how screwed is this franchise?

Lizard King

You know, I really can't think up a scenario where this team is any sort of competitor now in the foreseeable future. The roster is in full rebuild, the coach is about to get canned, the gm is barely into his second year, we don't have a franchise qb or franchise any position except Wilkerson and Richardson for that matter... I'm not seeing any reason to be optimistic now for like five years easy. Thoughts?

You know, I really can't think up a scenario where this team is any sort of competitor now in the foreseeable future. The roster is in full rebuild, the coach is about to get canned, the gm is barely into his second year, we don't have a franchise qb or franchise any position except Wilkerson and Richardson for that matter... I'm not seeing any reason to be optimistic now for like five years easy. Thoughts?

we'll get a top 5 pick this year

Raiders are going 0-16 though 

Please don't curse in thread titles. This stuff shows up on our home page.  Thanks.  

Pretty ****ed. The roster is a sh*theap, the coach is a buffoon, the FO is overmatched, and the owner is a boob. We're bad at everything and it's going to take a herculean effort just to make the team competitive again.

You forgot that the GM is a tard

It's bad. Definitely bad, but not the worst.

Geno might not be our franchise QB (too early to tell), but it looks like we'll be getting a high pick next year and, either way, we don't have much $$$ invested in him.

Our cap situation is fantastic, and we can basically buy anything we want on the market next season. Heck, if there was a franchise QB on the market (there won't be), we could afford him.

Mangold and Brick might not have too much more left, but we have the time to rebuild our offensive line, and it's probable that at least one of if not two of the pieces of our future offensive line are already on the roster in Oday Aboushi and Dakota Dozier.

There's at least a couple years left on Decker's contract, I believe, meaning we'll have at least 1 solid contributor at receiver moving forward. Amaro? We'll see, but he's showed some signs. Kerley might be back. It's not a spectacular foundation to build on, but it is a foundation. Put a big time receiver around these guys and it will work just fine.

The Patriots are not dead yet as the Bengals game showed us, but they are nearing their end.

The main thing is that our cap is not tied down by underperforming vets. Sure we have a couple of them, as does every team. But we're in a much better position than most teams when it comes to that.

I would lmao if this Jets team goes 1-15. I hope Rex Ryan gets kicked off the jets in an embarrassing season. Geno Smith has no clue how to play football right now. Vick isn't the answer either too old. Mr.Woody Johnson should sell this team to an ownership group that cares about positive results and most importantly winning. What a bunch of clowns this Jets organization is and always will be. John Idzik was hired to mess everything up and not help this team in anyway possible.

This team is not going to be good for awhile in my opinion. This team is so irrelevant right now. The Jets are now playing for a Top 5 pick selection hopefully they get the #1 overall pick. This team always achieves at the lowest level possible and always settles for mediocrity. As a Jet fan I have gotten used to this already.

This team is hopeless and can't win. Its a Circus team LoL #SameOldJets!

It's a a very low point right now, in the middle of a brutal schedule my main issue is an aweful draft, not moving up to grab better prospects, and sitting an a ton of cash. Idzik won't be far behind Rex at this rate. If they try serving this level of sh#t pie next season Met Life will be empty.

I'm after scorched earth now GM and HC.

QB: If by end of the season the JETS evaluation is Geno does not cut it than they should draft a QB in the first round.

OL:  Has looked outright shabby. Gio is signed so we might need to keep him but we might new replacements at most likely all other 4 positions.

WR: After Decker there is a void. Kerley is a FA after this season if i am not mistaken. If he is resigned we need atleast one another go to guy by next season. If they let Kerley go we need atleast 2 more guys. I would like to get one WR in FA and hopefully the other via draft. Still hold out hope for Shaq Evans and Enunwa but at this point its blind hope. I would end the Nelson experiment. He has been the most disappointing WR so far from all guys who still are on the team.

TE: I would give this season for Amaro to develop. Cumberland for all his attributes may not ever contribute.Sudfeld is waste of space till now.

RB: Adding Johnson has been a subtraction by addition for this team because all the carries given to him could have easily gone to Ivory and Powell combined , both of whom have had a much larger impact. Its not just his running but the lack of receiving that is mind boggling.

CB: I am assuming we need a starting CB or two.

Safeties: Pryor needs to benched. I wont declare him a bust. He needs to learn the position Rex intends him to play. I wont mnid if he is benched for 4-5 weeks. After this season we will need some to replace Dawan Landry.

OLB: JETS could have addressed this position in the draft and found a starter heck even in the fith round. Pace despite two sacks today and playing his heart out is not getting any younger.4 and looked slower. We need someone to take his place. At this point i am not even focused on how Coples is doing.

ILB: Jeremiah George is enjoying the Florida sun and we need to again address this position to make up for the waste of a 5th round pick.

DL: JETS can keep Wilkerson on bargain basement price for the next season as well. Ellis should be allowed to walk. Who know he gets us a comp pick in 2016 draft.

Good news is we have cap room to spend. We have so far got all 7 picks and may get a comp pick as well.

I'd say pretty screwed because I don't think any serious head coach is going to submit themselves to Woody. A Belichick, Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll caliber coach is going to say no, so you're probably going to get stuck with some Yes man owner's schill like with the Redskins, until he gets fired three years later.

It is really screwed, but that could change quickly if the a$$hat owner would realize what an a$$hat he is.

What he needs to do, is completely clean house. I mean, like the way they do it when someone has cockroaches, with the tent, and the fumes and all that. Leave nothing behind from a FO/Coaching perspective.

What he will do, fire either Rex or Idzik, the one he likes a bit less at the time, and try to bring in someone to work with that person. So yeah, we are pretty F'd as long as Woody is the owner.

Hiring a GM with the condition that he has to keep the HC is about as bad of an idea as it gets. I said it than, I say it now. It leads to what we are seeing on the field.

Put yourself in the shoes of a coveted coach. Someone who is in demand, and has the luxury of being able to be picky about the HC gig he takes. Would you want to come here, and deal with this owner and front office, along with relentless media scrutiny?

Archived