Charley Casserly…Rex’s Savior?

JetNation

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NY Jets, 1983-2008: 4 playoff wins. QB: O'Brien, Testaverde, and 2x Pennington

Rex Ryan: 4 playoff wins. QB: Mark Sanchez

Worst coach in the history of this or any other universe.

And the 2 Snoopy trophies. Don't forget the Snoopy trophies.

NY Jets:1983-2008 2 division titles

Rex Ryan: 0 division titles

Oddly, no Super Bowl berths in any of thoe. But it has been really a swell last 6 years. Why give that up?

NY Jets, 1983-2008: 4 playoff wins. QB: O'Brien, Testaverde, and 2x Pennington

Rex Ryan: 4 playoff wins. QB: Mark Sanchez

Worst coach in the history of this or any other universe.

This franchise is horrible.

And the 2 Snoopy trophies. Don't forget the Snoopy trophies.

NY Jets:1983-2008 2 division titles

Rex Ryan: 0 division titles

Oddly, no Super Bowl berths in any of thoe. But it has been really a swell last 6 years. Why give that up?

Shockingly, every single one of those two division titles is pre-Tom Brady. I bet no one could've guessed that.

The Jets have won 11 or more games in a regular season four times, Rex owns one of those. They've been to the championship game five times, Rex owns two of those.

I understand the frustration with Rex Ryan. He's certainly flawed as a head coach. He also happens to be one of the most successful coaches this team has ever had. The idea that the team is going to move on from him and instantly improve is probably a pipe dream. History suggests that it's gonna get worse.

Shockingly, every single one of those two division titles is pre-Tom Brady. I bet no one could've guessed that.

The Jets have won 11 or more games in a regular season four times, Rex owns one of those. They've been to the championship game five times, Rex owns two of those.

I understand the frustration with Rex Ryan. He's certainly flawed as a head coach. He also happens to be one of the most successful coaches this team has ever had. The idea that the team is going to move on from him and instantly improve is probably a pipe dream. History suggests that it's gonna get worse.

History suggests that Rex peaked four years ago and has been in professional free-fall ever since.

History suggests that Rex peaked four years ago and has been in professional free-fall ever since.

John Idzik is one of the worst GMs in Jets' history, Rex Ryan is one of the most successful coaches in Jets' history.

Keeping Rex just might be crazy enough to work. It might have to happen if Harbaugh or someone of similar talents is not actually available. The hire needs to be a clear upgrade, not another shot in the dark.

totes magotes

How can you hope to upgrade on a 42% career winning percentage I mean come on

This would be a good post if today was Opposite Day.

But today is not Opposite Day.

What a terrific sequence of posts. Good work, gentlemen... and cat.

It is guys like you, who are afraid to make moves, because of "history" that prevent great things from happening. 

hippie induced synapses not firing properly.

I employ various chemical compounds to ensure that my synapses are overclocked 24/7.

You should try it. You come across as a guy who can't enjoy a rainbow or a sunset. It makes my synapses sad.

Archived