My favorite line on Todd Bowles resume

Klecko73isGod

He entered the league as an undrafted free agent. 

Bowles entered the league as a UDFA in 1986, when the draft was 12 rounds, and lasted 8 years. 

I think we are going to have a coach that rewards performance and ignores draft status. I think it's pretty safe to say that moving forward, if a guy isn't being given playing time, its because he's not earning it. 

No more whining from the peanut gallery about the Matt Simms and Brett Ratliffs of the world. If Todd Bowles doesn't play a guy, it'll be because the guy sucks. 

Bowles entered the league as a UDFA in 1986, when the draft was 12 rounds, and lasted 8 years.

I think we are going to have a coach that rewards performance and ignores draft status. I think it's pretty safe to say that moving forward, if a guy isn't being given playing time, its because he's not earning it.

No more whining from the peanut gallery about the Matt Simms and Brett Ratliffs of the world. If Todd Bowles doesn't play a guy, it'll be because the guy sucks.

I read somewhere that "Bowles would waive his brother if it meant making the team better" Now that's real.

The draft lasted 8 years?

First off, I love the hire!

But I have one question. With Peterson, Cro and real solid safety play, Arizona was 29th in pass D. And Bowles is a secondary coach before anything. Why so poor in this department with all this talent?

He is very aggressive with blitzes- you get burned by that at times

But I have one question. With Peterson, Cro and real solid safety play, Arizona was 29th in pass D. And Bowles is a secondary coach before anything. Why so poor in this department with all this talent?

this is prolly why he went undrafted

Sounds a lot like a former head coach of ours. Oh, and he was a DB, too.

Pump the brakes, Joe.

Yeah, I said I liked this one thing in particular about Bowles. I didn't say that I think this means Bowles will be awesome. Only time will answer that question. 

Rex was awesome, he sucked at his job, but he was awesome. Perhaps we should define awesome a little better. :)

Yeah, I said I liked this one thing in particular about Bowles. I didn't say that I think this means Bowles will be awesome. Only time will answer that question. 

What I don't understand is why you think him being a UDFA means he will definitely be awesome. Why wouldn't you just let time answer that question?

But I have one question. With Peterson, Cro and real solid safety play, Arizona was 29th in pass D. And Bowles is a secondary coach before anything. Why so poor in this department with all this talent?

The Kerry Rhodes gay controversy is still hanging over their heads

Lol @ this thread.

The thing about him being undrafted and lasting in the league is that it speaks to hard work and intelligence. Parcells talks about watching Bowles call the defense when he was a player with Washington. Those are the guys who go onto being good coaches. The ones who really know what it takes to be successful on the field.

You don't see a lot of former stars or first round picks going into coaching. Maybe it's because they made enough money as players, or maybe it's because guys with a ton of natural ability just don't have the aptitude for it. I remember Bart Starr bombing as Green Bay's head coach.

Smart, hard working, persistent, lifetime leader. Good qualities.

Lol @ this thread.

The thing about him being undrafted and lasting in the league is that it speaks to hard work and intelligence. Parcells talks about watching Bowles call the defense when he was a player with Washington. Those are the guys who go onto being good coaches. The ones who really know what it takes to be successful on the field.

You don't see a lot of former stars or first round picks going into coaching. Maybe it's because they made enough money as players, or maybe it's because guys with a ton of natural ability just don't have the aptitude for it. I remember Bart Starr bombing as Green Bay's head coach.

Smart, hard working, persistent, lifetime leader. Good qualities.

I was simply expressing my joy at the prospect of not having to slog through 1000 "Start Matt Simms" threads over the next 3-5 years. 

I was simply expressing my joy at the prospect of not having to slog through 1000 "Start Matt Simms" threads over the next 3-5 years.

I hope that's not because you expect the undrafted Bowles to start him. o_0

Yes, I am sure the masses have been convinced by your argument and will never doubt coach

Archived