With the 6th pick...

DaBallhawk

2015 Draft  

107 members have voted

1. 1. With the 6th pick the Jets select...

• QB Jameis Winston
    • QB Marcus Mariota
    • OLB Randy Gregory
    • OLB Vic Beasley
    • OLB Shane Ray
    • WR Amari Cooper
    • Player Not Listed
    • Trade Down & Pick Up Multiple Day 1 Picks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cooper is probably option #1 at 6. Assuming he's gone I would go either Brandon Scherff or Shane Ray.

I think maybe a guy like Kevin White or DeVante Parker make a huge leap in draft stock and jump into the top 10. Maybe one of those guys are in play if the Jets are looking at receivers by draft time.

The 6th pick is the FINAL FU from Rex.

Fake punt in the 4th quarter in the last game of a lost season. You gotta be effing kidding me!

honestly the 3 slot isn't much better than 6

Leonard Williams maybe? best available DE? Randy Gregory? it's a nicer pick than SHane Ray but we are essentially in the same spot. 

dude. the Jets were 2nd in rushing last year. Without a decent QB (stacked box).

They had the best center in all of football. Most teams don't employ an OL as good as Nick Mangold.

This is not a popular statement but I'll say it again: the OL was better than average. Not amazing, not perfect but more than good enough to win games. Alot of games if the QB was better.

OL is not the problem with this team. Any time you saw 6 rushers for 5 blockers, that's on the QB not the OL.

i do agree they can upgrade on Colon and Breno but that's not a problem requiring a 6 pick to solve.

I agree with the whole guard argument. The way I view Scherf however is as follows: if and only if the Jets view him as a Franchise LT, you take him at 6.

The way I view Scherf however is as follows: if and only if the Jets view him as a Franchise LT, you take him at 6.

that's fair and he could be. It's like a 15% chance but it's possible. they say he's the best iowa lineman ever but he also had knee surgery this year and played through it. medicals are going to be the X factor with the sheriff. 

Here's the last 10 #6 draftees...admittedly a very meh number to be at

2005- Pac man Jones

2006- Vernon Davis

2007- LaRon Landry

2008- Vernon Gholston

I just threw up and couldn't read the rest of that list :(

that's fair and he could be. It's like a 15% chance but it's possible. they say he's the best iowa lineman ever but he also had knee surgery this year and played through it. medicals are going to be the X factor with the sheriff.

If he does check out and he is the guy; move Breno inside to RG and Scherff at RT until Brick is done. Then transition him to LT.

I'd love Shane Ray.  OLB has legitimately been a need for 5 years.  Imagine trying to account for Wilk, Richardson and a legitimate passrusher who isn't 35 and is, instead, young and athletic...scary stuff for any Oline.

The only defensive player I would consider at 6. Best pass rusher in the draft. Read somewhere he might run in the 4.4s. I expect a big vert and broad jump, but am unsure on the three cone THO. Maybe skip the three cone.

One game does not change two years of film on a single player: if mariota drops it's because he's not worth the top pick, not because scouts changed their entire opinion of him due to one game. That's ridiculous.

Mid-round developmental QBs is a pipe dream for anything more than a future backup. Their success rate is abysmal.

Outside of Winston and Mariota, it's hard to say without the combine and senior bowl.

I disagree, I think Carr's stock took a hit in that USC game. I'm starting to believe Mariota has a good chance at falling, I think a lot of teams are going to get scared of the system he played in and he falls. 

I disagree, I think Carr's stock took a hit in that USC game. I'm starting to believe Mariota has a good chance at falling, I think a lot of teams are going to get scared of the system he played in and he falls. 

Carr's stock did not drop because Fresno State was outmatched by USC in the last game of the year, he dropped because a myriad of things e.g. doesn't have ideal size, smaller hands, beat up on weaker teams, was known to get flustered by pressure etc. Same thing goes for Mariota, scouts didn't just all of a sudden realize that he plays for oregon during the national championship.  I've been saying it for two years, so I doubt it's a secret for people who are paid to do it for a living, but Oregon's offense is predicated on pre-determined reads and a one-look system.  That's not to say he doesn't have the requisite skills to succeed in the NFL, it's just that he's by no means pro-ready. Another reason why I believe Winston will be chosen ahead of him and be the better pro. 

He will fall. It's not just one game. It's people taking a hard look how that production is going to translate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get your feelings hurt but Warmack has been terrible. Especially considering where they took him.

When you take a guard top 10, you better get Steve Hutchinson instead they got a JAG.

Warmack played very well the second half of the year, Once they get a real QB to keep teams from putting 8 in box, their OL will look much better.  Jon Cooper is a piece of garbage. 

Btw. Senior Jeremiah just dropped a mock with mariota at 6, DGB at 18 and Gurley at 31.... To the pats.

and Scherff went 26th to the Panthers

that's where a player like him probably ends up. easy prediction he's not going to be a top 10 pick. 

guys like Peat and Erik Flowers have way more upside. The draft is about upside (and don't blame me, I don't make the rules)

The only defensive player I would consider at 6. Best pass rusher in the draft. Read somewhere he might run in the 4.4s. I expect a big vert and broad jump, but am unsure on the three cone THO. Maybe skip the three cone.

I read that too.  This league is becoming all about speed on defense.  With all of the crossing routes teams like the Patriots run it is valuable to have a guy who can cover those in the flat AND rush the sh*t out of the passer...it makes your defense less vanilla and harder to read pre snap...which is pretty perfect for Bowles "Rex-Esque" blitz packages.

Cardale Jones is returning to OSU.

Scherff might not even be the best OT in the draft.

Cooper is not a top five lock, it's very possible White or Parker end up leapfrogging him after the senior bowl and combine are done.

Mock drafts in January are f*cking pointless.

There's a better chance of Morena Baccarin giving me a rusty trombone tonight than Cooper falling to 6.  Ditto for Winston unless he gets another scandal between now and the draft.  I think Tampa's taking him and Jags, Raiders, Titans can all use a WR and Cooper is the best in the draft by far.

I read that too.  This league is becoming all about speed on defense.  With all of the crossing routes teams like the Patriots run it is valuable to have a guy who can cover those in the flat AND rush the sh*t out of the passer...it makes your defense less vanilla and harder to read pre snap...which is pretty perfect for Bowles "Rex-Esque" blitz packages.

Well that's what Kyle Wilson was supposed to be.  And then we found out he sucked horribly.

Trade down is easy said than done. I hope someone falls madly in love with Cooper if he's there at #6 and we pick up a future 1st, and a current 3rd or 4th by dropping down 5-8 slots.

Amazing how people think Cooper is going to fall to 6.  If he somehow did the Jets need to take him and run.

Aren't you the guy who said Rex never had a say in who was drafted? He was simply "not given any talent"?

Guess it won't be up to Bowles who we draft then, will it? Mac Single Malt will make the pick.

I'll be VERY surprised in this years draft if both QB's are not gone asap. It's just not a strong QB draft, and there s a ton of need for QB at the top. Unless there is another rape, I'm just not seeing this fantasy of the best QB's falling to us at #6, sorry.

I'll also freely admit I may be biased as well, since I don't want either QB, and prefer we sign a Vet to start, demote Smith and draft a mid-rounder to develop given the 2015 field.

OL, Pass Rush, WR, all are fine by me. All needs, all improvements.

Playing a retread veteran is just stupid in my book, great way to be nothing more than mediocre. Play Geno withour Rex mucking around and draft 1 or even 2 young guys.

Amazing how people think Cooper is going to fall to 6.  If he somehow did the Jets need to take him and run.

Yeah I doubt he falls past Oakland. If he does, he won't fall past #6. Im divided on Cooper. This draft is heavy on WRs again and if we get a lopsided trade offer (something we've always been on the wrong end of it seems), I'd take that.

There's a better chance of Morena Baccarin giving me a rusty trombone tonight than Cooper falling to 6. Ditto for Winston unless he gets another scandal between now and the draft. I think Tampa's taking him and Jags, Raiders, Titans can all use a WR and Cooper is the best in the draft by far.

This is all pre-combine. If White goes out and runs a 4.4 or high 4.3, it's a serious toss up to who's the first WR off the board. The guy is a Fitzgerald clone coming out of college and if he has the speed numbers to back it up, I'd take him over cooper. Same thing goes for Parker. They both do things that cooper cannot given their body type.

Archived