Epic Colin Cowherd rant on Rex/Jets

IPBanBadPosters

All good and valid points with the one major difference and glaring omission: where is Woody Johnson's culpability in that mess Colin? Not one word in that rant was uttered about the owner who chose to keep the guy "responsible" around for another year.

I'm at work. I will later. thanks.

He's basically saying that the Jets are playing stupid football and the reason being is the HC is stupid , fat but you would like to eat some wings with him because he reminds you of the guy down the street and for that reason the NY sports media is giving him a pass and blaming Geno and Idzik, did I summarize it pretty well guys?

Here's what annoys me: people have been saying this about Rex for six years and have been shouted down every year. Now those dicks who were doing the shouting are all about to jump on board this bandwagon because it's easy. Literally everything Cowherd said, I've said from Day One, but now it's en vogue because of confirmation bias.

Here's what annoys me: people have been saying this about Rex for six years and have been shouted down every year. Now those dicks who were doing the shouting are all about to jump on board this bandwagon because it's easy. Literally everything Cowherd said, I've said from Day One, but now it's en vogue because of confirmation bias.

If you want people to listen to you perhaps you should be less of a douche?

Considering 90+% of the NY sports media is still touting the "it's everyone's fault but Rex's" line, I don't really think that view is quite "en vogue," at least not yet.

You're the man!!!

I like Cowherd but calling Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard "smart Mangini guys" makes him sound a little clueless about the topic and undermines his position.

Bad examples on his part, but I'll still allow myself the credit as an influencer of his on Mangini's role here

You and me. Peas and carrots.

I've bashed Rex way before I ever posted on this board. I want to try and be fair here. I feel that he is a coordinator and not a head coach because he doesn't see the big picture and gets caught up in the details way too much. I have written a lot about my view on his approach and his deficencenies. That being said he does have some strengths and in the perfect scenario he could have success as a head coach.

I think Rex needs a solid veteran QB and he could turn around a franchise. Now you may be thinking, lots of guys could win with a high quality veteran QB, and why would a team like that be looking for a coach?

I think the Falcons will definitely be looking for a coach and I could see them going after Rex. That's an example of a place he might do well. There's no rookie to develop, you don't have to decide who to start or bench. You let one Ryan run the offense and the other could run the defense. Their current coach is a weak loser and their defense is soft. Rex could actually have some success with a ready made franchise QB in place.

Giving Rex 2 rookie QBs to be in charge of their development was a huge mistake by this franchise. I can't help but wonder what would have been with those 2009 & 2010 squads if Favre would have stayed. I am not a Favre fan, but with a veteran guy like Favre, healthy and with more time in this system, with Braylon and Holmes. Interesting thought.

Fantastic point and I think you're spot on regarsing Atlanta being a potential landing spot. 

Archived