Tannenbaum > Idzik

jgb

Guy has an eye for talent. Trader Mike making the move for Sanchez was brilliance. With a strict capologist working underneath him (I know this was his background but he's transcended that) he will be an excellent GM for someone down the road.

he bombed on the Vlad pick,  Hill Pick, and Coples pick, and the Tebow mess was stupid in which he probably still kicking himself today for.

But if that Vlad pick had worked out then maybe that would have helped both the running game and cut down on Sanchez ints but who knows.

I only mention Coples because they needed to go offense in 1st round that year and they didnt.  They knew what they had in vlad they could have taken DeCastro or some other OL or even WR. 

Whatevs - woulda shoulda coulda

he bombed on the Vlad pick,  Hill Pick, and Coples pick, and the Tebow mess was stupid in which he probably still kicking himself today for.

But if that Vlad pick had worked out then maybe that would have helped both the running game and cut down on Sanchez ints but who knows.

I only mention Coples because they needed to go offense in 1st round that year and they didnt.  They knew what they had in vlad they could have taken DeCastro or some other OL or even WR. 

Whatevs - woulda shoulda coulda

It's like Gholston never even happened.

Guy has an eye for talent. Trader Mike making the move for Sanchez was brilliance. With a strict capologist working underneath him (I know this was his background but he's transcended that) he will be an excellent GM for someone down the road.

Bring back The Dream team, and re-sign Sanchez to! (Ducks).

Tannenbaum is infact better then Idzik. Tannenbaum brought in players that won. Idzik had 12 pick selections that only 4 have worked out. It was a better Jets world with Tannenbaum as the general manager because he could atleast evaluate talent. Idzik couldnt evaluate talent if it was infront of him lol.

Tannenbaum is infact better then Idzik. Tannenbaum brought in players that won. Idzik had 12 pick selections that only 4 have worked out. It was a better Jets world with Tannenbaum as the general manager because he could atleast evaluate talent. Idzik couldnt evaluate talent if it was infront of him lol.

Let's be real here. Tannenbaum was incapable of evaluating talent. All he could do was overpay for veterans who'd already proven themselves in this league.

well like a lot of teams there was good and bad - I think he did better when he traded up for whatever reason.

Like for Sanchez?

Oh wait, I forgot, he's great now. Lol.

I think the trading up thing was all part of the inability to evaluate talent thing. He had no faith in himself with those later picks, so why not package them and get a player there's a consensus on? The result was a top heavy roster with no depth. Idzik has been trying to change that by keeping his picks to build some depth but, unfortunately, he sucks at those later picks, too.

Like for Sanchez?

I think the trading up thing was all part of the inability to evaluate talent thing. He had no faith in himself with those later picks, so why not package them and get a player there's a consensus on? The result was a top heavy roster with no depth. Idzik has been trying to change that by keeping his picks to build some depth but, unfortunately, he sucks at those later picks, too.

Yes like Sanchez who has proven a few time to be much better than Geno which ur boy wasted a 2nd round pick on while other QB teams took a pass and he pouted on national TV.

Its only your perception what Idziot "has been trying to do" to me he has just been running around in circles like chicken with no head.

Yes like Sanchez who has proven a few time to be much better than Geno which ur boy wasted a 2nd round pick on while other QB teams took a pass and he pouted on national TV.

Its only your perception what Idziot "has been trying to do" to me he has just been running around in circles like chicken with no head.

lol. If you think Idzik is "my boy," you need to start reading a little more closely. I want the guy fired yesterday.

Holy troll bait, Batman!

Opposite poles on the spectrum of suck.

Like for Sanchez?

at least he knew what he doesn't know. idzik thinks he is the king of bargain hunting and can find treasures anywhere when all he comes home with from the flea market is broken trash

at least he knew what he doesn't know. idzik thinks he is the king of bargain hunting and can find treasures anywhere when all he comes home with from the flea market is broken trash

They each suck in their own special way and, when all is said and done, neither will ever work as a GM again.

They each suck in their own special way and, when all is said and done, neither will ever work as a GM again.

tannenbaum made mistakes. but he did build a team that made it to 2 AFC championships. If those accomplishments go on Rex's resume, they go on Tannenbaum's as well.

He also picked Sanchez, who is blowing up scoreboards in Philly under a real coach.

Word has it some fans are longing for the Tanny era. You never know. He might be back to screw up again. Then the fans will long for someone who did not abuse the salary cap and overpaid players. I betchha than the very same people will long for Idzik.  So in a couple of seasons...........

I'll say it again, SAR was right - we kept the dunce we should've fired in Rex, while getting rid of the two net positives in Tanny and Sanchez.

Imagine the Jets right now with Tannenbaum still as GM, Sanchez still as QB, and say, Chip Kelly as our HC for the past 2 years?

Rex was always the problem with this team; he just excelled at pulling the wool over the eyes of the most gullible and easily hoodwinked fans. He may not be the defensive genius he's cracked up to be, but he's an absolute master of deflecting the blame that should rest on his shoulders onto others, and getting a sizable portion of the fanbase to buy it.

I'll say it again, SAR was right - we kept the dunce we should've fired in Rex, while getting rid of the two net positives in Tanny and Sanchez.

Imagine the Jets right now with Tannenbaum still as GM, Sanchez still as QB, and say, Chip Kelly as our HC for the past 2 years?

Rex was always the problem with this team; he just excelled at pulling the wool over the eyes of the most gullible and easily hoodwinked fans. He may not be the defensive genius he's cracked up to be, but he's an absolute master of deflecting the blame that should rest on his shoulders onto others, and getting a sizable portion of the fanbase to buy it.

Rexey is better suited to becoming the pitchman for Dr Scholls footware, rexey the salesman could make 3x his HC salary and actually be good at it

lol. If you think Idzik is "my boy," you need to start reading a little more closely. I want the guy fired yesterday.

Fair enough but the thread is about Tanny->idziot and you seem to be arguing that idziot is better than Tanny.  Is how I took it anyway.

ask yourself 1 question.

How far away from the playoffs was the last Tanny roster (meaning what positions would have gotten them to playoffs)

Then ask yourself what does this team need to get to playoffs.

Don't say QB because both teams have what they have.

Is Trader Mike better than Mr. $20mil Idzik? Of course he is. Tannenbaum  was relentless, unlike the Mr. Calm. His downfall was the gurantees he offered to Holmes, Sanchez, Pace and Bart Scott. At the time, they were not the worst decision. But Bart declined rapidly, Holmes turned into a trouble child and Sanchez was left with nobodies. 

Archived