Time Running out on Idzik’s Dirty Dozen

JetNation

Then Rex has only been handed two players in six drafts? The coaching sucks, the players get worse every year, the staff is made up of Rex's drinking buddies, and there is no penalty for sucking, and no motivation to improve, because Rex is just going to play the guys he likes come hell or high water. Jason ******* Babin played 59 snaps last game. Willie Colon plays every snap at RG. Dawan Landry gets to play Pryor's position, all because they're Rex's guys. This coaching staff is awful with young talent outside of the DL.

And if Rex could just get Pryor to meetings on time or go out on the field and tackle for him. Sorry dude but by the time you get to the NFL you should be able to tackle. You also don't pick a 165 pound player. The list goes on and on and on.......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont you guys know drafted players must be pro bowlers instantly???

I was told that numerous times by SOJF bookkeepers over at JI !

Most Jets fans were just hoping the would still be on the roster. Was that asking too much?

Most Jets fans were just hoping the would still be on the roster. Was that asking too much?

Exactly.. my thoughts exactly. I understand 5th,6th and 7th round draft picks being cut.. but really? Some of the highest round draft picks the last few years are terrible enough to label a bust 3 years in..

This...nobody is saying this class is a flop because they're not pro-bowlers, it's a flop to this point because too many players are gone.  The Saunders pick will always piss me off.  I wanted to be optimistic and figured "hey, that's why they get the big bucks" but apparently not.

And if Rex could just get Pryor to meetings on time or go out on the field and tackle for him. Sorry dude but by the time you get to the NFL you should be able to tackle. You also don't pick a 165 pound player. The list goes on and on and on.......

I think the entire problem is that Rex doesn't command enough respect to get guys like Pryor and Geno to show up to meetings on time. Think about the type of environment that condones that behavior from young players, then think about how that might affect their development in the NFL.

I think the entire problem is that Rex doesn't command enough respect to get guys like Pryor and Geno to show up to meetings on time. Think about the type of environment that condones that behavior from young players, then think about how that might affect their development in the NFL.

"So wait, I can perform like sh*t, yell and curse at our customers, come in whenever I damn well please, and I still get to keep my job and keep getting all the good shifts? You're the best boss ever!"

- Best Buy employee

The team needs a new coach. Rex is terrible. Doesn't excuse the fact that half the picks and free agent signings are not on the roster. Also doesn't excuse leaving all the holes on the roster this year and all that cap room.10 million would have been fine - but 20 million is rediculous. Plus why was Vick signed to begin with if he was never going to be given a chance to compete?

The team needs a new coach. Rex is terrible. Doesn't excuse the fact that half the picks and free agent signings are not on the roster. Also doesn't excuse leaving all the holes on the roster this year and all that cap room.10 million would have been fine - but 20 million is rediculous. Plus why was Vick signed to begin with if he was never going to be given a chance to compete?

Vick was a back up. We all thought Geno would be better this year.

That said.. The game has passed REX by. He is as good a coach as his brother.

If we had a great QB, perhaps we look like the 2010 JETS. However, I have seen enough. Rex has no ability to manage a team, handle details, timeouts develop players, discipline.

It's time.

Not happy with the draft, however im not ready to give up on some guys.  First off i agree Pryor hasnt been good BUT i am willing to wait until next year to see how he responds and hopefully he is put back into a position he is mst comfortable.  Amaro was a good pick and once we get a beter QB he will get even more production but hopefully the concussion isnt too serious.  Mcdougle has talent but like Milliner the guy is constantly injured.  One of Idzik's problems is that he takes too many injury prone players and then expects them to be key starters. The saunders ick was terrible i agree, Evans was projected to be a 4th rounder so i didnt have too much of a problem.  Other than that Reilly has been decent.  Next Year we better have a new GM since we will have a top pick and cant screw it up

The entire problem with your argument is that you think the entire problem is Rex. It's not. He certainly has his faults, and not coming down on them hard enough for infractions such as you cite would be among them, but that's far from the entire problem. He's shown he can win games when he has some talent to work with. Hell, he even showed in Idzik's first year that he could go .500 with no talent to work with.

Football teams are large organizations, and there's plenty of people to spread the blame around. The front office has gone from bad to worse during Rex's tenure, and that's reflected in the record this year. Rex is already gone, but Idzik has to be, too. A complete reboot is the only way to go here.

If we have 4 decent players when the dust settles Id be happy.  

By decent I mean Pryor must be better than Wilson.

Amaro IMO will be good.

The rest.....  well we will see but 4 is the high water mark.

Our players will be BETTER next year with a good coach. I say Rex is gone around December 30-- and we sign DAN QUINN from

the SEATTLE team.  He's a NEW Jersey guy anyway.   He should be way better than Rex.

Then Rex has only been handed two players in six drafts? The coaching sucks, the players get worse every year, the staff is made up of Rex's drinking buddies, and there is no penalty for sucking, and no motivation to improve, because Rex is just going to play the guys he likes come hell or high water. Jason ******* Babin played 59 snaps last game. Willie Colon plays every snap at RG. Dawan Landry gets to play Pryor's position, all because they're Rex's guys. This coaching staff is awful with young talent outside of the DL.

ain't it the truth. !    These players will all be better next year , when they hire DAN Quinn as our HC.   A NJ guy--- he should be an excellent HC.

I never wanted them to hire Rex.... always thought he didn't know what he was doing.   Early success was based on the tough Mangini- era players.

Our players will be BETTER next year with a good coach. I say Rex is gone around December 30-- and we sign DAN QUINN from

the SEATTLE team.  He's a NEW Jersey guy anyway.   He should be way better than Rex.

Local guys always work out...Groh and Kotite were both from NYC!

ain't it the truth. !    These players will all be better next year , when they hire DAN Quinn as our HC.   A NJ guy--- he should be an excellent HC.

I never wanted them to hire Rex.... always thought he didn't know what he was doing.   Early success was based on the tough Mangini- era players.

The same players Mangini went 5-16 with sans a healthy Brett Favre? Lol. That truly is the myth that just won't die. It's just so hard to believe that the rest of the league continues to ignore his incredible team building powers. Why would that be?

Local guys always work out...Groh and Kotite were both from NYC!

Kotite was home for dinner with his wife in Staten Island every night at 6pm. So that was kinda nice for him.

The same players Mangini went 5-16 with sans a healthy Brett Favre? Lol. That truly is the myth that just won't die. It's just so hard to believe that the rest of the league continues to ignore his incredible team building powers. Why would that be?

Kotite was home for dinner with his wife in Staten Island every night at 6pm. So that was kinda nice for him.

As I just said to somebody else, Rex took Mangini's team from 18th(ish) to first in total defense by bringing in Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard and letting them run the defense the way he wanted it to be run.  People have gone so insane that they're completely re-writing the things he did here.

The entire problem with your argument is that you think the entire problem is Rex. It's not. He certainly has his faults, and not coming down on them hard enough for infractions such as you cite would be among them, but that's far from the entire problem. He's shown he can win games when he has some talent to work with. Hell, he even showed in Idzik's first year that he could go .500 with no talent to work with.

Football teams are large organizations, and there's plenty of people to spread the blame around. The front office has gone from bad to worse during Rex's tenure, and that's reflected in the record this year. Rex is already gone, but Idzik has to be, too. A complete reboot is the only way to go here.

Rex is both the principal and common denominator, however.

Rex is both the principal and common denominator, however.

You had as much, if not more, venom for Tannenbaum as you now have for Rex up until the moment he was fired. And Idzik has actually been worse. I do not get your attachment to this guy at all.

Also, Rex is done. He's absolutely going to be fired at the end of the season. Not sure if you heard. What are you going to post about once it's done? It would be awesome if you started trying out some of those new themes, instead of beating this dead, buried, and thoroughly decayed horse at this point.

You had as much, if not more, venom for Tannenbaum as you now have for Rex up until the moment he was fired. And Idzik has actually been worse. I do not get your attachment to this guy at all.

Actually it's pretty easy to see why T0m loves Idzik. He believes if retained and given the chance to pick a head coach, Idzik will hire Darrell Bevell.

I don't see the big with Bevell, but I'd rather make him the GM and coach before allowing Idzik to thoroughly f*ck up another draft for us.

Also, Rex is done. He's absolutely going to be fired at the end of the season. Not sure if you heard. What are you going to post about once it's done? It would be awesome if you started trying out some of those new themes, instead of beating this dead, buried, and thoroughly decayed horse at this point.

Here's the thing. You can fire Rex, and you can fire Idzik, but I absolutely reject the idea (and inevitable future narrative) that Rex got fired because of Idzik. It's of crucial importance that we, presently, acknowledge that Rex is getting fired due to his own inadequacy so that we, in the future, don't convince ourselves as Jets fans that Rex was actually a good coach here. Rex is getting fired because of Rex. I will remain vigilant until each and all understand this.

Actually it's pretty easy to see why T0m loves Idzik. He believes if retained and given the chance to pick a head coach, Idzik will hire Darrell Bevell.

I don't see the big with Bevell, but I'd rather make him the GM and coach before allowing Idzik to thoroughly f*ck up another draft for us.

I'm not that worried about Bevell. I liked him last year because he was the most likely Rex replacement. Seeing as how Rex was not fired, it's a moot point, though I think he could still be a good coach here.

Here's the thing. You can fire Rex, and you can fire Idzik, but I absolutely reject the idea (and inevitable future narrative) that Rex got fired because of Idzik. It's of crucial importance that we, presently, acknowledge that Rex is getting fired due to his own inadequacy so that we, in the future, don't convince ourselves as Jets fans that Rex was actually a good coach here. Rex is getting fired because of Rex. I will remain vigilant until each and all understand this.

As long as you understand that you've gone from being like one of those small time comics who used to be funny, to an old, bitter, still not discovered, unfunny type of comic.

But keep going! We generally come around to 100% consensus on just about every subject here. I'm sure it won't be long.

FB ? In this year's 12 picks in the draft ?

Last year we were supposed to be impressed by all the starters that Idzik landed.   A CB (4 good games, missed this season), D lineman (great pick), QB (who has been horrible) OG (very low rated and did not seem to improve for 2014) and a FB (is that still even a thing?).  This year we are supposed to be impressed that last years #5 has been better at LG than last year's #3. I am not impressed.  

How many starters did we get in 2012?  Even if they all turn out, we are looking at S, TE, CB, WR, G and DE/LB.  This team was absolutely desperate at CB and WR and got zero from the draft.  

So if we get 4 to 5 starters from this draft would you still call it a failure

It depends on the definition of starter. Brian Winters was a starter they got out of last year's draft. So was Geno. How about players that could start on another team, not just this terrible one. 

I totally agree. When I say Idzik sucks it is never to discount the horrible job Rex has done here. The players Idzik picked were really, really bad. But that in no way excuses the teams lack of discipline and bad gameplanning. 

I'm not that worried about Bevell. I liked him last year because he was the most likely Rex replacement. Seeing as how Rex was not fired, it's a moot point, though I think he could still be a good coach here.

Bevell may very well be a great coaching hire. Hopefully by a GM who can manage the draft, roster and cap better.

Archived