "sky is falling" deal last week.  With our injuries its still a concern, but perhaps not as big of one as the Stuart Little's had us believe.

2.  Berry would not be a starting corner.  With that in mind, you can never have too many on your roster (with, like I said, our injury issue at the position), and he has the advantage of normal street trash of knowing our scheme.  We're about to go up against the Packers and you don't just stop making moves when the season begins.

Archived