We Want Marcus Mariota!!!!

GangGreenDover

You didn't watch that game did you? Mariota was inaccurate and rattled by pressure all night long, part of the reason they fell down so early is he couldn't get the offense going and coughed the ball up early. You credit him for a failed come back, but then dismiss Winston's second half vs Auburn and ND? Mariota was playing to keep their title shot alive and they couldn't do it. 

Listen, both are great prospects, but you need to be picky when comparing the best and since they don't play in the best divisions, last year we saw both QBs face only a couple of tight games. Mariota got injured against Stanford, but looked lost even before then, same the year prior. He just couldn't get that offense moving. Against Arizona he never got the team back in the game in a blowout loss. With Winston it is the opposite. He started slow against Boston College falling down 17-3, and by halftime they had the lead after an incredible play by Winston to break numerous tackles and find his WR one on one downfield for a long TD pass. Then  the same thing against Auburn: he lead his team from 21-3 down to win a national title.  To me, these are also remarkably fair comparisons, Boston College and Arizona were bowl opponents, and Stanford and Auburn top 10 teams. Winston is the it factor. I like Mariota as well,  but Jameis can play, he's a rare talent.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

He played with a sprained mcl. Of course he's going to be inaccurate. Meanwhile Winston, gets suspended for Crab legs and shouting random sh*t on campus.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jets fans debating Mariota vs Winston is just way premature. Having a choice between these guys would be a best case scenario.

Not to mention Winston would be a fool to declare for the draft this year, and every advisor with in a mile will tell him this. He needs to come back to school for 1 more year, and straighten out his off the field issues, and become the no doubt about it 1st overall pick in 2016.

He played with a sprained mcl. Of course he's going to be inaccurate. Meanwhile Winston, gets suspended for Crab legs and shouting random sh*t on campus.

You forgot to mention raping women, and taking a BB gun to campus to run around shooting squirrels.

We'll have a top-3 pick for the first time since '96, and people actually want to use it to draft this moron? Unbelievable.

A large part of his game is his athleticism/rushing the ball, if he can't learn to play banged up and protect himself better, he's not going to make it very long in this league. It's the reason I don't like these zone-read type QBs, give me the prototypical pocket passer every day of the week and twice on sundays.

A large part of his game is his athleticism/rushing the ball, if he can't learn to play banged up and protect himself better, he's not going to make it very long in this league. It's the reason I don't like these zone-read type QBs, give me the prototypical pocket passer every day of the week and twice on sundays.

I remember Rivers playing a playoff game with a torn acl. He looked like sh*t out their. If a qb suffers the kind of injury Mariota suffered, he generally would be benched.

Also, if your basing it on passing, Mariota's mechanics are way better then Winstons. Winston release is just ugly.

jets fans debating Mariota vs Winston is just way premature. Having a choice between these guys would be a best case scenario. 

This is why I say tank. The Jets have a legit shot at the number 1 pick here. There is nothing to gain from winning anymore, and having the #1 gives you options. Let's be honest, everyone's biggest fear is that we get stuck with the one of the two that winds up being a bust. This prevents that. Counted that we can be confident in our scouting by then.

Which raises another question. Does anyone really trust Idzik with a top 2-3 pick?

Eagles will be drafting near the bottom of the 1st, they'll need to give up a king's ransom for him. If we don't end up with the #1 by virtue of our record, then we can still easily outbid Philly if need be.

not If Idzik is here . If he wanted to bid for the top pick he would no doubt drag his ass just liek he did with all the potential FA's last offseason,

Archived