Johnny Football gets drinks thrown at him at night club over weekend

Blackout

Johnny Manziel was involved in another incident over the weekend, according to a report from TMZ. The Browns' embattled rookie quarterback reportedly had drinks thrown on him by nightclub patrons in Houston after being heckled by the crowd, according to an area promotion company responsible for hosting the event.

Members of the public were yelling at Manziel and alleged to have tried to "aggressively take photos" with the quarterback when he became fed up and flipped off the hecklers. This escalated the situation and drinks were thrown at Manziel, at which point he and his entourage left Dekan nightclub.

"I ducked and I looked at Johnny and we grabbed security and they ran us out of there," J.R. told TMZ Sports.

Manziel reportedly left the club, but returned when he was informed by security that the people responsible for throwing drinks were made to leave.

This latest incident comes less than two weeks after an alleged party caused Manziel and teammate Josh Gordon to be late to a Browns team meeting. The fallout from that incident was a contrite Manziel saying he would need to "stop acting like a jackass" if he hoped to have his NFL career progress further.

The Browns organization has not issued a statement at this time regarding Manziel's incident in Cleveland. Houston police were not informed of the event at Dekan nightclub, but the altercation flies in the face of a warning issued to Manziel by the Browns to not be photographed in bars or clubs.

the altercation flies in the face of a warning issued to Manziel by the Browns to not be photographed in bars or clubs.

aaand now that the secret is out, expect Johnny Football to be photographed in EVERY bar or club he goes to. 

How is he supposed to keep people from taking pictures of him? Yes, I realize the whole idea is for him to stop going to nightclubs and bars. Just a real silly way to get to that point. Also, not really sure they can tell him what he can or can't do in his free time.

The disciplinary Mike Pettine who kept Rex in check and was the only reason the team had any accountability is doing a great job in Cleveland.

Pettine deserve every bit of the abuse he's taken and every bit he will continue to take when he has to start Johnny football next year.

Pettine deserve every bit of the abuse he's taken and every bit he will continue to take when he has to start Johnny football next year.

I seriously doubt that happens. My bet is they sign Hoyer. Pettine isn't going to tank his career for Johnny Football when he knows he sucks.

I seriously doubt that happens. My bet is they sign Hoyer. Pettine isn't going to tank his career for Johnny Football when he knows he sucks.

They know Hoyer isn't the answer and have to see what Johnny can do....No way they can give up on him after two games.  

You don't give up on a first round draft pick after two games...He's going to have to get a chance.

They know Hoyer isn't the answer and have to see what Johnny can do....No way they can give up on him after two games.  

You don't give up on a first round draft pick after two games...He's going to have to get a chance.

Disagree. Hoyer played well for a team missing key weapons. I also believe they had key injuries. He kept them in the play off hunt and has a strong W/L record as a starter for them. I don't expect them to give him a contract that's even as good as Andy Dalton's mere 50M, but they'll give him one that will get him to stay.

In Hoyer they have a quarterback showing flashes, who wins them games and contributed to one of their most exciting and promising seasons in a long time.

If they throw him aside for Johnny Media, when they already know he sucks, it'll be the same ole' Browns, and theyll deserve what they get.

Pettine shot down the media hype when it was at its most frenzied, at the beginning of the season, to do what he thought was best for the team.

He's not going to cave a year later AFTER everybody clearly knows he sucks.

Disagree. Hoyer played well for a team missing key weapons. I also believe they had key injuries. He kept them in the play off hunt and has a strong W/L record as a starter for them. I don't expect them to give him a contract that's even as good as Andy Dalton's mere 50M, but they'll give him one that will get him to stay.

In Hoyer they have a quarterback showing flashes, who wins them games and contributed to one of their most exciting and promising seasons in a long time.

If they throw him aside for Johnny Media, when they already know he sucks, it'll be the same ole' Browns, and theyll deserve what they get.

Pettine shot down the media hype when it was at its most frenzied, at the beginning of the season, to do what he thought was best for the team.

He's not going to cave a year later AFTER everybody clearly knows he sucks.

Brian Hoyer is Geno Smith minus the running ability.

Thank goodness we didn't draft this f*ck up.

I remember Namath raving about him. And all I could think was how he wouldn't hold up physically or mentally in the NFL. Definitely glad we passed on him.

Teams are having less and less patience for this and it looks pretty certain Manziel stinks anyways.

No way. ESPN has assured me on numerous occasions that he'll regularly have 10 seconds to run around and find his receivers on sand lot type patterns. They assured me.

Archived