Clementi49

It's going to be hilarious in 2015 when Idzik signs a big time CB and gets a big time WR in the draft early. And resigns all of our pricey FAs coming up. He will still have money to burn and than no one has anything left to complain out.

3 years Idzik has a chance to make a team have absolutely no one to no holes on the team.

It's going to be hilarious in 2015 when Idzik signs a big time CB and gets a big time WR in the draft early. And resigns all of our pricey FAs coming up. He will still have money to burn and than no one has anything left to complain out.

3 years Idzik has a chance to make a team have absolutely no one to no holes on the team.

As long as Geno continues to grow and stops turning the ball over this could happen... even though the exparts say that is antiquated thinking. 

There is nothing that has happened over the past 2 years that would point to either of those taking place.

Of course by that time, Rex and Geno will probably be out the door due to Idzik's cheap ways. So they'll be running a new QB out there, and a new coach will be introducing his schemes and so it will be the start of a new 3 year rebuilding process.

Of course by that time, Rex and Geno will probably be out the door due to Idzik's cheap ways. So they'll be running a new QB out there, and a new coach will be introducing his schemes and so it will be the start of a new 3 year rebuilding process.

It would be a much brighter future without those two.  I look forward to your phophacy!

So if Geno turns out to be a legit franchise QB and Rex keeps his job you won't be happy even though we are winning because you were wrong?

That seems kind of selfish and douchey. 

Of course I would be happy. I want the Jets to win at all times. I want Rex back next year, and though it's too early to be 100% sold on Geno, I would like him back next year as well. Why wouldn't I be happy?

Except for oh I don't know, THE QB!!! The way things are going that big time WR your hoping for may have to be a QB, those that think Geno is progressing nicely haven't got a clue.

If Sandy Alderson and John Idzik switched positions, would anyone really notice?

Nope, they're the same. Both rambling on about depth, neither of them actually acquires depth. Both of them are supposedly about "sustainable winning" but neither of them wins. Fortunately the NFL has rules that will force Idzik to spend eventually. Shame the MLB doesn't.

I like the path Idzik is following. Atleast for a change it feels like we have a plan. But we have to be patient. We will get better but doesnt mean we are contenders by next season.

The needs keep on increasing. We might need to draft a left tackle and a center and someone who can start for Calvin Pace.

At the same time the JETS have a good records of finding game changing CB's but what gives you the confidence that they will suddenly find a legit WR in the draft. The way the WR position has been mismanaged in the recent past has been beyond mind boggling. And Idzik hasnt done anything to restore that lost confidence.

Nope, they're the same. Both rambling on about depth, neither of them actually acquires depth. Both of them are supposedly about "sustainable winning" but neither of them wins. Fortunately the NFL has rules that will force Idzik to spend eventually. Shame the MLB doesn't.

If the MLB had those rules my Mets, the astros and the Rays would have to bow out of the MLB. F the Wilpons....

What a nightmare starting over would be again. Do you jet fans ever get sick of saying let the next guy play , or let's blow it all up, or let's get a new coach and qb ? Seems like every year no matter who it is it's the same complaining. Same overhaul concepts. Same this guy has to go. Unless he's Derek Jeter and wins it all his first year. He never will be accepted into the club

this team had 12 draft picks. 2 might pan out. In a historically deep year. 

Don't know why any1 trusts this guy to buy the groceries. 

I think this FO has done a good job at the top end. Even in hindsight the Geno pick was worth taking a shot at considering where they got him and his grade. Amaro and Pryor will probably be fine, though passing on Benjamin is now looking like an absurdly stupid thing, and I still think the Milliner pick was lame. All of that doesn't really matter, bottom line, stock piling picks doesn't mean jack sh*t if you use them poorly, and you cannot build sustainability in the NFL if you can't get some hits in the mid rounds. If Idzik has another draft like this I think he's gotta go. This franchise is not too far away from getting caught in an even deeper hole than it's already in. There is no wiggle room in our case to wait for a guy to learn on the job.

If Idzik has another draft like this I think he's gotta go.  

He hit big on Sheldon and hopefully Pryor. Out of 19 total picks.

And I like Pryor and all. But cmon man. It was just atrocious. He drafted 3 WR and 2 CB and the team is still desperate at both positions.

And I like Pryor and all. But cmon man. It was just atrocious. He drafted 3 WR and 2 CB and the team is desperate for both.

We also need to rebuild the OL in the next three years or so, in which case he better hope Aboushi and Dozier can play.

And I like Pryor and all. But cmon man. It was just atrocious. He drafted 3 WR and 2 CB and the team is still desperate at both positions.

In an insanely deep draft.

One OL is now looking inexcusable. Everyone knew Winters and Aboushi sucked. And the only thing he went after was selecting someone to groom to replace Colon. Meanwhile Gabe Jackson looks great, because of course he does.

We also need to rebuild the OL in the next three years or so, in which case he better hope Aboushi and Dozier can play.

Dozier will be fine. The problem is he's only 1 of 3, maybe 4 positions that need a replacement within the next 2 seasons. And we have absolutely nobody coming up for any of them. Aboushi is awful.

Dozier will be fine. The problem is he's only 1 of 3, maybe 4 positions that need a replacement within the next 2 seasons. And we have absolutely nobody coming up for any of them. Aboushi is awful.

For shame, you forget the yearly let's convert a DL into OL and then cut them a year after experiment. Surely one of them will pan out!

But yeah, early on these two drafts seem pretty awful overall. I think not moving at all in rounds 4-7 in this past draft is just inexcusable at this point.

Many of those guys were lomg shots to make the team and are now just wasted assets.

For shame, you forget the yearly let's convert a DL into OL and then cut them a year after experiment. Surely one of them will pan out!

But yeah, early on these two drafts seem pretty awful overall. I think not moving at all in rounds 4-7 in this past draft is just inexcusable at this point.

Many of those guys were lomg shots to make the team and are now just wasted assets.

It's leaning more towards Idzik having no idea what he's doing unfortunately. Anyone can clear cap space, not everyone can pick personnel. 

So if Geno turns out to be a legit franchise QB and Rex keeps his job you won't be happy even though we are winning because you were wrong?

That seems kind of selfish and douchey. 

You need to learn how to read in the context of what he was replying to.  He was basically saying the opposite of what you thought he said.

Archived