Kenbrell Thompkins

aec4

While I doubt that, I think it is to send a message to the the team and probably more to Dobson. It is a little easier to cut an undrafted free agent than the 2nd round pick.

This team has issues and it is not just lack of talent in areas. They showed a replay of the Brady fumble and when a group of Chiefs players fell on the ball. The OL quit. Edelman jumped into the pile and tried to get the ball. Chiefs started pulling him off by his leg and the OL did not do anything.

Thompkins had some very nice catches last year (game winner versus New Orleans), but for whatever reason, could not get on the field.

I wasn't referring to the Thompkins cut in particular; just the obvious lack of effort to get Brady receivers since Moss bailed.

SO we are going to stand in the waiver line hoping to get lucky because we have very limited talent once Decker goes down and yet we cut Stephen Hill. SOme of the decisions being made just defy basic common sense.

don't buy into the media narrative.  use your own brain

Hill was cut because is is garbage.  keeping him would have been stupid. 

I don't think they make any more moves, and are not in the waiver wire line

look at SD's injury report

should they fire the GM  ?

don't buy into the media narrative.  use your own brain

Hill was cut because is is garbage.  keeping him would have been stupid. 

I don't think they make any more moves, and are not in the waiver wire line

look at SD's injury report

should they fire the GM  ?

Our #2 WR is going to be Salas this week. We had Saunders on our roster till last week.  We have Haakim, Powell and Owusu on this team.  And this is the 4th season in a row where we are weak at that position. I am not saying Hill is next HOF player OR that he might have played lights out but given our talent or lack of it at that position, surely defies common sense cutting him. And he sure would have contributed a lot, lot more than Saunders, Haakim, Powell and so on. The lack of common sense show here by the JETS is baffling.

I will leave it at that because now Hill  is gone and its futile talking further.

Our #2 WR is going to be Salas this week. And this is the 4th season in a row where we are anemic at that position. I am not saying Hill is next HOF player but given our talent or lack of it, surely defies common sense cutting him.

I will leave it at that because now he is gone and its futile. But the lack of common sense is baffling.

Salas is the top WR in the league..... statistically.

Our #2 WR is going to be Salas this week.  And this is the 4th season in a row where we are anemic at that position. I am not saying Hill is next HOF player but given our talent or lack of it, surely defies common sense cutting him.

I will leave it at that because now he is gone and its futile. But the lack of common sense is baffling.

no

the injuries piling up at just 2 positions is annoying

Even without injuries Nelson was our #3WR going into this season.

Wow.. no. Nelson out played Hill last year and the entire preseason while considering we gave Salas zero opportunity at that time our projected #2 was Nelson. So I honestly don't understand where one gets off putting Nelson in the slot. Where does Kerley go?

This season. Nelson was our #3 WR on the depth chart at the start of this season.

this season hill was in camp and the coaches said he looked great and everybody was expecting him to step up.  he sucked and got cut.  it happens.

the GM was given feedback by the coaches and envisioned decker as the redzone guy, hill the deep guy,  kerley the slot guy, amaro the seam guy, johnson the screen back and ivory the workhorse

fire him !

this season hill was in camp and the coaches said he looked great and everybody was expecting him to step up.  he sucked and got cut.  it happens.

the GM was given feedback by the coaches and envisioned decker as the redzone guy, hill the deep guy,  kerley the slot guy, amaro the seam guy, johnson the screen back and ivory the workhorse

fire him !

This has nothing to do with pro or anti GM.  GM's have changed over the years but the JETS have struggled getting talent at this position.

This specific decision defies common sense. Period.

Wow.. no. Nelson out played Hill last year and the entire preseason while considering we gave Salas zero opportunity at that time our projected #2 was Nelson. So I honestly don't understand where one gets off putting Nelson in the slot. Where does Kerley go?

I dont ever think Nelson was #2 on the depth chart at any point of time in the preseason.

But lets say you are right, that Neslon is #2WR on opening day. Question is what is Nelson doing now. Do i want my opening day #2 WR to have 6 recs for 40 -50 yards with quarter of a season over.  Then we wonder why the offense sucks.

I dont ever think Nelson was #2 on the depth chart at any point of time in the preseason.

But lets say you are right, that Neslon is #2WR on opening day. Question is what is Nelson doing now. Do i want my opening day #2 WR to have 6 recs for 40 -50 yards with quarter of a season over. Then we wonder why the offense sucks.

Can't possibly be that geno stinks. Demmmz wepaonzzzzxxxx

Relax. There is waiver process, jets at 1-3 have very good shot , if they want him. This entire season came down to whether geno played well or not. He hasn't, in fact he has been awful. Yes, we have some issues at wr and cb, but with any top 15 qb, we would be 3-1. That's it, the rest of the chatter.. Is just that chatter.

Archived