Lots of hate for Idzik today on a national level

AFJF

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, and there is a difference between playing poorly and quitting on your HC.  Worst thing that can happen to a HC is to have his players quit on him, which is why there are some people who don't like Rex who are making that claim.  I was simply pointing out the fact that the claim, as of today, is complete BS.

They aren't quitting on ryan - agree that shouldn't be the argument but they are not being put in position to succeed and that is on Ryan plus based on what Davis is saying individual preparation is not optimal for many and again that's on the attitude and culture of the lockerroom that is also on Ryan. He should have benched Smith for missing the meeting period no excuses - getting his clock confused is not a good enough reason.

They aren't quitting on ryan - agree that shouldn't be the argument but they are not being put in position to succeed and that is on Ryan plus based on what Davis is saying individual preparation is not optimal for many and again that's on the attitude and culture of the lockerroom that is also on Ryan. He should have benched Smith for missing the meeting period no excuses - getting his clock confused is not a good enough reason.

Completely agree, my origianal comment was in response to those saying the team had quit on him.  I love Rex, and I'd love to see him do something that would get me to believe again, but as of this moment, he needs to go.  Can't have Davis saying guys aren't putting in the work when the HC's job is on the line.

We could have signed both Desean Jackson and Darrelle Revis this past off-season.  Instead we sign Jacoby Ford and D'Mitri Patterson.  That mistake is going to cost Idzik his career.

Yeah the Jets would be 1-4 with no cap space and jackson whining his butt off about not getting the ball.

Yeah the Jets would be 1-4 with no cap space and jackson whining his butt off about not getting the ball.

Could've had Tate and Flowers for under 10 mil.  Plenty of cap space, better team on the field.

Desean Jackson stat line facing the NFL's best defense and covered by the NFL's best Corner last night:

157 yards 1 touchdown

Guys like you were applauding Idzik for being "prudent" in the off-season signing scrubs like Patterson and Ford when we had the means to get real players.

Desean Jackson stat line facing the NFL's best defense and covered by the NFL's best Corner last night:

157 yards 1 touchdown

Guys like you were applauding Idzik for being "prudent" in the off-season signing scrubs like Patterson and Ford when we had the means to get real players.

Who won

Woody is a reactionary owner so you cant put it past him that Idzik may be in trouble at season's end. The issue would be how much is on Idzik's contract.

The problem is that neither Rex, the coaching staff nor Idzik should be entrusted with selecting and developing a high draft pick QB. They've already failed at that, for Rex its twice.

Not sure anyone has Tanny nostalgia, but as hard as it is to believe, Idzik is at least equally bad.

You can't make that evaluation fairly after two offseasons.

If your reasoning is because he didn't go a on a spending spree in free agency, then you're simply wrong.  Overpaying for a ton of free agents wasn't going to cover up for our horrid QB situation.

As for his drafts, the jury is still out on them.  This year's isn't looking so great.  Pryor and Amaro are going to be fine, but that's about it (so far).

Last year's draft brought in the Defensive Rookie of the Year, Milliner (who I still think is going to be a good player), and let's not forget it also brought us Chris Ivory in a trade, something many of us conveniently forget.  And despite how bad he's been, the Geno pick was the right one at that spot and point in time.  You can't fault Idzik for taking a chance there. 

And despite how bad he's been, the Geno pick was the right one at that spot and point in time.  You can't fault Idzik for taking a chance there. 

the mistake was 'Letting it ride' on such a chancy player. They needed to draft another QB, high. Worse case they have 2 great QBs and can trade one. Instead they have no QB and no chance. Idzik treats Geno like he's a top 5 pick (that he got at some amazing steal price) instead of the Browning Nagle/Kellen Clemens second rounder that he actually is. 

the mistake was 'Letting it ride' on such a chancy player. They needed to draft another QB, high. Worse case they have 2 great QBs and can trade one. Instead they have no QB and no chance. Idzik treats Geno like he's a top 5 pick (that he got at some amazing steal price) instead of the Browning Nagle/Kellen Clemens second rounder that he actually is. 

exactly. idzik was right to take a swing on a player that was considered a surefire top 5 pick a few months before the draft considering the jets black hole at QB. but what is not excusable is a blind commitment to a player that has now been proven to be a bust.

At least when Tannenbaum was here, the team was terrible and expensive.

I have the perfect solution.

We should hire Tanny for 2 years and then can him and then hire Idzik for 2 years. That way we have a team that is talented and not over salary cap.

Then just lather, rinse, repeat till eternity.

You are welcome!

I can't believe how many of you want to keep Rex for a 7th year

Bill Cowhers First 7 seasons:

11-5 - Made Div.Playoffs

9-7 - Made WC Playoffs

12-4 - Made AFCCG

11-5 - Made Super Bowl

10-6 - Made Div. Playoffs

11-5 - Made AFFCG

7-9

Cowher didn't have a losing or non-playoff year season till his 7th year. That's a lot of equity.

Rex's First Six Season:

9-7 - WC, Made AFCCG

11-5 - WC, Made AFCCG

8-8

6-10

8-8

1-4

Cowher had a solid roster and a competent organization.

Rex had Woody Johnson, Mike Tannebum, Idzig, Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sporano, not a single decent WR in four years....For years he had an excellent secondary and no pass ruah and we had a top defense in the league. Now we finally put together a solid d-line and we let our corners walk. We've seen him have success with half a d and no offense and we've only gotten worse since. Why not give him a real chance, just once?

The other option is start all over with a fresh group of idiots. Ryan may very well be burnt out here, but the fact is that he is the ONLY talented and halfway successful person we have had running this team since woody took over.

Revis and Cromartie....Both were there for the taking. We could probably use them. Smh

Then, with the remaining 5 mil----and perhaps CJ's 5 mil-- a professional WR....

I hear ya, but still not enuf on Offense to do anything. maybe if Vick has started Day One, who knows..

I really think Jets braintrust was evaluating/not serious aboiut SB run this year and thinking they would have evaluation data at end of year and then use 2015 FA cap cash in holes to make a 2015 SB run. 

We can still do that, BUT, we have to hit a homer on FA QB or tradeup for Oregons QB Mariota in draft (with way we are going, we may have a high pick and wont take much to move up, LOL) and hope he is polished as they say to start right away , aka Russell Wilson..

http://fansided.com/2014/10/01/mel-kiper-nfl-draft-big-board-2015-week-5/

who the F knows, LOL, I just want them to be good, dadgummit :)

the mistake was 'Letting it ride' on such a chancy player. They needed to draft another QB, high.

Either that, or sign a reliable average Veteran who can start and hold down the job if (when) Geno busts, if no "must have" QB was available or attainable.

Agreed.

Cowher had a solid roster and a competent organization.

Rex had Woody Johnson, Mike Tannebum, Idzig, Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sporano, not a single decent WR in four years....For years he had an excellent secondary and no pass ruah and we had a top defense in the league. Now we finally put together a solid d-line and we let our corners walk. We've seen him have success with half a d and no offense and we've only gotten worse since. Why not give him a real chance, just once?

The other option is start all over with a fresh group of idiots. Ryan may very well be burnt out here, but the fact is that he is the ONLY talented and halfway successful person we have had running this team since woody took over.

Woody is the only reason Rex got year 6 (and might get year 7).  Woody is fine, has never, even been "cheap", and it a perfectly average NFL Owner.  You NY'ers have no idea, try Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones on for a try and see what you think of Milktoast Woody.

As for the rest, it's the same old same old......to believe in Rex Ryan, you must think every other person associated with the NY Jets Franchise the past six years is literally the worst person at their jobs ever. 

That's called unrealistic blame deflection. 

We do not lack talent.  We lack a decent Head Coach and decent QB.

"Give him a real chance".  What a joke that is six years in.  What a joke that is given we all know Ryan's had a hand in personnel (and probably more of a hand that we know).   This sh*theap is Ryans teams, more than anyone elses, his stamp is all over it, front the vast overspending on the D-Line and reliance on JAGs in the D-backfield, to the focus of RB's and more RB's, and all some folks want to do is blame everyone BUT the architect and master of the team himself.

Did you really like his foot fetish videos and derpy dipsh*t media persona that much?

Lets presume it's not everyone else for a change and dump Ryan, and get a professional NFL Coach in instead of a clown car who belongs teaching high school kids.

Woody is the only reason Rex got year 6 (and might get year 7).  Woody is fine, has never, even been "cheap", and it a perfectly average NFL Owner.  You NY'ers have no idea, try Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones on for a try and see what you think of Milktoast Woody.

As for the rest, it's the same old same old......to believe in Rex Ryan, you must think every other person associated with the NY Jets Franchise the past six years is literally the worst person at their jobs ever. 

That's called unrealistic blame deflection. 

We do not lack talent.  We lack a decent Head Coach and decent QB.

"Give him a real chance".  What a joke that is six years in.  What a joke that is given we all know Ryan's had a hand in personnel (and probably more of a hand that we know).   This sh*theap is Ryans teams, more than anyone elses, his stamp is all over it, front the vast overspending on the D-Line and reliance on JAGs in the D-backfield, to the focus of RB's and more RB's, and all some folks want to do is blame everyone BUT the architect and master of the team himself.

Did you really like his foot fetish videos and derpy dipsh*t media persona that much?

Lets presume it's not everyone else for a change and dump Ryan, and get a professional NFL Coach in instead of a clown car who belongs teaching high school kids.

We don't lack talent?  What are we starting at WR and CB?  They have started numerous guys that they have cut and remain on the street.  Nobody is banging down the door to sign Lankster or Lewis.  Adams, Walls and the rest are not much better.  Allen is okay, but he is a safety.  Nelson was on the street for weeks last year.  Salas, Powell, Graham and Owusu?  These guys are ALL bottom of the roster guys.  When you go five deep at two different positions with guys that should be at best 50-53 on a roster you have a talent problem.

*LMFAO at JAGs in the defensive backfield showing Ryan's fingerprints.  If there is one thing Rex loves it is corners.  Everybody knows that and everybody has said it, from Billick on down.  If anything, he would have paid Revis and DRC.  I'm fine with not doing that, but Dimitri Patterson was apparently as bad as he seemed and we gave him $3M.  Nice job, yep all Ryan's idea I am sure.  Even Shane isn't this full of sh*t. 

I hear ya, but still not enuf on Offense to do anything. maybe if Vick has started Day One, who knows..

I really think Jets braintrust was evaluating/not serious aboiut SB run this year and thinking they would have evaluation data at end of year and then use 2015 FA cap cash in holes to make a 2015 SB run. 

We can still do that, BUT, we have to hit a homer on FA QB or tradeup for Oregons QB Mariota in draft (with way we are going, we may have a high pick and wont take much to move up, LOL) and hope he is polished as they say to start right away , aka Russell Wilson..

http://fansided.com/2014/10/01/mel-kiper-nfl-draft-big-board-2015-week-5/

who the F knows, LOL, I just want them to be good, dadgummit :)

In that case, IF the plan was to save for 2015 then I dont see how you could fire Rex Ryan and/or blame him for a sh---y season. AND it would've been nice to share that plan with the fans, especially the season ticket holders. Lol

And idk, it may just be a superficial assessment, but I just dont see how Revis for one year/12 mil and Cro for one year/ 3.5 mil---whp both wanted to be here-- could possibly , on any planet, have been a bad deal. Right? lol I would like someone to explain it to me. It almost seems like a joke. And there's no way that Rex Ryan could have been cool with that, which shows how bad he's been castrated this year. Its not even the same RR that went to the AFc championships.

Three years ago Revis and Cro anchored a defense that was lacking up front. Now our strength is up front and we cant find acorner back. haha idk

And just to ice the cake, the Pats grab him.

Archived