Cromartie-Bowles Reunion?

j4jets

Food for thought, Bowles coached Cro. He will be a FA this year. If Bowles was impressed by Cro, he will suit up in green again. Wilson is a goner n we have Milliner as the only starting caliber CB. I don't think Revis would out of the question either, but thats a long shot.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/jets_hiring_of_todd_bowles_could_lead_to_reunion_w.html

By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com South Jersey Newspapers
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM, updated January 14, 2015 at 4:12 PM

....In addition to Allen, Bowles could also give a call to a player he coached last season and is very familiar to Jets fans, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antonio Cromartie.A nine-year veteran, Cromartie spent four seasons with the Jets from 2010-2013 before signing with Arizona on a one-year deal last summer. The move paid off for both Cromartie and the Cardinals, and the veteran had a bounce-back year, finishing with three interceptions.

He also had a better season than every corner on the Jets, according to ProFootball Focus. Signing Cromartie would not only help to improve the Jets' secondary, but would also give Bowles a veteran in the locker room that is familiar with the defensive scheme he wants to run. Whether the Jets reach out to either player remains to be seen, and it seems like Bowles will need permission from the team's new general manager Mike Maccagnan to do so, but Allen and Cromartie are two names for Jets fans to keep an eye on this summer.

Anyone else wanting Cro back? I think he'd be cheap and would fill a need for a couple of years.

The first, (and arguably more interesting) free agent the article lists is Safety, Nate Allen from Philadelphia. 

I see Cromartie as a done deal.  Hopefully we can score Sam Acho to help make calls for the front-7.  The fact that we're looking at Philly's roster now is an interesting wrinkle. 

That leaves the Jets looking for help in the secondary, and could lead to Bowles reaching into his rolodex to call up two of his former players — starting with Eagles safety Nate Allen. 
A former second-round pick, Allen has started 69 games for the Eagles the past five seasons, totaling 10 interceptions and 258 tackles. Although his play has been inconsistent, Allen had one of his better seasons under Bowles in 2012, and has called the new Jets head coach one of the best coaches he has ever played for.

Not interested. I mean I would be if he came in here as a sub/nickel/free safety type guy. But not as a starter. I want a legit, somewhat young guy as our #1 (Kareem Jackson?) and then we have Williams/Milliner compete for the #2 job. That's good enough. Bringing in Cro as a starter would mean that we're not gonna sign any of the bigname corners out there and I just don't want that happening. We need a legit starting corner who has more than 1-2 years left in the league. Cro is just a stopgap solution. Not a great one at that.

Not interested. I mean I would be if he came in here as a sub/nickel/free safety type guy. But not as a starter. I want a legit, somewhat young guy as our #1 (Kareem Jackson?) and then we have Williams/Milliner compete for the #2 job. That's good enough. Bringing in Cro as a starter would mean that we're not gonna sign any of the bigname corners out there and I just don't want that happening. We need a legit starting corner who has more than 1-2 years left in the league. Cro is just a stopgap solution. Not a great one at that.

I think Williams showed that he's worth a damn. We do need to bring another CB in and I believe Cro could be the right guy. Williams, Milliner, Cro, McDougall and draft Steve Nelson from Oregon and this is a respectable set of corners. 

I think Williams showed that he's worth a damn. We do need to bring another CB in and I believe Cro could be the right guy. Williams, Milliner, Cro, McDougall and draft Steve Nelson from Oregon and this is a respectable set of corners.

I think Milliner is garbage. Hurt a lot too.

I think Milliner is garbage. Hurt a lot too.

We dont know for sure if Milliner is garbage. You dont throw away a 1st round pick without making sure. This is why you bring back a serviceable guy like Cro and draft another cover CB in the mid rounds like Nelson. We already hit imo with Williams, he's not "All-World", but he was for sure the best CB we had on the team last year and can definitely take a the CB2 spot if you ask me. We still have McDougal who showed promise as well. Williams makes this transition much smoother. We need to sure up that slot position Which Nelson and McDougal can manage and Let Cro and Milliner fight it out for that top CB spot. If none of them can take it then give it to Williams and let them fight for the CB2 position and throw McDougal in that mix as well. 

I'd much rather use the high cap on a younger guy at a different position. The CB position seems rather dull this year. Revis isn't much younger either. We can get by with Cro for a couple years at about 3mil each. That can leave us plenty of freedom with other FAs n accordingly, the draft. BPA.

Can't count on Milliner, his potential or skill doesn't matter. He could be the best corner ever, if he only holds up for 3 games again it's not gonna matter.

Unfortunately, thats correct. We cant count on him, but the games he does play, would be gravy until proven he can sustain a 20+wk season of beating.

I think Williams showed that he's worth a damn. We do need to bring another CB in and I believe Cro could be the right guy. Williams, Milliner, Cro, McDougall and draft Steve Nelson from Oregon and this is a respectable set of corners. 

and what I like unless he goes beast mode in the combine that we can get him with our 4th and I do believe this kid under our new coach will develop into a great CB.

Archived