Will you root for Rex if he becomes another team's HC?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming it's not a team the Jets are facing that week and not a team we're in competition with. For example, let's say by some miracle we end up essentially swapping coaches with SF. Would you root for Rex? I'm pretty sure I actually would.

It's a moot point.

What other NFL team would hire Rex as a HC?

Assuming it's not a team the Jets are facing that week and not a team we're in competition with.  For example, let's say by some miracle we end up essentially swapping coaches with SF.  Would you root for Rex?  I'm pretty sure I actually would.

I always pull for players or coaches who do their time in Green and White as long as they're not selfish pricks while they're here.  At the end of the day these guys are human beings.  If they're decent human beings I wish them well.  If it's a Revis/Keyshawn type, then no, I don't root for them. 

I can't wrap my mind around the Rex complex some elements of this fanbase have. The guy essentially burned this team to the ground and pissed on the rubble, and there's still a good deal of love for him from some quarters…I just don't get it.

Anyway, like PatsTX said above, it's a moot point, since he'll never get another HC gig in this league again.

I can't wrap my mind around the Rex complex some elements of this fanbase have. The guy essentially burned this team to the ground and pissed on the rubble, and there's still a good deal of love for him from some quarters…I just don't get it.

Anyway, like PatsTX said above, it's a moot point, since he'll never get another HC gig in this league again.

That's all fine and good, but there will always be fans who can't wrap their heads around forgetting the good that Rex did.  He brought this sorry franchise to the highest heights it's seen since I started watching almost thirty years ago.  Like him or not, that happened, and some of us who enjoyed it aren't going to go forward pretending it didn't.  How can people act like showing gratitude/loyalty/appreciation is such an unfathomable things? 

Don't get it either.  Fuk Rex and the yak he rode in on.  I will hope he fuks up every other football job he cons some owner/GM/AD into giving him.

That's all fine and good, but there will always be fans who can't wrap their heads around forgetting the good that Rex did.  He brought this sorry franchise to the highest heights it's seen since I started watching almost thirty years ago.  Like him or not, that happened, and some of us who enjoyed it aren't going to go forward pretending it didn't.  How can people act like showing gratitude/loyalty/appreciation is such an unfathomable things? 

Rex didn't have anything to do with the early success that the Jets achieved - hell, I could've coached those Mangini-built teams to those AFCCG's. Our early success came in spite of Rex, not because of him. And, as we all can see, once he got to put his imprint on the team…well, the results speak for themselves.

As unpopular an opinion as it may be, we would be much better off today had we never fired Mangini.

Rex didn't have anything to do with the early success that the Jets achieved - hell, I could've coached those Mangini-built teams to those AFCCG's. Our early success came in spite of Rex, not because of him. And, as we all can see, once he got to put his imprint on the team…well, the results speak for themselves.

As unpopular an opinion as it may be, we would be much better off today had we never fired Mangini.

Not really much point in talking about all the other things that other people could have done.  Because they didn't. Like him or not, Rex did it.  Not Groh, not Herm, not Coslet, not Parcells, and definitely not Mangini.   Mangini, the defensive guru who couldn't get his unit to crack the top fifteen two of the three years he was here, only to have Rex come in and far outperform anything Mangini did right off the bat.  

yep although our defense would prob suck if we kept mangini oh wait rex is calling.

Must be why he's such a hot commodity. 

He's a colorful, well intentioned guy.

I can understand how Jets fans can love the guy.

But when you take a step back and evaluate him as a HC, he has been a complete disaster.

Unfortunately for Jet fans, it will take the Jets years to dig out of the mess created by Rex.

yea unless he goes to the pats and becomes their d coordinator

Said this a couple years ago...I think Rex could go to NE and win a few rings there as the DC and learn a bit from BB before getting another HC gig.  I still think he ends up in ATL.

If rex was never with the jets and coached another team, this board would mock him as a fat loumouthed pervert-clown. Some will take time to let go but eventualy most will see him for what he truly is. Homers never go down without a fight.

No, rex is just that awful.

Mangini is lucky the Jets have also employed Kotite and Holtz, otherwise he'd be the worst coach in the team's history. He's absolutely horrible, as his stint in Cleveland followed by being out of the league entirely atest to. 

At worst, Rex'll be a DC at the NFL level. Mangini probably isn't qualified to coach the TE's he's currently in charge of. 

Mangini is lucky the Jets have also employed Kotite and Holtz, otherwise he'd be the worst coach in the team's history. He's absolutely horrible, as his stint in Cleveland followed by being out of the league entirely atest to. 

At worst, Rex'll be a DC at the NFL level. Mangini probably isn't qualified to coach the TE's he's currently in charge of. 

I think he's currently the 49ers back-up OL coach or something like that.  His impeccable draft record cemented his legacy as a top-notch talent elevator.  

Lol vernon davis has been straight up garbage this year

I think he's currently the 49ers back-up OL coach or something like that.  His impeccable draft record cemented his legacy as a top-notch talent elevator.

Yeah I don't remember people praising Mangini back in the day for the draft picks, Tanny was getting that credit until he became public enemy #1. Then it was selective credit - Mangini was the one behind Revis and Mangold but it was Tanny that chose Gholston. Likewise no one was talking about how Rex was winning with Mangini draft picks until he fell out of favor. Total BS in my opinion. Mangini can't even get a job as a DC where Rex will have suitors lined up out the door if he wants a job

Archived