It's time for Vick

aec4

Look, our secondary is as much at fault as Geno Smith is.  We know that.  However, we're 1-3.  We made  mistake not playing Vick more in the preseason to see how he compared.  We know that too.

For those of you who say Vick is going to be worse...   Why sign him then?  

For those of you saying what happens if Vick is worse, what do we do....  It doesn't matter.  Season over.

For those of you who say Geno is not at fault....  Are you watching the games?  Did you see how they had to dumb down the playbook for him?

I don't care if he's a rookie, 2nd year player or 10 year vet.  The NFL doesn't care either.  It just cares if you perform well enough to win.  

We benched our punt returner (rightfully so) because he muffed a punt. What does it say to the rest of the team if Geno Smith is allowed to make infinite mistakes without the same fate?

Lastly, and most importantly, if we aren't going to put Vick in after the way Smith has performed so far, with our season on the brink if it isn't already over, then why sign him at all?  Save the 4-5M of cap space and put Simms as backup again.

For what? Vick sucks too! You have to Ride or Die w Geno for remainder of season so there is no on the fence feelings about him. ....either way

Then why bother signing Vick for 5M?  Why not just go with Simms?  Fact is by signing Vick, you are saying we want to be covered due to injury or incompetence.  We have the latter. If you don't play Vick now you wasted money.

As for giving Geno 4 more games....  and if we're 2-6, it's over it won't matter.  Why not try now when you can save things?  If it fails miserably, you go back to Smith.  Remember, John Elway was benched after being a starter, and he turned out OK.

Then why bother signing Vick for 5M?  Why not just go with Simms?  Fact is by signing Vick, you are saying we want to be covered due to injury or incompetence.  We have the latter. If you don't play Vick now you wasted money.

As for giving Geno 4 more games....  and if we're 2-6, it's over it won't matter.  Why not try now when you can save things?  If it fails miserably, you go back to Smith.  Remember, John Elway was benched after being a starter, and he turned out OK.

I don't think it matters now. Putting Vick in at this point is not going to help them beat SD, Denver and NE. 

I totally agree with the op , in what world is it sooooo obvious that Vick will be worse?????...the world where we can't fire Rex because the next coach may be worse?...that's a losers way of operating I can tell you that much.

I don't think it matters now. Putting Vick in at this point is not going to help them beat SD, Denver and NE. 

How do you know?  You may be right, I have no way of knowing either.  However, I know what we have in Geno Smith and it's not pretty.   Vick may be ugly too, and I know the grass isn't always greener, but right now, it's friggen brown and football in November is going to be quite boring.

How do you know?  You may be right, I have no way of knowing either.  However, I know what we have in Geno Smith and it's not pretty.   Vick may be ugly too, and I know the grass isn't always greener, but right now, it's friggen brown and football in November is going to be quite boring.

It already is boring.

At this point if they want to put in Vick I am fine with it. If he sucks then you go back and see how Geno responds to the benching. If it sparks them and the offense does better that is great. I would shocked though if after the New England the are not 1-6 or 2-5.

The season took a major hit when they decided not to go out and sign a CB (or let DRC walk out of the complex) when they let Cromartie go.

I have no idea why Idzik signed Vick for 5M and I have been saying since last year I'd prefer Simms.  

What do you really think Vick is gonna do? Bring us to the bowl? You let the year ride out with Geno so this way come the end of our 5-11 season we can completely scrap these QBs and go seek out someone more legit.  Or at best, Geno turns out to be Elway....win win. 

**** yes. Tanking for Mariota.

yeah but Elway was great. smith is crap.

You guys realize that Vick is a legendary turn over machine right? Mark Sanchez had comparable, if not better numbers than Vick did, and Vick was with elite Eagle playmakers, and Sanchez was with a swiss cheese o-line and that garbage you fielded in 2011 and 2012.

Vick isn't going to be saving any football seasons for you. The dude is hot garbage. Look at Philly's turn around after Kelly benched him for Foles.

I think you have an ESPN sports center highlight in your head, and you're confusing it for what Michael Vick actually is, which is worse than Sanchez, even with much better talent.

Archived